Delisted Aidan Riley

Remove this Banner Ad

Number: 27
Height: 183
Weight: 80
DOB: 13/12/1991
Club: Adelaide Crows

Link to AFL website article - http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-11-11/demons-sign-another-crow

Played 12 games at the Crows, but had some injury troubles (broken leg) in 2013. As we expect midfield spots to be competitive next season, let's hope he can prove a worthy addition (and that he has to earn a spot on the field).

MFC Profile

Demonwiki

Hope you don't mind my intrusion, just though, as Riley's probably a bit of an unknown to you guys, that I could give you a bit of an intro to the guy so as you know what to expect.

First of all, I doubt you'll find many Crows supporters with a bad thing to say about Aiden, we'd all be wishing him well and there's plenty who are disappointed that he's gone, he had already been promised a spot on our rookie list next year. Personally I'm glad he's been offer a shot elsewhere as I just don't think he'd get the opportunities he deserved at Adelaide with our glut of inside/clearance midfielders.

The guy is no doubt good enough to play AFL, he won't ever be a star, but I think he could prove extremely handy with Roos requirement for instant results. He can probably play 2 roles at AFL level, defensive half forward and inside midfielder. He would have to be one of the toughest players in the AFL, he will never take a backwards step and everything he will do is at 100% intensity. He's not the tallest of midfielders, but is certainly strong, especially through the core/hips, whilst also having a bit of toe about him. Doesn't mind taking the tackler on a bit either, plus is a strong tackler himself, I'm sure you've all watched him cannon into Brad Ottens.

I'd describe his kicking as "neat", he generally hits his targets, but the impact factor is minimal, he's not going to create much play on the outside. What he will do is bust his gut around the clearances and fight for the footy, he's a real competitor who won't allow the ball out of his area easily.

What can he provide the MFC? He probably won't be a 10 year player, but what he can provide is a bigger bodied midfielder/small forward who can perhaps take the pressure off some of your younger, more talented players to immediately step up and perform like seasoned veterans.

Anyway, hope he works out well for you and the same with Bernard, I hope he can recapture his 09 form, because at his best he is a pleasure to watch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back