Retired #31: Dustin Fletcher - Legend & VFL Assistant Coach

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol.. someone tag the posts from 2004 when we all had him in his 'last years'... :$

What a servant of the club.. you are a true Legend Fletch.. kudos to you!

I remember Kepler Bradley was going to be his replacement
Yep.. and then Pears.. and then Hooker and maybe Carlisle..

And I think I missed someone in between??

I know that we have been recruiting for Fletchers 'replacement' for 12+ years...

I know we aren't allowed to say it..

But isn't it funny... Hird's position declared save and suddenly we have had a 'signing per day'..

Now just waiting for the official announcement on Winders and I think we are just about set for next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2 more seasons and move over Tucky!
Lol.. won't happen.. but I tell you it does make me appreciate Tucks effort even more.. and considering he played all those VFL games as well.. what a freak.

To be good enough to play AFL is hard enough.. to do it for 20+ years is phenomenal but 400 is near impossible in the modern climate.

When you think that it was Fletcher vs Silvagni and then Fletcher vs Scarlett.. both those men are a long time retired.. heck Sos has been out of the game 13 years...

Just 'blow your mind' type stuff.. Both men played a full career including AA, premierships, B+F's, Hall of Fame.. and then one has gone on to play a second career of almost the same length again..

Wow. Just Wow.

He even went out and got a young man's haircut to mark the occasion.

Nice one Fletch, you spiffy old man.

Bit of lemon juice though the feathers as well.

I say this with a staunch record of heterosexuality, but the man looks sensational for 39.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back