List Mgmt. 2016 Trade/Free Agency

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aaron Hall to be traded?
Can we seriously cut this s**t out? It's been mentioned 5000 ******* times and it's so irritating to read it with nothing to substantiate it. If you've got a new source or news article, then by all means post it, but it's been beaten to death.

Can we seriously cut this s**t out? It's been mentioned 5000 ******* times and it's so irritating to read it with nothing to substantiate it. If you've got a new source or news article, then by all means post it, but it's been beaten to death.
Saw it on Twitter posted an hour ago. Not sure how credible the account is.

Since when were we having a rebuild?

(thanks for posting btw - sorry for the outburst!)

Damian Barratt seems to think that we won't attract talent and a rebuild is more likely... But this is the same Damian Barrett who almost copped a floggjng from Justin Leppich last Friday for reporting crap..

Having said that, is that Twitter account a reliable source or just someone who's been fed 3rd hand information

Saw it on Twitter posted an hour ago. Not sure how credible the account is.

i know we're all eager for the trade period to start, but can we please refrain from posting/quoting "sources" like this? any generic "afl trade whispers" or "afl trade rumour" social media pages (in particular the one above which was only started last week and has about as many followers as GWS) have absolutely no substance whatsoever. they're pretty much are just copying what they hear on podcasts, see journo's post, and random crap that gets started on bigfooty.

i know we're all eager for the trade period to start, but can we please refrain from posting/quoting "sources" like this? any generic "afl trade whispers" or "afl trade rumour" social media pages (in particular the one above which was only started last week and has about as many followers as GWS) have absolutely no substance whatsoever. they're pretty much are just copying what they hear on podcasts, see journo's post, and random crap that gets started on bigfooty.

Its funny cos they have more members than us. :p:(

But yeah, its just click-bait, gutter-journalism trash. Just repeating what another 'rumour' page says, but as their own secret source. Its like posting a rumour from FIGJAM Barrett. :D If we posted every rumour from everyone of these pages, our team would end up being both the best in the league, and void of any players at all, at the same time.

Can we include all Damien Barrett musings.:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Found out today that Hanley is having a tour through Metricon (and the new facilities) on Tuesday.

Was also told there is another high profile player meeting with the club at Metricon on Tuesday. Wouldn't mention his name though. Feel free to stake it out in the back car park if you want an exclusive!?

New facilities should up and running early-mid December all being well. They are a couple of months behind schedule.

So I take it that Tom Lynch will be on hand to act as tour guide and all around deal closer on Tuesday?

Got us Eade and Malceski (can't blame Tom - the club names the target he just closes the deal)

Suns should be looking to Rocky as well IMO. Prestia replacement as best as you will get I would think. Jong, Rocky and Hanley will push the Suns into top 8 calculations I would think. Rocky will absolutely thrive in your team and his best asset is his kicking inside 50. He is absolutely elite at this and with the likes of Lynch and Wright playing forward I can see Rocky taking the next step into definite elite territory.

I would definitely think Rocky, Hanley, Ablett, Hall, Swallow, Miller and Rischa midfield will be fairly strong... maybe even top 4 strong.

Edit: No way in hell is Jong worth a top 10 pick... he is a fringe player at best...

Well Damo saying the Suns aren't concerned with Jong has been shown as clearly wrong.

Oh Damo...

12umnr.jpg

Suns should be looking to Rocky as well IMO. Prestia replacement as best as you will get I would think. Jong, Rocky and Hanley will push the Suns into top 8 calculations I would think. Rocky will absolutely thrive in your team and his best asset is his kicking inside 50. He is absolutely elite at this and with the likes of Lynch and Wright playing forward I can see Rocky taking the next step into definite elite territory.

I would definitely think Rocky, Hanley, Ablett, Hall, Swallow, Miller and Rischa midfield will be fairly strong... maybe even top 4 strong.

Edit: No way in hell is Jong worth a top 10 pick... he is a fringe player at best...
I'm concerned a that Lions fans want to trade out their captain. You don't do that unless there is something wrong with them. Surely you wouldn't just do it for a high pick.

I'm concerned a that Lions fans want to trade out their captain. You don't do that unless there is something wrong with them. Surely you wouldn't just do it for a high pick.
I think it's less about want and more about need. Lions, despite being s**t for a long time, haven't truly bottomed out and rebuilt. They've kinda just patched over the holes until the club is beyond renovating. They need to demolish and rebuild entirely, and trading out Hanley and Rocky is the best place to start. They're worth a shitload on the open market and with the picks the Lions can demand, they'd draft some serious talent and grow the club together ala Doggies.

If we can get both Hanley and Jong that would inject some serious pace into our team

If we can get Hanley, Jong, maybe a Lyons or Barlow with another 2nd, as well as Bowes and another live top 10 pick (hopefully #4), Scheer, another live 2nd round pick, and Williams, and maybe a 1st for next year (either from JOM or trading one this year, which Clayton apparently loves to do) that would be incredible and really give us a huge boost especially in the midfield heading into next year. I don't think its unrealistic either.

That's 2/3 ready to go midfielders all you would think either best 22 or on the cusp, 2 young academy potential guns, 2 other best 30 talents in the draft, and Williams!

But Inbefore we bring in Witts and thats it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back