AFL 2024 Brownlow Medal

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you watch footy in 2024 or are you stuck in 2021?

Oliver is dealing with off field issues, had zero pre season, clearly unfit and is carrying a hand injury. He is currently not the same player as he was when a Brownlow threat - hence why he is $34 to win the medal. Do you really think a fully fit Clarry would be $34 to win the medal?

Sam Walsh has a cooked back and has yet to literally play a game this season. Do you think a fully fit Sam Walsh would be paying $51 to win the medal? He literally opened equal second favourite with Bont at $10 to win it all at the start of the season before his back flared up again.

How can you say these two are the same players they were when they were genuine Brownlow threats as opposed to fully fit/young and improving goal kicking mids Gulden and Warner?

What you think about Gulden and Warner simply does not matter because you are blinded by the fact you got Heeney at a big price and desperately trying to convince yourself he’s home in Round 5 and it’s useless to bet on anyone else which is bizarre to me. If that’s the case we should now close this thread as according to the all knowing Jugada Heeney is home.
Wasn't Nick daicos home last year after round 5
Mmmm

Do you watch footy in 2024 or are you stuck in 2021?

Oliver is dealing with off field issues, had zero pre season, clearly unfit and is carrying a hand injury. He is currently not the same player as he was when a Brownlow threat - hence why he is $34 to win the medal. Do you really think a fully fit Clarry would be $34 to win the medal?

Sam Walsh has a cooked back and has yet to literally play a game this season. Do you think a fully fit Sam Walsh would be paying $51 to win the medal? He literally opened equal second favourite with Bont at $10 to win it all at the start of the season before his back flared up again.

How can you say these two are the same players they were when they were genuine Brownlow threats as opposed to fully fit/young and improving goal kicking mids Gulden and Warner?

What you think about Gulden and Warner simply does not matter because you are blinded by the fact you got Heeney at a big price and desperately trying to convince yourself he’s home in Round 5 and it’s useless to bet on anyone else which is bizarre to me. If that’s the case we should now close this thread as according to the all knowing Jugada Heeney is home.

Lol if we are just going to quote odds from 5 rounds in as a form of metric then you are splitting hairs to neg a 30-1 chance while pumping up a 20-1 chance.

Walsh is 50-1 because he hasn't played a game yet and is playing catch up. That doesn't take away from his future polling ability when he comes back in soon.

I haven't got a cent on anyone. I'm just bored and enjoy replying to rubbish takes about superstars of the competition

Lol if we are just going to quote odds from 5 rounds in as a form of metric then you are splitting hairs to neg a 30-1 chance while pumping up a 20-1 chance.

Walsh is 50-1 because he hasn't played a game yet and is playing catch up. That doesn't take away from his future polling ability when he comes back in soon.

I haven't got a cent on anyone. I'm just bored and enjoy replying to rubbish takes about superstars of the competition

Best you just leave this thread then as you are not contributing any valuable input to it. You're arguing about semantics when all I stated initially was players who have been around the mark for years (Bont, Trac, Crippa etc) are great value as opposed to getting on a $6 first year break out favourite in Round 5. Go leech somewhere else.

I think everyone has a valid point if we take the emotions out of it. Yes there’s no value in Heeney really atm (into $5.50 now on SB) and definitely value in the likes of Bont, Cripps, Trac etc. But I stand by the fact you can’t say Heeney has teammates stealing votes off him then in the same breath say get on Trac (Gawn, Viney all take votes, yes Clarry is injured but is a proven poller and was arguably BOG in round 1)
Sam Walsh is back now and polls very well. I mentioned Libba polling well last year which apparently meant nothing cos he’s old? Again he was BoG last week and I think people/umps are realising how good he actually is.

Rozee/Butters/JHF competing with themselves

Tom Green could be looking like the stand alone vote getter all year for the Giants

One thing I won’t cop though is Warner being called a superstar. Spare me. Gulden on the verge of superstar I’ll take that

In conclusion Heeney Brownlow 2024 🔒

everyone has a valid point except literally everything I disagree with.
good stuff

No you clown, I said I agree I wouldn’t touch Heeney at $5.50 and now’s there’s better value in others. I also said you can’t say Heeney has too many vote stealers but the other players don’t. How is that not saying everyone has made valid points?

