Preview 2013 Draft/Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You make a compelling case gcsunsfc !
I do think we will contend for a Premiership in the next 2-3 years though. I am probably the only one, but I think our 'growth' will be exponential and agree with the 20One3 thingy. Even so, you're reasons for getting Frawley still hold up.
Geelong had Scarlett & Taylor, Collingwood had Brown & Reid, Hawthorn only really have Gibson - Lake now. I guess there's no set formula to it. You need 2 quality big stoppers at least though for sure.
I had no idea Warnock was 29. Gee I hope we win one with him - he thoroughly deserves it.

has anyone looked into dayle garlett?
didnt get picked up last year few off field incidences..
top 10 pick (well should have been)
wa boy in the mould of bennell, martin
maybe these guys can help him tame his ways.
we could pick him up for next to nothing
Light frame? Don't want too many of this type of player. (Body shape wise - twigs, unable to put on body mass)

I'm not sure it's reasonable to make direct comparisons at this stage with the premiership teams of the past. There's a lot of talent here, and with just as much hard work who knows what will happen?

Next season will be a *very* interesting one for mine.
'Very'?

whos to say warnock cant play till he is 33?
I'd say history does. There aren't many dustin fletchers around! Saying this with the utmost respect for what he did for our team last year and also last week..Would you want a 33 year old Matthew Warnock as one of your key posts when you are shooting for a flag?

has anyone looked into dayle garlett?
didnt get picked up last year few off field incidences..
top 10 pick (well should have been)
wa boy in the mould of bennell, martin
maybe these guys can help him tame his ways.
we could pick him up for next to nothing

Has terrible work ethic and alot of off field issues apparently. There's a reason no team drafted him. He's playing for Swan Districts this year and hopefully he can get over his issues and become and AFL player.

I said this days ago and nobody really commented on the Frawley idea?!

Need to be a big fish/vulture off the field, and circle the carcass that is Melbourne. We can certainly offer a first rounder for Frawley next year, he isn't a free agent. So will have to be traded for.

I'm of the idea that Warnock has a max of 2 years left unfortunately, Bock probably less, after seeing him in round 1 with still a heavy limp 1 year on, he is going to be a shadow of his former self. Same as Murphy he is 27 I think as well I'm pretty sure? So our experienced defenders are all probably going to be moved in in the next 2 years, Bock, Warnock, Murphy, Brown.

No need to worry about re signing our kids over the years, because the 4 mentioned plus probably Brennan will probably be gone in 2-3 years due to age basically. Surely those 5 players are approximately 2 million we can use to allocate to our stars.

So in 3 years time we have Thompson and Schade as our key defenders?! Come on, lets throw some currency at a decent key position.

midfielders, and runners are dime a dozen and I've said previously as well we probably have the best prospects in the land and top line talent over even the Giants in my opinion.

We have to be patient with our quality forwards/rucks, but our key defenders are light on in quality AND quantity.

Frawley should seriously be considered!

supernova_ can't agree with Murphy being put in that category. He's still young enough to go for a long time yet. Plus he doesn't play tall, so should probably leave him out.
Warnock could play for 3-4 more seasons. You'd hope we'd drafted a replacement by then.
Frawley should be considered, but not overpaid for.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

supernova_ can't agree with Murphy being put in that category. He's still young enough to go for a long time yet. Plus he doesn't play tall, so should probably leave him out.
Warnock could play for 3-4 more seasons. You'd hope we'd drafted a replacement by then.
Frawley should be considered, but not overpaid for.

I blurred my argument a bit there in mixing up defenders and key defenders.

Point is we've got 2 up and coming in big red, and Schade, that's it. The 4 or 5 odd players/defenders I mentioned will most likely be gone by 2015 if not sooner.

I would expect Tape to definitely surpass Murphy by then who plays a similar role I would think?

I said this days ago and nobody really commented on the Frawley idea?!

