Player Watch #34: Jackson Archer

Remove this Banner Ad

Feels like a ridiculous statement to make about a 3 game second year player but we’ve really missed him this year.

I write this watching live at half time. This guy has a long long way to go as an AFL player. He is down back and I assume to lock down a small forward. Has no influence in help running the ball out of defense, and when we kick out is not considered a target at any time in the 13 times we did due to the Hawks inaccuracies. Does not have real pace and needs to put on some muscle to avoid being thrown around by the bigger bodies. His pressure acts are barely registering on the Speedo and 2 turn overs is not good enough at this level. Our List Management has stop handing out freebies to past players sons on their Dads reputation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i only saw a few glimpses of him on the weekend. at first i didnt like what i saw in his running gait. he looked to be favouring one leg to me. looked like a player who should not be out there. seconds later he went on a scintillating run through the middle of the ground. it was the best i have seen him move. also the most impressive offensive play ive seen from him.

dont think i saw him again after that.

not sure whats going on here.
i posted this a month ago.

i hope we know what we are doing with him. he moves well in the action, and i thought he played all right, but he walks and jogs with a significant limp.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back