#23: James “Jordan Jones” Jordon. Farewell.

Remove this Banner Ad

Right but remember how we tried to get away from a team of inside players who just smash the ball? He just gets it and kicks it as far as he can every time he gets it.

The only good thing I've noticed about him is he seems to be able to kick 50 off one step.

Thatll come. It took a while for Clarry to start driving his legs out of contests and be more patient with ball in hand. Ill back JJ to follow the same trajectory, if not the same heights

There was a weird one where Petracca handballed to him and he immediately took a quick kick on the run. Not sure if he thought a defender was right on his arse but he probably could have run another ten metres and settled. Seems a bit panicky with the ball.

Not overly concerned think that's an experience issue more than anything else.
Either he’s stupid and lacks composure or it’s the instruction he’s getting from the coaches, because he seems to be playing his role either way

There was a weird one where Petracca handballed to him and he immediately took a quick kick on the run. Not sure if he thought a defender was right on his arse but he probably could have run another ten metres and settled. Seems a bit panicky with the ball.

Last quarter around half forward, I know the one you mean was bizzare. Probably needs a better clear call from Petracca aswell.
The defensive numbers are good, everyone's putting in to that part of the game.

Last quarter around half forward, I know the one you mean was bizzare. Probably needs a better clear call from Petracca aswell.
The defensive numbers are good, everyone's putting in to that part of the game.

Maybe Petracca said "you're hot!" and Jordon read it as: 'You are about to be tackled.' But what he really meant was: 'You are an attractive man.'

Yeah, I remember that one. They were hot on the HTB for most of the day and he wasn't at pace when he received it from memory so probably a bit of perceived pressure and decided it was better to get it moving forward. Was slippery at that point too so field position is a bit more important.

I'm not noticing his poor disposal enough for it to bug me, but I really only figured out who he was on the weekend. :tearsofjoy:

One bad game in a young career, time to turn on him
To be fair TK hasn't turned on him. He has stuck to his course all the way through.

I reckon he's doing fine for 9 games into his career. He's going to have down games and doesn't matter if he gets dropped now on then.

Don't see him ever becoming more than a b grader but every list needs them.

Looked like he needed a rest in all honesty.

I don't subscribe to the TK blowtorch on him, but he was horrible last night - first REAL down game of the year for him but he looked exhausted.

I want to like this guy, seems to be able to find the footy and tackles like crazy but I seem to remember him being billed as a classy ball user and a good decision maker. That was a lie, he butchers the football.

He reminds me of Jordie Mackenzie, can wrack up footy and tackle count at will but if he has to kick the ball you close your eyes in fear.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's a spot in our midfield for a selfless midfielder who runs hard both ways and who brings the tackling intensity every week.

Jordon has been pretty impressive in the role but I agree, he needs a rest. Rotate him with Sparrow until Viney is fully fit again (take no chances with his foot - Viney will play through any pain to get back on the field so be ultra cautious).

I think he has a future as a tagger/defensive mid who can kick goals - as although his kicking is a bit hit and miss early days he has shown he can kick a goal.

His defensive work is fantastic for a first year player. Clearly works hard and earns his spot at training. Loves kicking a goal too. Smothers, shepherds, does the 1%ers really well which earns the respect of his teammates. In fact all our young kids do those 1%ers really really well.

Makes a massive difference having elite senior players with great work ethic. Our young kids have players they respect and look up to playing alongside them, pushing them along. Means they just play a role instead of having to be matchwinners like Scully, Trengrove, Morton, Watts were expected to be. So Rivers, JJ, Dogga, Koz etc become better players quicker. It's bloody exciting..

That smother and handball to Trac on his ass for the second goal of the game was epic, don't know what it is but I didnt even notice this piece of play til watching the replay. Will Jimmy's good bits of play be forever stuck in a different dimension that I never see when watching a game live?

He's a decent player. We have just grown so much as a team that we can under-appreciate it. If he were doing this 8 years ago we'd be eyeing him as the next captain.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back