List Mgmt. 2016 Trade/Free Agency

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

As long as the Bombers sign off their public statement with **** Hawthorn, I think everything should be in order.

Let me think....

.....Agreed.

:D

So this is pick 20 and 29 for this year, that would give us 6 picks between 20 and 30... baring in mind not many good players actually want to come here.. WTF are we going to do with all those picks... I guess we could trade picks 6 and 8... and use all those seconds for Bowes and Scheer and Lyons and a couple of others.. but what do we trade 6 and 8 with.. be perfect if it was for pick 1 but that's dealing with Essendon again... maybe that's the deal... we end up with 1 and 4... 3 second rounders for Bowes and Scheer and three more for Lyons and Hanley. .. it means we are only after 6 players... hopefully get Williams as well...

On the assumption the offer is real, which it isnt, it would be basically the same offer that was made by Hawthorn and knocked back. Just with a few higher spots.

So you guys will either draft about 15 kids, or else you will be throwing away picks in the 2nd round while other clubs are only just getting started. I assume its the 2nd option unless you expect to delist about a dozen players.

And in 2 years for half those kids they will be deciding not to re-sign, and we go through this again.

Or you tell Cochrane to shut up and let the coach and list manager do their jobs and you try and make sensible deals.

On the assumption the offer is real, which it isnt, it would be basically the same offer that was made by Hawthorn and knocked back. Just with a few higher spots.

So you guys will either draft about 15 kids, or else you will be throwing away picks in the 2nd round while other clubs are only just getting started. I assume its the 2nd option unless you expect to delist about a dozen players.

And in 2 years for half those kids they will be deciding not to re-sign, and we go through this again.

Or you tell Cochrane to shut up and let the coach and list manager do their jobs and you try and make sensible deals.
Why? So Hawthorn can come back in 2 years and take them again anyway?

Wait people assume that Cochrane is the one pulling all the shots?? I was under the impression that he was simply stating the line that we have been taking the entire time, that we think Jaeger is worth alot and we won't be bent over by him, kind of like Eddie and Kochie do. The guy has been in charge for 5 minutes. There is no way he has come in and told Clayton and Ashcroft to GAGF and told them how to do their job. Does he even have the power to do this? It would be like going up to Rocket and saying 'nah your s**t, Im the coach now'. He is just being a passionate yet slightly obnoxious fan.
Also, just curiously, what is the current offer from Hawthorn that the Suns are being campaigners for not taking. Because all I can see Hawthorn offering is #10, and I don't know what else they have or can include? Forgive me if it is obvious.

Wait people assume that Cochrane is the one pulling all the shots?? I was under the impression that he was simply stating the line that we have been taking the entire time, that we think Jaeger is worth alot and we won't be bent over by him, kind of like Eddie and Kochie do. The guy has been in charge for 5 minutes. There is no way he has come in and told Clayton and Ashcroft to GAGF and told them how to do their job. Does he even have the power to do this?

So when he came out and said exactly what the trade had to be and that nothing else would be considered, he wasnt speaking from a position of authority?

Seems a little unusual.

So when he came out and said exactly what the trade had to be and that nothing else would be considered, he wasnt speaking from a position of authority?

Seems a little unusual.
Trying to trade for a player when you don't have the assets to do is a bit unusual but the Hawks still try it. Can't be much different I would say.

Oh I guarantee it is real.

The question is whether or not JOM agrees.
i sincerely hope it is.
GC agree to it and then Essendon pull out at the last minute and land him with pick one in the draft.
Love how reading these posts they're buying it to.
Til then GW gets deals done the Dodo is extinct for a reason....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i sincerely hope it is.
GC agree to it and then Essendon pull out at the last minute and land him with pick one in the draft.

Hahahahahaha......

The draft?

i sincerely hope it is.
But then the Hawks have mortgaged their short term future for a player that didn't even join them.

So which of 1 through 9 will stump up $1.5m over 2 years for a guy who doesnt want to be at their club?
Not sure, depends on who thinks he's good enough and what the AFL thinks of the Vickery stuff. Would be Hilarious if the Hawks had to forfeit picks or something.

Seems a little unusual.
Considering he is not in charge of our list management, or anything to do with the playing list or draft, I would say he is just saying these things as spokesperson of the club and that this is what the entire club believes and he is simply stating it?? Of course he would be pressuring Clayton and co. to get the best deal, as chairman of the club he wants the best for the club. But He does not make the final decision on what the trade is. He hasn't just rocked up and gone 'you know what, in my opinion as a business man who knows SFA about list building and player value, Jaeger is worth 2 first round picks +, and I am going to go to Scott Clayton who has been doing this for over a decade and tell him so. I'm so smart. 10 points to me!'

But it is great that we finally have a chairman who is standing up to everyone and saying 'nah we don't have to put up with this crap' and is not afraid to put himself out there to get what is best for the club. And the fact that it is getting on the nerve of some nuffies is delicious.

Not sure, depends on who thinks he's good enough and what the AFL thinks of the Vickery stuff. Would be Hilarious if the Hawks had to forfeit picks or something.

That wont happen. So if we get him for pick 10 in the draft that is a win for your club? You will have instilled fear in your players and expect them to stay loyal?

Or if Carlton decide to use pick 7 in the draft (or 5 or whatever it is)?

Still a win?

When the Swans had pick 14 For Mitchell would their smart move have been to refuse the trade and send him to the draft?

That wont happen. So if we get him for pick 10 in the draft that is a win for your club? You will have instilled fear in your players and expect them to stay loyal?

Or if Carlton decide to use pick 7 in the draft (or 5 or whatever it is)?

Still a win?

When the Swans had pick 14 For Mitchell would their smart move have been to refuse the trade and send him to the draft?
I've said this multiple times, why do people compare the Mitchell deal and this. Swans needed the cap space for Mills and Heeney and your only good pick was pick 14. If he hadn't nominated you they would have found a better suitor. If sending O'Meara to ND or PSD stops clubs from trying to take our players every season so be it. It's a bit much when the Hawthorn and Richmond supporters think the Suns should bend over backwards to accommodate them just because. Maybe both sets of fans should realise you can't get what you want without giving something up in return.

I've said this multiple times, why do people compare the Mitchell deal and this. Swans needed the cap space for Mills and Heeney and your only good pick was pick 14. If he hadn't nominated you they would have found a better suitor. If sending O'Meara to ND or PSD stops clubs from trying to take our players every season so be it. It's a bit much when the Hawthorn and Richmond supporters think the Suns should bend over backwards to accommodate them just because. Maybe both sets of fans should realise you can't get what you want without giving something up in return.

Ok ignoring the Mitchell deal. Is sending JOM and even Prestia tl the draft a win for GCS? What is the goal there?

You get nothing and other clubs get exactly what they want.

Ok ignoring the Mitchell deal. Is sending JOM and even Prestia tl the draft a win for GCS? What is the goal there?

You get nothing and other clubs get exactly what they want.
Get rid of the stigma we are pushovers. We aren't a club that just rolls over to what ever s**t deal people offer us and I think its working considering the amount of effort the Hawks have already gone through to try and get O'Meara.

Get rid of the stigma we are pushovers. We aren't a club that just rolls over to what ever s**t deal people offer us and I think its working considering the amount of effort the Hawks have already gone through to try and get O'Meara.

So instead of making deals the win is getting nothing?

You dont see that as a little biting off nose to spite face?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back