Toast 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Looking back on the last 3 years, it's clear that Roos has steered us to a much more stable position - even if his game style is outdated now, he instilled certain values and a development environment that gave the players belief in themselves. Now we are primed for a more progressive coach to take over and put some fresh touches on the game style. It's been pretty seamless and I think Goodwin may well turn out to be a very good coach.

Even though Roos' winning percentage took a beating in his time at MFC, his reputation has been enhanced. So for me it's a big :thumbsu: for the decision to get Roos to the club. Equally so, Peter Jackson. I hope Jackson sticks around for a while yet.

Of all our young players I feel like Hunt is the least 'Melbourne'. LAte 50s pick with some genuine X factor and elite potential. I rate him as highly as Petracca, Oliver, Gawn, and Hogan, in probably the top tier of our young talent.
It's funny, I consider him classic or old school Melbourne for different reasons. Private school boy, only played APS footy. When he got named for his debut he rang his mum and she was out playing golf in the middle of a weekday (with I think Wattsy's mum?) and his dad was overseas on business. She asked him if tickets would sorted but if not no worries, they'd just sit in the MCC.

Agreed that he is a gun.

most promising is the lack of a blowout loss. As someone said, our biggest loss was that 55 point grind at the SCG which was hardly a thrashing. It's rare not to have been completely pantsed at least once in a season (fingers crossed I haven't spoken too soon).
curiously, the hawks have lost by more than that to the Gnats.

- Three in a row
- win over Port (taken 7 attempts)
- win over Port in SA (last time was 2000)

- Three in a row
- win over Port (taken 7 attempts)
- win over Port in SA (last time was 2000)

Not sure we've actually improved though...

The below post is just classic Melbourne and really typifies how so many of our supporters feel. It's an absurd post! But i get it, it's almost surreal that we're actually turning into a decent footy side. We're so much better than we've been in the last 10 years and so many of our most promising guys are so young! Such a bright future, buying memberships no longer feels like you're burning money or spending it on some really unhealthy drug.

The below post is just classic Melbourne and really typifies how so many of our supporters feel. It's an absurd post! But i get it, it's almost surreal that we're actually turning into a decent footy side. We're so much better than we've been in the last 10 years and so many of our most promising guys are so young! Such a bright future, buying memberships no longer feels like you're burning money or spending it on some really unhealthy drug.
It was a joke.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back