Trades 2024 Fantasy Round 11 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Kinda wild that a guy in my league who fell behind by missing a few weeks and held Fisher & Sexton during their hiatuses, is now storming back up the ladder and has the highest score 2 weeks running, and I'm sitting here trying to figure out how I can get them both back in. And I'm against him this week... 🤦🏼‍♂️
So skill is not everything :tearsofjoy:

Riding Fisher/Sexton's tons:

Happy Monday Night Raw GIF by WWE

When they collapse:

backing up homer simpson GIF

Libba has been given the all clear so that will hurt all the Ed Richards coaches.
No way Ed gets moved, he’s added a spark in that midfield and revived their season. And anyway Libba’s not back for another three weeks

If anything it probably affects Bont, he’ll spend more time forward and have less CBAs and you’ll have Libba, Treloar and Richards running as the main three

Yeah think it's Caldwell v Fisher for me. Fisher probably suits Bye structure a touch more, and is cheaper, but just not sure I can bring myself to do it!
I hearya, Fisher was such a grub of a player at Carlton, scrubby, got caught a lot, poor kick, go to ground..... Now we talk / think he is some sort of renaissance player .......

I’ve basically narrowed down my second trade to three different scenarios

Grundy to RoMa (pretty much finishes the rucks and helps with loops as both Grundy and English play on Thu)

Clohesy to Day (gets a rookie off field, although my hand may be forced if Dimma rests him this week )

a FWD to Caldwell

After thinking about these a bit more, I’m leaning towards the third one, the risk with Caldwell is that he goes back to his 70s scores and you’ve just swapped a similar scoring guy for no reason. He has to be guaranteed that bulk CBA time to be considered for me. when he hasn’t had a lot of CBAs he’s hovered around the 60-80 mark.

With Clohesy to Day you’re getting a clear upgrade to a guy who capable of tonning up, and it avoids another holding too long Roberts situation……

Rankine to Sexton, McKercher to Wanganeen-Milera. Would have preferred something that doesn't feel as "sideways", but injuries forced my hand and it's a pro bye-structure move for me.

i watched there game the other day and he honestly was pretty composed/kicking was good.
I know, same, yet he was that bad.

Edit for understanding Shaunn - That should read ...."yet he used to be that bad"

Last edited:
View attachment 1995092
54k in the bank.

Not sure what my best move for the week is. The rookie dead weight is piling up with Garcia, Jones, Z.Reid and Simpson.

I want to target Powell to Rozee next week on the R12 bye.
Then probably target Sharp to Whitfield coming off the bye.

Could do Garcia to Freijah and Howes to Sexton (bye neutral move). H.Reid and Dempsey were on the chopping block last week, but I think I can probably hold them through to their byes now.
I'm in a similar position as you ......except Darcy Jones was my F6 after H.Garcia was dropped

I'm 3K short of going Garcia to Richards ....and Howes to Sexton

Instead, until teams announced ...I've gone Howes to Hamill (good JS) and Garcia to Sexton

I think you could do similar ....and stick someone like Powell in the midfield

IMO Hamill played his best game for the club last week, has a great few games coming up .....and has the R15 Bye

I know, same, yet he was that bad.
Completely different game at half back. Field in front of you, always running one way, often running against traffic. He has looked a completely different player at half back and looked the same when he played two or three games there for the Blues last year.

Completely different game at half back. Field in front of you, always running one way, often running against traffic. He has looked a completely different player at half back and looked the same when he played two or three games there for the Blues last year.
TBH, if he didn't have the bye next week, I'd probably roll the dice on him. But I won't for two reasons:

1. Has Port this week,
2. It's in the South Pole, and when you look at his form, his best scores and best possessions are at Marvel, this includes last couple of years.

Yes, his role has changed markedly and I get people are happy to hang their hat on that, but he's never trekked that far south before. If it were at Marvel, I'd be all in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Libba has been given the all clear so that will hurt all the Ed Richards coaches.
Yeah brought Richards in this week. Libba still 2-3 weeks away. Dogs have won last two games with Richards in there and he's been borderline their best player last 2 weeks. Gallagher had 68% on the weekend so likely Libba takes those CBA's and they run with Bont, Treloar, Richards and Libba as main 4. Worst case if Richards is still half-back it's an easy switch to someone off their bye.

Gone through my bye structures and I have more players missing on field in the last two rounds than I do the first two. 7 missing in R14 and R15.

Gotta try and prioritise trading out those rookies and mid pricers at the back end of the byes. (Getting the extra trade during the byes will help too)

Last edited:
TBH, if he didn't have the bye next week, I'd probably roll the dice on him. But I won't for two reasons:

1. Has Port this week,
2. It's in the South Pole, and when you look at his form, his best scores and best possessions are at Marvel, this includes last couple of years.

Yes, his role has changed markedly and I get people are happy to hang their hat on that, but he's never trekked that far south before. If it were at Marvel, I'd be all in.
Yeah could be a good idea to get him after the bye.

Sexton and Crisp in this week.

Was going to go Fisher, but with the byes Crisp works better.

Crisp will be an easy upgrade to Rozee during his bye week.

View attachment 1995092
54k in the bank.

Not sure what my best move for the week is. The rookie dead weight is piling up with Garcia, Jones, Z.Reid and Simpson.

I want to target Powell to Rozee next week on the R12 bye.
Then probably target Sharp to Whitfield coming off the bye.

Could do Garcia to Freijah and Howes to Sexton (bye neutral move). H.Reid and Dempsey were on the chopping block last week, but I think I can probably hold them through to their byes now.
Can't believe you still have D'Ambrosio

After thinking about these a bit more, I’m leaning towards the third one, the risk with Caldwell is that he goes back to his 70s scores and you’ve just swapped a similar scoring guy for no reason. He has to be guaranteed that bulk CBA time to be considered for me. when he hasn’t had a lot of CBAs he’s hovered around the 60-80 mark.

With Clohesy to Day you’re getting a clear upgrade to a guy who capable of tonning up, and it avoids another holding too long Roberts situation……
Durham came off injured that game as well. If Durham misses (along with Parish), that's guaranteed more CBAs for Caldwell.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back