#23: James “Jordan Jones” Jordon. Farewell.

Remove this Banner Ad

Is he the type that needs the ball fed out to him to put his best assets on show?

Goodwin said we really suffered from a lack of supply from stoppage. If Jordon is meant to be more outside then perhaps with Oliver, Viney, Brayshaw etc at the coalface instead of Harmes, Jordon might be able to shine a bit more.

I didn't really watch the game so feel free to say, nah mate, he just wasn't that good, but perhaps it was a really poor type of game for him to show much

Listening to Goodwin during a radio interview pregame, described JJ as extremely tough with a good mix of inside and outside. That's exactly what I saw yesterday, and exactly what we need. Got plenty of ball free in the corridor but also dug in when required.

Listening to Goodwin during a radio interview pregame, described JJ as extremely tough with a good mix of inside and outside. That's exactly what I saw yesterday, and exactly what we need. Got plenty of ball free in the corridor but also dug in when required.
Seems a good description. Solid all rounder without a stand out trait. A neat user and can find the footy.

Please don’t go full Jordan Gysberts.

can’t wait until 2030 when our starting midfield of Jackson, Jordon, sparrow and Pickett leads us to our tenth straight flag

The best thing about this scenario is that when it occurs we'll all be here whingeing about how our club has no foresight, our midfield are all old veterans coasting by on past successes.

"Where are the next 10 premierships coming from? Sure, Jordon has won 5 Brownlows and 3 Norm Smiths but is he really in our 2033 Premiership side?"

The best thing about this scenario is that when it occurs we'll all be here whingeing about how our club has no foresight, our midfield are all old veterans coasting by on past successes.

"Where are the next 10 premierships coming from? Sure, Jordon has won 5 Brownlows and 3 Norm Smiths but is he really in our 2033 Premiership side?"
Angus Brayshaw to be recruited as midfield coach to improve our ‘forward connection’

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not to the mention the first inductee of the ‘outside speed and class’ hall of fame

You could argue he actually invented the concept of outside speed and class at the MFC. I seem to recall that in the previous decade there was somewhat of an imbalance in our teams between inside and outside mids.

You could argue he actually invented the concept of outside speed and class at the MFC. I seem to recall that in the previous decade there was somewhat of an imbalance in our teams between inside and outside mids.
That was before 2021, when Brayshaw, Jordon, ANB and Gawn tied for first place in the Brownlow with 33 votes each

Remove this Banner Ad

Back