AFL Player #25: Jake Stringer - 200th game coming up against Richmond!

Remove this Banner Ad

Imagine how much more value he’ll bring when he goes from 70% league standard fitness to around 95% in 10 weeks time.

Much better efforts today..there is hope..lots of it.

If he's going to stay forward I'd love him to be a bit lighter and hopefully recapture his explosiveness. He's naturally bloody strong so I don't think he'd lose much.

If he's going to stay forward I'd love him to be a bit lighter and hopefully recapture his explosiveness. He's naturally bloody strong so I don't think he'd lose much.

Yeah ..I don’t know about lighter...just better endurance and improved cardio fitness would be good.

He’s a solid lad and it’s not like he’s got too much excess fat around the guts to worry about. I like the size he is. Forces opposition to put a decent size backman on him and if the don’t ...win for us so he can out body a lighter defender.

It’s just obvious he starts puffing and blowing after a few minutes of intense contest work and needs another good 6 weeks of training to get stronger in the lungs.

Once he starts building his confidence in the mind and really clunk every mark above his head, we’ll see more set shots close in.

Hopefully.

What did we pay for this guy again? 2 second rounders? :D

Incredible isn’t it. He didn’t even play that well today but his quality shone through.

Today was the perfect mix - he has undoubted ability to really muscle a contest in busy traffic. So it’s fine to put him in a few centre bounces and stoppages. But other than that he stays near the sticks where he belongs.

Incredible isn’t it. He didn’t even play that well today but his quality shone through.

Today was the perfect mix - he has undoubted ability to really muscle a contest in busy traffic. So it’s fine to put him in a few centre bounces and stoppages. But other than that he stays near the sticks where he belongs.

Yep like Daniher, Tippa and Fanta he is a forward but a little run on the ball can be used to get him in the game if he's struggling or as a positive impact if he's on fire.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

giphy.gif

If he can produce that level of effort every week he’ll be a great asset; won’t always get the goals but his strength to take on 2-3 players in close and leave space for a team mate is just as important.

As the Dogs supporters have said, there’s no query about how good his best is, it’s the consistency of effort.

Fingers crossed he shows up next week in front of the big crowd, great to see the fans get up for him today.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back