2023/2024 Gold Coast Draft & Trade periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just on long saints fans seem to be really upset and mates I have that are saints fans are shattered
I think he’ll be one of those blokes like freckle who don’t get love outside of you’re club but he will be one of our fan favourites
A player who requests a trade to us is rare so far and if he puts caution to the wind for the jumper week in week out like he did for the saints I think we will all ******* love him

Pay Rowell and nosey 800k + next year and spread the rest out over a further 4-5 years equals to about 650k
Noah is comfortably worth 700k plus average. 14 brownlow votes in his 3rd season and a clear step up in the second half of the season.
He will explode next season, I can feel it in me waters.

Sounds like there will be a few swapping of picks yet but if someone has something like 9 or 10 and a later teens pick I could see us splitting 5.

Sounds like there will be a few swapping of picks yet but if someone has something like 9 or 10 and a later teens pick I could see us splitting 5.
giants have 12&19 from taranto compo. leaves gws with 3&5

Hollands manager was on Trade Radio (Twomey part). Wish I could re-listen it. If somebody has a link that would great.

Two different characters, Elijah very confident, Ollie methodical, hardworking, both elite runners. Apparently, they have a bet who will be drafted higher.

I say let's get Ollie with pick 6 :p
Taking him at 6 would be a bit of a power move. Sends a message to Olli that we really want him.

Hollands manager was on Trade Radio (Twomey part?). Wish I could re-listen it. If somebody has a link that would great.

Two different characters, Elijah very confident, Ollie methodical, hardworking, both elite runners. Apparently, they have a bet who will be drafted higher.

I say let's get Ollie with pick 6 :p

I heard it..

Think he said he expects Olli to be ranked mid teens give it take.

So pick 5 would be a big gamble… but come draftnight clubs might be scrambling to get him..

See how it pans out

I heard it..

Think he said he expects Olli to be ranked mid teens give it take.

So pick 5 would be a big gamble… but come draftnight clubs might be scrambling to get him..

See how it pans out
Started the season ranked in the 20s but has gone with just about every game he's played this year. Seems to be developing nicely.

Is slightly high.. but if that’s what pick we hold.

I can see why GC would want to get the last of the hollands boys.

But if u could get him at 10 and another player 15-20 range.. as well

Be best to split the pick up

Getting the best 22 on the park and winning is the goal..
Issue then is it's two more high picks wanting high salaries in two years. This trade period is showing how useful cap space is. Creates options next year when we will probably be using all our picks on academy boys.

Ben Long is potentially the worst player in the competition who gets a regular game along with Turner and Jack Mahoney.

Just wait till you see him.

The biggest dumbass who gives a free kick away almost every time he lays a tackle and can't ever hit a target when kicking inside 50.

If the 4 year contract is true then you'll have to shoot me.
You’re a flog, but you’re entitled to your opinion. But still a flog.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can’t see the Bulldogs accepting future 1st + #21 for Dunkley but not sure what else they can do.

Also leaves Brisbane with a sizeable deficit for Ashcroft and Fletcher I would’ve thought.
Might have this wrong but Brisbane can’t trade next years 1st and 2nd? Is that right?

By going back from 15 to 21 (not that much of a drop) and acquiring a second 2023 second round pick, does it allow them to trade their 2023 1st and pick 21 to dogs

Then trade gws future second to us for a couple of our later picks

Gives them more points for academy kids.

Not sure if that’s right, just a thought.

Edit: Berry trade

Last edited:
Issue then is it's two more high picks wanting high salaries in two years. This trade period is showing how useful cap space is. Creates options next year when we will probably be using all our picks on academy boys.

Can’t guarantee the academy kids will perform and stay top 30 picks.

We’re here to win games of football not prey that 17yr old qld kids come good

I watched a bit of young Hollands in the Country vs. Metro game. I can see where the comparisons to Langdon come from. His top speed didn't look electric, but he just cruised up and down the ground all game with a lengthy stride. We're still on the hunt for a winger, too. Ellis is coming to the end (one more year left on his deal?) and Atkins isn't it. We're going to need someone to step up. In a few years it might be a Hollands on both wings!

We've shown we have no problem reaching for players should we rank them differently. See: McLennan. Didn't really turn out for us though, I guess. :/

I watched a bit of young Hollands in the Country vs. Metro game. I can see where the comparisons to Langdon come from. His top speed didn't look electric, but he just cruised up and down the ground all game with a lengthy stride. We're still on the hunt for a winger, too. Ellis is coming to the end (one more year left on his deal?) and Atkins isn't it. We're going to need someone to step up. In a few years it might be a Hollands on both wings!

We've shown we have no problem reaching for players should we rank them differently. See: McLennan. Didn't really turn out for us though, I guess. :/
Ellis & Atkins End of 2024

And Powell - did work out (assuming he comes back ok)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back