Training 2019 Preseason

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone really believe the Saints wield the power needed to cover up a story like that? Collingwood, yes. Geelong in Geelong, sure. Richmond maybe, but not us.
You make an excellent point. Reference the article Dane Swan recently where he mentioned how lucky he was that Eddie and the Collingwood power brokers continually saved his arse when he stuffed up. I wonder if Barrett and Timid's recent call that Hanners is a bust might be linked to rumours of extra curricular activities rather than the state of his 'strings.

Appreciate the insight. I can relate. As a young soldier serving overseas I experienced hamstring issues. Luckily my machine gunner was previously an Osteopath. He did some work on my back and explained how it is all linked and most likely a result of back issues from the weight we carried on patrol... anyways, I wouldn’t have made it through the deployment without him! Hopefully our medicos are all over it and can get him back on the frontline 😉

Its not recognised enough in our country - thank you for your service & glad you made it home safely!

You make an excellent point. Reference the article Dane Swan recently where he mentioned how lucky he was that Eddie and the Collingwood power brokers continually saved his arse when he stuffed up. I wonder if Barrett and Timid's recent call that Hanners is a bust might be linked to rumours of extra curricular activities rather than the state of his 'strings.

I doubt either of those two clowns have any inside knowledge within our club. Barrett loves hanging it on the Saints as we have been an easy target and Timid is simply not too bright.

Hanners would not have been allowed to be elected to the leadership group if there had been any off field issues.

Just a slow news story/rumour nothing more.

"He came into my office and I asked him: ‘If you’re going to play midfield what do you need to do?’ We test 3km after their breaks and he said he had to get down to at least 10.30. I told him Matty Hornsby (fitness coach) told me it’s going to take you two years. Post-Christmas he runs 10.22. He’s a very, very driven person. I don’t want to put pressure on him, but he’s a chance to be a very special player. "

:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

I heard Hanners hamstring issues are not related to snorting any white powder. More about his poor back posture when he bends down to do a line. Needs to work on his technique. Apparently doing the same rehab as Carlisle.

I’ll see myself out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I heard Hanners hamstring issues are not related to snorting any white powder. More about his poor back posture when he bends down to do a line. Needs to work on his technique. Apparently doing the same rehab as Carlisle.

I’ll see myself out.

if he put it up on "BOOBS" it might make it better for his back.

Its been a little while since I have come on here but I caught some training the other day and much to the delight of some we were having a Collingfilth inspired sister kissing contest, aka intraclub praccie match with two AFL umpires adjudicating. The breeze wreaked a bit of havoc at times and it really seemed to separate the good and bad kicks out there.

There were a few standouts, namely Josh Bruce who I think is in line for a massive season. I've said it a few times but its finally clicked for him, lined up on Brown and looked bloody dangerous. I give that extra points for Josh because Brown has looked as good as I've ever seen him this pre-season. Paddy was very frustrated with a few things not going his way (teammates choosing other options/too slow/bad umpiring) but he was in great positions and led really well. Members also caught the eye with a few great grabs.

Unfortunately Josh Battle copped a bit of a knock, he played on but I feel like it affected him a bit, he is such a nice size and mover though so I think he has what it takes to potentially dominate in the backline in the years to come. It was a shame because I was really looking forward to seeing how he went in his new position.

Staying in defence I was impressed with Robbo, a year out of the game has many of us forgetting just how good this bloke was in 2017. He hasn't missed a beat and will almost definitely line up in round 1 (if there was ever any doubt). Wilkie did some real eye catching things in the backline including a great grab where he was absolutely crunched, I really like him and the Chips comparisons are bang on. Jake Batchelor would have to be our worst pick up of the year, missed heaps of targets by foot and shouldn't have gone for seconds at Christmas time (before I get abused yes our assistant coach was filling in in the backline).

The usual suspects in Seb and Stuv were their usual solid self in the midfield (Stuv being more solid than I remember him - if you catch my drift...), but I really liked Sinclair, he looks quicker and fitter than I've ever seen him. It looks like he is training and playing with added intensity as though his life depends on it this year - which it probably does, he (like Newnes) is the type of player who could very quickly become dispensable but he is really pushing the boundaries which is great.

Coffield and Clark both looked bigger and really comfortable out there, they both have beautiful vision and decision making, I'd be surprised if they both didn't play round 1 and begin to really influence games. Coffield has the pace and footskills to really hurt teams, but what I noticed the other day was his ability to rocket out a creative (sweeping) handball from a pack, sounds weird typing that but it was what I noticed. His tackling and his defensive side to his game overall seems to have really improved as well. Similar to Nick, Hunter just seems to have that extra second to sum up a situation and execute the tough kick, I'm going to enjoy watching these two play.

I think he is possibly the most hyped up player this season, but I'd add to the chorus and say there is no reason why Steele can't win our B&F this year, he has stepped it up to a whole new level this preseason, the guy is in beast mode.

Of the newbies, Parker again showed he can provide a freakish spark out there, at the very least, I'm going to take enjoyment out of watching guys like Long, Parker and Gresh providing highlights. Hind was amongst the thick of it (or at least hanging around the outside of the thick of it!), at times he got a bit lost and he was getting a lot of direction - but there is a lot to like also with his acceleration and ability to cut teams in half. Kent looked dangerous every time he went near it, that small forward/midfield/wing role looks near on impossible to pick with about a dozen guys all vying for a few spots.

The usual suspects like Blake, JB and Gresh who I normally notice and write about were just doing their usual things.

Hanners wasn't involved but popped out of the gym and was doing some handball drills with Dmac and Sam, was kicking short kicks as part of the drill so I am not all that concerned about the state of his hammy if he can do that. I think I have some sort of man crush on the bloke considering the influence he has around the place.

