Player Watch #22: Josh Caddy - Retired

Remove this Banner Ad

suffice to say Caddy's problems aren't for public discussion
we'll be able to deduce more in coming weeks
if he's still on our list the club must believe the issues are sorted and he can recapture AFL level form in 2022

if he's at another club maybe the issue/s aren't fully resolved or have left a stain and a fresh start is required
I agree apart from the last line

There are no stains to be left within the club - he's required as far as they are concerned.

He may yet be traded - certain clubs are really asking the question - but he is far from unwanted

?????
Didn't pick him????
He played NINE games, albeit the last two as a medical sub in round 20 v Freo and round 19 v Geelong.
Played rounds one through four, then 11, 12, 13.
While I have no idea what his alleged issues were or what impact they had, but the fact is the guy went out there and got the ball 24 times in round 11.

My post was in response to another posting about him getting a paycheck while not playing. Therefore I explained that it wasn't always up to him.... and if he missed games by choice and there was a valid reason, that it isn't unheard of to get paid for not doing something (hence the sick-leave reference).

Cads has had a lot.off.issues off field - I won't go into what bit footy this year hasn't been a priority

Club knows, he's required but has interest elsewhere he may take up, again, for personal reasons
Unfortunately too many seem to think that players don't have issues away from the game that impact on their ability to perform as a professional sportsman. Unlike a lot of us though, who have little choice but to push through in tough times, they have the ability to take time away from their 'job' by not making themselves available but nobody is any the wiser as to why as they can simply be labelled as injured/managed to avoid scrutiny.

Having dealt with major issues myself over the last year, I am loathe to throw players under the bus nowadays as you don't always know what is happening behind the scenes. What ever happens I hope that Josh does what makes him happy in life both as a player but more importantly as a person.

There are no stains to be left within the club - he's required as far as they are concerned.

He may yet be traded - certain clubs are really asking the question - but he is far from unwanted

Like the stain he left behind at Geelong.
Certainly wore out his welcome down there and wore very thin on team-mates.

Like the stain he left behind at Geelong.
Certainly wore out his welcome down there and wore very thin on team-mates.
Ha ha ha - you got any references to back up that claim?

Yes but the selectors didn't pick him. Many people have sick leave that they access and get paid not to do their job....
They did pick him , so cut the bulldust out. He was available for 9 AFL games and he played VFL other times. So he didn't take sick leave.
Also anybody with half a brain could see he was done in 2020 where he only played 8 games. Two years of sick leave? lolololol

Last edited:

in the interests of a brief post and personally not having any inside intel from the club
the last line only listed one reason for leaving , the others being , of course, and not limited to - a great offer from another club, salary cap pressures , competition for spots , on going injuries ...

They did pick him , so cut the bulldust out. He was available for 9 AFL games and he played VFL other times. So he didn't take sick leave.
Also anybody with half a brain could see he was done in 2020 where he only played 8 games. Two years of sick leave? lolololol

Which is why these posts about how great he was in 2018 are so fanciful.
He was just ok in 2019, mediocre in 2020 and average in 2021 - an obvious downwards trend.
But some will continue to talk him up as something he's not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Loved him around goals. He was one of very few who took the shot when it was required. Most others "share" too much.
Had campaigner in him and was mostly great at set shots...and who could forget the first goal of GF2017?
Hard to find a spot for him now though, they're too quick to run off him and with STAND! he would be a headless chook in our F50.

Loved him around goals. He was one of very few who took the shot when it was required. Most others "share" too much.
Had campaigner in him and was mostly great at set shots...and who could forget the first goal of GF2017?
Hard to find a spot for him now though, they're too quick to run off him and with STAND! he would be a headless chook in our F50.

A headless chook lol ... we already have JC playing that role.

Lol, too much secret squirrel business going on in this thread.
I would love to give more information, but it's not my place to say on an online forum any real detail.
I just try to offer some insight to posters to stop rumours and innuendo becoming facts
I don't care either, it is what it is ... but seems he's pissed a few off at Tigerland too with his attitude, so it's likely history repeating itself.
Incorrect

Polled pretty well in the JD Medal...for a headless chook!
And contract extension. lol.
It's pure gold.

Yes, in a system that gives every player between 0 and 5 votes per game .. lol.
F*** me you're a bigger dill than I thought.
Equal 16th in a s**t year with 27 votes .... do the maths.
In 21 games, he polled 1.2 votes per game .. equates to a roughly 25% performance across the season.
1.2 out of 5 per game is an epic fail.

Yes, in a system that gives every player between 0 and 5 votes per game .. lol.
F*** me you're a bigger dill than I thought.
Equal 16th in a sh*t year with 27 votes .... do the maths.
In 21 games, he polled 1.2 votes per game .. equates to a roughly 25% performance across the season.
1.2 out of 5 per game is an epic fail.

Lighten up. 🤡

Well, it was the stupidest thing you've ever said .. among a list.
Had as much credibility as your stirring defence of Castagna after another stinker by saying he was good 'because he kicked a goal'.
One of 98 players for the round to kick one. But hey they all played well ;)

Keep going…on and on and on.

Last edited:
He aint going anywhere he has a contract till the end of 22. Only way out is if we pay him out or some fool team offers a trade and i really cannot see that happening.

He aint going anywhere he has a contract till the end of 22. Only way out is if we pay him out or some fool team offers a trade and i really cannot see that happening.
Don't think he will stay around and play reserves. His manager will shop him around and he might get a go at another club. Need his spot for new cubs, so reckon they will pay him out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back