Senior 23. Jacob Weitering

Remove this Banner Ad

Hope our next opponent has a Tom he can dominate, too.

Coming into his own now, with better positioning, confidence and body work. Suddenly his aerial gifts are there for all to see, and his footskills are on show too.

Absolutely looks the business and has frankly thrashed Lynch, McDonald and Hawkins - who are no mugs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's no doubt they take longer and I am a pretty big fan of SOS's work, but Weitering basically picked himself... I'm not rushing to pat him on the back for this one like it was a masterstroke.

Exactly - Weitering was the stand out player in his draft - and pretty much all other clubs would have picked him with the first pick had they had it. Jacob was always destined for greatness and fortunately we didn’t mess up his development as in the past and gave him time to learn the game without needing to take on the other teams top forward or two.

Where SOS may have been brilliant was taking McKay and Curnow when others were picked ahead of them - and also how he picked McKay ahead of Curnow in order to get both.

Where SOS could have been pure genius in hindsight would have been if he had chosen Dunkley over Cuningham in that same draft. But the first 3 picks were brilliant on their own.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back