Unfortunately only Marshall and Lewi were in the ruck with Billy doing rehab/gym work (I assume), whilst I do have some question marks over Lewi's fitness and ability to run out games, he certainly had improved his ruck work and definitely had the better of Marshall (as he should).

It was a pretty good session, the kicking let a bit to be desired at times, I'm looking at you Jarryn, but all in all I saw nothing that would dampen my enthusiasm for the upcoming season.

Its been a little while since I have come on here but I caught some training the other day and much to the delight of some we were having a Collingfilth inspired sister kissing contest, aka intraclub praccie match with two AFL umpires adjudicating. The breeze wreaked a bit of havoc at times and it really seemed to separate the good and bad kicks out there.

There were a few standouts, namely Josh Bruce who I think is in line for a massive season. I've said it a few times but its finally clicked for him, lined up on Brown and looked bloody dangerous. I give that extra points for Josh because Brown has looked as good as I've ever seen him this pre-season. Paddy was very frustrated with a few things not going his way (teammates choosing other options/too slow/bad umpiring) but he was in great positions and led really well. Members also caught the eye with a few great grabs.

Unfortunately Josh Battle copped a bit of a knock, he played on but I feel like it affected him a bit, he is such a nice size and mover though so I think he has what it takes to potentially dominate in the backline in the years to come. It was a shame because I was really looking forward to seeing how he went in his new position.

Staying in defence I was impressed with Robbo, a year out of the game has many of us forgetting just how good this bloke was in 2017. He hasn't missed a beat and will almost definitely line up in round 1 (if there was ever any doubt). Wilkie did some real eye catching things in the backline including a great grab where he was absolutely crunched, I really like him and the Chips comparisons are bang on. Jake Batchelor would have to be our worst pick up of the year, missed heaps of targets by foot and shouldn't have gone for seconds at Christmas time (before I get abused yes our assistant coach was filling in in the backline).

The usual suspects in Seb and Stuv were their usual solid self in the midfield (Stuv being more solid than I remember him - if you catch my drift...), but I really liked Sinclair, he looks quicker and fitter than I've ever seen him. It looks like he is training and playing with added intensity as though his life depends on it this year - which it probably does, he (like Newnes) is the type of player who could very quickly become dispensable but he is really pushing the boundaries which is great.

Coffield and Clark both looked bigger and really comfortable out there, they both have beautiful vision and decision making, I'd be surprised if they both didn't play round 1 and begin to really influence games. Coffield has the pace and footskills to really hurt teams, but what I noticed the other day was his ability to rocket out a creative (sweeping) handball from a pack, sounds weird typing that but it was what I noticed. His tackling and his defensive side to his game overall seems to have really improved as well. Similar to Nick, Hunter just seems to have that extra second to sum up a situation and execute the tough kick, I'm going to enjoy watching these two play.

I think he is possibly the most hyped up player this season, but I'd add to the chorus and say there is no reason why Steele can't win our B&F this year, he has stepped it up to a whole new level this preseason, the guy is in beast mode.

Of the newbies, Parker again showed he can provide a freakish spark out there, at the very least, I'm going to take enjoyment out of watching guys like Long, Parker and Gresh providing highlights. Hind was amongst the thick of it (or at least hanging around the outside of the thick of it!), at times he got a bit lost and he was getting a lot of direction - but there is a lot to like also with his acceleration and ability to cut teams in half. Kent looked dangerous every time he went near it, that small forward/midfield/wing role looks near on impossible to pick with about a dozen guys all vying for a few spots.

The usual suspects like Blake, JB and Gresh who I normally notice and write about were just doing their usual things.

Hanners wasn't involved but popped out of the gym and was doing some handball drills with Dmac and Sam, was kicking short kicks as part of the drill so I am not all that concerned about the state of his hammy if he can do that. I think I have some sort of man crush on the bloke considering the influence he has around the place.

Unfortunately only Marshall and Lewi were in the ruck with Billy doing rehab/gym work (I assume), whilst I do have some question marks over Lewi's fitness and ability to run out games, he certainly had improved his ruck work and definitely had the better of Marshall (as he should).

It was a pretty good session, the kicking let a bit to be desired at times, I'm looking at you Jarryn, but all in all I saw nothing that would dampen my enthusiasm for the upcoming season.

Ripping post thanks Blacre ...

Awesome stuff BJ, thanks for that.

Could make a huge difference to our team if Bruce gets right back to his best.

He might have been going to do that last year, as he was mighty impressive in the 2nd half of our JLT game against Melbourne at Casey last preseason (coming off an interrupted preseason, he started that game slowly, but then took some ripping marks after half time and looked as good as he ever had), but then he presumably hurt his back soon after and then copped a couple of major injuries that killed his year.

Where did you hear this and how could a hammy injury cover up snorting s**t up your nose , You seriously think the saints would try pulling this stunt ? If you do well ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I’m not the one making up the rumour or saying it’s true champ. Just asking if others (who are a lot more in the know then I am) have heard it also.

I’m not the one making up the rumour or saying it’s true champ. Just asking if others (who are a lot more in the know then I am) have heard it also.
Well champ i will ask you again , where did you hear this so called rumour ?

Thanks mate , thats a great read , interesting to hear that the skipper gave him a gob full , i didn't know he had it in him

Me neither. I guess that just proves we can all be guilty of making snap judgements based on nothing but perception. There may be more to him than meets the eye. I know I've been guilty.

Well champ i will ask you again , where did you hear this so called rumour ?

From a contact who works in the AFL, not to say that gives it any more credibility then hearing it from a drunk at the pub...

As I said I’m not saying it’s true, if it was I highly doubt he would have been just put in our leadership but I’m not in the know.

Again, I was just seeing if others had heard it and if it had any truth to it.... is a public forum about the saints not the appropriate place to do that...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back