Sorry a little off topic but any interest in Gawn at $101 (tab)?

I know he and rucks in general have historically underpolled but he’s putting up career numbers and currently equal 3rd in coaches votes.

The betfair predictor which I’ve seen mentioned on here before has him currently 6th and 2.5 votes behind.

Also has a softish ruck draw after his bye with Richmond, Geelong, Carlton, West Coast next.

I know he is a $101 long shot for a reason but feels like his odds should be much shorter.

Looking back to 2020, his best polling season, he had 13 votes in 14 games which even at that run rate probably wouldn’t get the job done but if they start giving rucks votes maybe he’d be a shot at bucking the trend.

Might just be the inner degen in me staring at that $101 odds, when he’s $51 at most other books 🤔

Last edited:

I know he and rucks in general have historically underpolled but he’s putting up career numbers and currently equal 3rd in coaches votes.

The betfair predictor which I’ve seen mentioned on here before has him currently 6th and 2.5 votes behind.

Also has a softish ruck draw after his bye with Richmond, Geelong, Carlton, West Coast next.

I know he is a $101 long shot for a reason but feels like his odds should be much shorter.

Looking back to 2020, his best polling season, he had 13 votes in 14 games which even at that run rate probably wouldn’t get the job done but if they start giving rucks votes maybe he’d be a shot at bucking the trend.

Might just be the inner degen in me staring at that $101 odds, when he’s $51 at most other books 🤔
Would be nothing more than a chance to lay it later. He's not actually winning it, or getting that close but if he strings a month of good footy together you'll be able to arb off from 101/1

Would be nothing more than a chance to lay it later. He's not actually winning it, or getting that close but if he strings a month of good footy together you'll be able to arb off from 101/1
Thought that might be the case and presumably it would take a string of really outstanding games (and a fair bit of media attention) for him to come into the top bracket of contenders, to making laying profitable.

Personally, I think his next month could be huge. Can see him going 20+ touches + 50+ hitouts with that run of games. Probably just needs to hit the scoreboard a bit more and if Oliver stays quiet, could just be him, Petracca and Viney fighting for votes most weeks.

Has come into $51 on the tab overnight so now in line with the rest of the market. I ended up having a nibble as more of an interest bet than anything else and have mentally written it off in my mind lol.

It would be nice if ruckmen and forwards (Jezza for example) were at least in the conversation come brownlow night, if they have big years in winning teams.

Last edited:

It's actually the correct topic..

Is that a possible 2 or 3 votes for Maxy? Wasn’t watching but put up huge numbers.

23 disposals (16 contested)
10 marks (4 contested)
1 goal

Based purely off numbers, don’t think Petracca, Oliver or Viney should poll. Lever looked like he had a big night too with 26 and 15 intercept possessions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is that a possible 2 or 3 votes for Maxy? Wasn’t watching but put up huge numbers.

23 disposals (16 contested)
10 marks (4 contested)
1 goal

Based purely off numbers, don’t think Petracca, Oliver or Viney should poll. Lever looked like he had a big night too with 26 and 15 intercept possessions.

Gawn could easily be on 15 by now

Where have you got him getting votes? 2 or 3 against the Bulldogs and Port, and then 1 if he is very lucky against Brisbane prior to last night?
yeah these ones, is a chance vs Crows too.
unlike previous years their mids aren't all dominating games at the same time.
He is unlikely to win it as doubt he can sustain this level of play plus Viney, Oliver and Trac should all get better but he is over 7 votes at the moment

Betfair have him on 7 before last night (Heeney 10.5, Cripps 8.5, Rozee/Green 8) and polling as below:

Rd 0- 0 votes vs SYD
Rd 1- 3 votes vs WBD
Rd 2- 0.5 votes vs HAW
Rd 3- 2.5 votes vs PTA
Rd 4- 0 votes v ADE
Rd 5- 1 vote vs BRL

Seems plausible plus whatever he polled last night. I’m told he won the medal which is positive.

Merrett into $11 and 4th fave

team america vomit GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back