Need to be a big fish/vulture off the field, and circle the carcass that is Melbourne. We can certainly offer a first rounder for Frawley next year, he isn't a free agent. So will have to be traded for.

I'm of the idea that Warnock has a max of 2 years left unfortunately, Bock probably less, after seeing him in round 1 with still a heavy limp 1 year on, he is going to be a shadow of his former self. Same as Murphy he is 27 I think as well I'm pretty sure? So our experienced defenders are all probably going to be moved in in the next 2 years, Bock, Warnock, Murphy, Brown.

No need to worry about re signing our kids over the years, because the 4 mentioned plus probably Brennan will probably be gone in 2-3 years due to age basically. Surely those 5 players are approximately 2 million we can use to allocate to our stars.

So in 3 years time we have Thompson and Schade as our key defenders?! Come on, lets throw some currency at a decent key position.

midfielders, and runners are dime a dozen and I've said previously as well we probably have the best prospects in the land and top line talent over even the Giants in my opinion.

We have to be patient with our quality forwards/rucks, but our key defenders are light on in quality AND quantity.

Frawley should seriously be considered!
Yes exactly, agree with all the above. We can't afford to wait to draft a key defender and for them to take at least 5 years getting to be a top line defender (from 18 - 23 ) whilst all our gun midfielders are now starting to hit their straps. We need to make a play for someone who is on the verge of their prime and will be a gun for the next 5 years!

Alright you lot have convinced me that Frawley is a better choice than Thomas.

Having said that, shouldn't we target a mature forward?

In the immortal words of Daniel Bryan, 'Yes. Yes. Yes.'. Our key forwards are coming on but you can never ever have too many quality key forwards.

I'd be more tempted to let them develop. Dixon, Day, May, Hall and Lynch are all fighting for the few spots available. In a couple of years i suspect that it will be other clubs trying to poach forwards from us!

Adelaide Crows
Graham Johncock
Jason Porplyzia
Brent Reilly
Ben Rutten
Scott Thompson (R)
Nathan Van Berlo(R)

Brisbane Lions
Simon Black
Jonathan Brown
Joel Patfull (R)

Carlton
Eddie Betts (R)
Andrew Carrazzo
Heath Scotland

Collingwood
Alan Didak
Ben Johnson
Nick Maxwell (R)
Dale Thomas (R)
Alan Toovey

Essendon
Dustin Fletcher
David Hille
Nathan Lovett-Murray
Jason Winderlich

Fremantle
Michael Johnson

Geelong
Paul Chapman
Joel Corey
Corey Enright
Josh Hunt
Matthew Stokes

Hawthorn
Max Bailey
Xavier Ellis
Lance Franklin (R)
Brent Guerra
Michael Osborne

Melbourne
Aaron Davey (R)
Colin Sylvia (R)

North Melbourne
Michael Firrito
Brent Harvey
Scott McMahon
Drew Petrie

Port Adelaide
Kane Cornes (R)
Brett Ebert
Tom Logan
Matt Thomas
We looking at any??

Richmond
Daniel Jackson
Luke McGuane
Chris Newman
Shane Tuck
Matthew White

St Kilda
Jason Blake
Nick Dal Santo (R)
Lenny Hayes
Justin Koschitzke
Stephen Milne

Sydney Swans
Jude Bolton
Adam Goodes
Nick Malceski

West Coast
Dean Cox
Andrew Embley
Darren Glass
Mark Le Cras (R)
Mark Nicoski
Adam Selwood
Beau Waters

Western Bulldogs
Dylan Addison
Adam Cooney (R)
Daniel Cross
Daniel Giansiracusa
Dale Morris (R)

For some reason I really want Thomas. I also want another KPP, maybe McGuane as he's versatile.

yeah free agents list..
mcguane is an interesting one.. playing well up forward.
seems to be getting game time now though so richmond may need him.
toovey is another backman we could use

forwards we need the most.
kozi.. blahh
petrie.. wont leave
buddy.. wouldnt come here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back