2023/2024 Gold Coast Draft & Trade periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Dimma effect in full swing with Sam’s re-signing.
the simpsons react GIF

Agreed. I watched Chol closely on the weekend. He could be anything but he's also incredibly lazy.
Has massive upside if he could just get rid of the lazyness.
At 27 before next season kicks off.
His laziness is going nowhere.

Is it lazy though? Or is it like Luko… just cool calm and playing to his strengths

At 27 before next season kicks off.
His laziness is going nowhere.

Is it lazy though? Or is it like Luko… just cool calm and playing to his strengths
Nah, you can see it’s lazyness. When it doesn’t quiet go his way, he throws his arms up and begins to flop his body and strut around. He needs to show a bit of 2 way running and he could be used anywhere. I guess this happens when you sign 4 year contracts at $500k+ you begin to stroll down easy street.
That’s how I see it anyway.

Nah, you can see it’s lazyness. When it doesn’t quiet go his way, he throws his arms up and begins to flop his body and strut around. He needs to show a bit of 2 way running and he could be used anywhere. I guess this happens when you sign 4 year contracts at $500k+ you begin to stroll down easy street.
Rumour was $400K.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think if Chol played as many games as Levi did this year, Chol kicks more goals. He’s just not going to cover the ground like some players do. Most talls aren’t a Jeremy Cameron. Chol is high impact burst player, for good and for bad. His defensive efforts are on par with Casboult too.

Pros of Chol: Athletic, great at ground level, reads the ball well and finds space, decent field kick, hard to play against, can kick goals in play, good side step, left footer to work with someone like King. He can do nothing all game then kick 3 in a quarter…

Cons of Chol: not a distance runner, gets gassed easily, not defensively minded, doesn’t mark the ball as often as required, is inconsistent, can do nothing all game until he kicks 3 in a quarter…

For me, the pros outweigh and I personally think he is judged more harshly than any of our talls for similar output. Would have loved to see King and Chol together as a tall, mobile forward line; maybe we never really will :(

I think if Chol played as many games as Levi did this year, Chol kicks more goals. He’s just not going to cover the ground like some players do. Most talls aren’t a Jeremy Cameron. Chol is high impact burst player, for good and for bad. His defensive efforts are on par with Casboult too.

Pros of Chol: Athletic, great at ground level, reads the ball well and finds space, decent field kick, hard to play against, can kick goals in play, good side step, left footer to work with someone like King. He can do nothing all game then kick 3 in a quarter…

Cons of Chol: not a distance runner, gets gassed easily, not defensively minded, doesn’t mark the ball as often as required, is inconsistent, can do nothing all game until he kicks 3 in a quarter…

For me, the pros outweigh and I personally think he is judged more harshly than any of our talls for similar output. Would have loved to see King and Chol together as a tall, mobile forward line; maybe we never really will :(
Just looking at highlights of Jed Walter, there is no reason why Chol will play next year unless through injury.

Sent from my SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's in Dimma's hands :p Is he in 80% circle or out?

Keeping a lid on walter expectations but he is a lot more physically advanced than most talls coming into their first year. Helps he doesn't have to be the no.1 target. I could see him starting in the reserves but quickly being a part of the afl team.

as much as i've enjoyed casboult's last couple years, i would like to see him take a step back and play less games next season. we seem to rely on kicking long to him and hoping he clunks it (more often than not), but in reality in the coming years if we're to push for finals we might have already retired.

if we are to get games into our younger players who will be around for those years, we need to find a consistent avenue forward without the reliance on levi. having said that, i'd love for chol to stick around. chol, king, luko, walter would be great to have as our core group of key forwards for the next few years, i think we should consider this when planning our gameday teams to ensure our gameplan is able to cater to their strengths.

A big jump to play AFL against mature bodies. I think Jed will get games but personally, I would temper expectations in his first year as a tall.
I'm definitely not expecting him to kick 80 goals and win the coleman.

I'm talking more about his efforts at ground level and his tackling pressure.
He's almost the exact opposite of Chol in that sense.
If Walter can bring that same pressure he should in the championships there is no reason to play Chol anymore.

I guess all this depends on Dimma and the style he wants to play. I can’t imagine his plan A,B, and C will be kick long to Levi at all costs, so I think Levi goes back to being back-up like he came up here to do. And despite Chol’s laziness, he is a good kick inside 50 and would be much better suited to a fast gameplan where he can turn and go.

I would like to see Chol, King and Luko rotate through full-forward/CHF to get Ben up the ground and more involved and give our forward line different setups throughout the game, but that relies on Chol not being a complete defensive liability or giving up when it doesn’t go his way, and convincing Dimma he deserves a spot in the 22.

as much as i've enjoyed casboult's last couple years, i would like to see him take a step back and play less games next season. we seem to rely on kicking long to him and hoping he clunks it (more often than not), but in reality in the coming years if we're to push for finals we might have already retired.

if we are to get games into our younger players who will be around for those years, we need to find a consistent avenue forward without the reliance on levi. having said that, i'd love for chol to stick around. chol, king, luko, walter would be great to have as our core group of key forwards for the next few years, i think we should consider this when planning our gameday teams to ensure our gameplan is able to cater to their strengths.
The problem is that's too many and that's if they don't have Read as a fwd/ruck. My guess is chol can see the writing on the wall and will seek guaranteed game time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back