Trades 2024 Fantasy Round 9 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

After being possibly the most kissed Fantasy manager in all of Australia after Saturday night, ended up having a proper stinker on Sunday (Fyfe, Baker, Macrae, Graham, no Zorko/Dunkley/Serong/Brayshaw/Sharp) to slightly drop rank to 82nd overall with a 2101.

Thinking a pretty simple Campbell > rook, Yeo > Gulden this week, only want to bring in Top 6/8 players in their line from here forward if possible.

Leaves me with one Rnd 12 and Rnd 13 bye player in each of the MID, FWD and DEF lines. Still hoping to bring in three more premos over next three weeks, which would have me starting Rnd 12 with no rooks on field at the byes. Have Sharp, Reid, Clohesy, Graham, Wilson and Garcia to cull to achieve it.

Praying to the Fantasy gods for three weeks with no injuries/suspensions, Fyfe to play full games through the byes, Baker to start performing until I can trade him before his bye, and Powell to come good and prove to be a Top 6 forward 🤞

I like the bravery of the move. As mentioned above, if Sheezel goes on a poor run, you're well ahead of the rest of the comp. Sometimes you have to take a punt to make ground.

Only reason i'm not 100% on it is Peatling is a really obvious move. If we didn't have an option like that I'd also seriously consider trading Sheezel.

Won't Peatling be straight back out of the midfield once Cogs is back (ie this week)?

Thinking of bringing in Sinclair this week, match up is juicy. Then bringing in Serong next week, his break even is higher and I believe his matchup isn’t as juicy.
Thoughts?

I'm thinking the same thing.

Thinking of bringing in Sinclair this week, match up is juicy. Then bringing in Serong next week, his break even is higher and I believe his matchup isn’t as juicy.
Thoughts?
Thinking the same now.

If we're targeting top 6-8 in a line. Sinclair is surely that. And cheap with a low BE.

Serong is expensive and can be plucked next week (I may need to settle for Brayshaw depending on dollars).

Thinking the same now.

If we're targeting top 6-8 in a line. Sinclair is surely that. And cheap with a low BE.

Serong is expensive and can be plucked next week (I may need to settle for Brayshaw depending on dollars).
Was considering Sinc in this week too, but don't have Naicos yet so he's the priority in

Was considering Sinc in this week too, but don't have Naicos yet so he's the priority in
I'm able to get both due to injuries.

Defence complete: Sheez, Martin, Young, Whit, Sinc, Daicos.
Fwd 'complete' (or given up for now because every effort to improve it to date accomplishes nothing): Heen, Flanders, Macrae, Powell, Adams, Wilson.

The ****storm that is my midfield needs the love from here out until byes.

I'm thinking the same thing.
Thinking the same now.

Alright we on.
Let’s get it!

Also may have to settle with Brayshaw. Guess it will give us another week to look at him 🤞🏼

I also wanted Moore as I believe he will be a top 6 forward but waiting 2 weeks means I miss the port matchup (positive) but he will probably be over 800k (negative)

Gotta take these risks I guess

(Log in to remove this ad.)

still playing around with the following Yeo/Powell trade scenarios:
  1. Dale/Soligo
  2. Sinclair/Oliver
Option 2 sounds great, but question marks whether Sinclair/Oliver become top 8-10 in their respective lines. Not sure if Soligo becomes a top 8-10 mid, but he's value.
Dale definitely isn't a long term Top 6, so if you're worried about that - i think you have none vs half, maybe 3/4 liklihood of being top in their line. I'd go the second option personally.

I'm thinking the exact same way but trying to figure out if it is getting way too cute?

Sheezel (priced at 119) is at TIO against the Suns who will be smarting after that Brissy loss. If Sheezel drops a 74 type score playing full time mid his price goes on a huge downward spiral. His fixtures to the bye are also difficult (see below).

The fact he has the Rd12 bye also leans towards punting him now at top dollar. If a player is priced 20-25 points under his scoring ability, doesn't it also stand to reason if they are overpriced by that amount they are a trade out?

If he is now full time mid, I don't see him averaging more than 95. Worst case scenario is you grab him back in Rd13 for the same price (he would need to go avg 124 in the next three for that to happen).

The ballsy part is he is 100% owned by the top 1000, so it would be one of the all-time great fades if it came off and would allow you to put real dents in top ranked coaches if he only goes at say an 85avg over the next 3. If that were to eventuate they would also have the headache going into his bye of deciding whether to hold or not because at that rate he is no longer a season long keeper (and would have already dropped another $120k).

Punting him this week would allow me to grab both Daicos (priced at 101) and Parish (97) and pocket $85k for next week.

Only sticking point is I have Rozee to deal with. But if he only misses 1 week, then he has Hawthorn and North the next two and he'd be a real POD.

It's an interesting Monday musing at the very least...

View attachment 1981488

View attachment 1981477
I love fading Sheezel this week. Against Gold Coast up at TIO , even if he is in the backline and getting kick-ins, feel like with his changed role he is a risk to even get anything above 100 or so.

Last year against the Suns on that ground he scored 47.

I love fading Sheezel this week. Against Gold Coast up at TIO , even if he is in the backline and getting kick-ins, feel like with his changed role he is a risk to even get anything above 100 or so.

And that is the reason I'm cautious about bringing Kerch back in. A fifty would kill any cash gen.

And that is the reason I'm cautious about bringing Kerch back in. A fifty would kill any cash gen.
Sheezel had some of his lower scoring games last season against: Collingwood (82), Port Adelaide(81), Gold Coast (47 at TIO), Essendon ( 64 in 1 game), Melbourne (53 in 1 game). Do understand he has West Coast in that block of games. Maybe it might be worth trading him out not with the view of bringing him before Eagles (Rd 13) or even the Bulldogs (Rd 16)?

Yep North Fixtures are against : GC (at TIO), Essendon, Port Adelaide, WCE, Collingwood, Melbourne

Sheezel had some of his lower scoring games last season against: Collingwood (82), Port Adelaide(81), Gold Coast (47 at TIO), Essendon ( 64 in 1 game), Melbourne (53 in 1 game). Do understand he has West Coast in that block of games. Maybe it might be worth trading him out not with the view of bringing him before Eagles (Rd 13) or even the Bulldogs (Rd 16)?

Yep North Fixtures are against : GC (at TIO), Essendon, Port Adelaide, WCE, Collingwood, Melbourne
I reckon that might be getting a bit too tricky. All it would take is a couple of injuries or outs at the wrong time and you miss the chance to bring him back in.

I reckon that might be getting a bit too tricky. All it would take is a couple of injuries or outs at the wrong time and you miss the chance to bring him back in.
Yeah it’s an interesting tactic but definite luxury trade territory and I doubt there’s anyone out there that doesn’t have at least 2 pressing issues with expensive players to go with a bunch of rookies that need cashing in asap

You read wayyyyy too much into fixtures. I don't look into fixtures at all. I give it no credit. I look at the weather and that's it.

He copped a heavy tag in that game from memory

Yeah if you’re in position to luxury trade Sheeze, your team must in the running for the Hilux.

Cashing out and upgrading Rookies have to be the priority, and factoring in subs, injuries and restings it’s just too risky.

Plus Sheeze is nearly 68% owned, so if he goes low it’s pretty much irrelevant. If you trade in someone else and they go low, you’ve fallen away badly and you’ve wasted a trade for no reason

Remove this Banner Ad

Back