#4 James Harmes – traded to Bulldogs. Thanks for 'that' kick. You know the one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roasting players doesn’t work anymore, not to say the occasional spray or good talking to doesn’t work. But imaging going to work everyday and at a moments notice your boss flys of the handle, after a couple times it wears thing and you stop listening.

Mmmm, but also imagine going to work and consistently ******* up your job without consequences...

Mmmm, but also imagine going to work and consistently ******* up your job without consequences...
Imagine? It’s called the public service

Almost feels like Goody is too scared to roast the players for fear of losing them.
No offence to anybody, but that’s kind of how it is with today’s under-30s - you can’t roast them, they feel so entitled that they’ll just say * you, prick, whatta you know?

(Put away your pitch forks, i know most of you are under 30!)

No offence to anybody, but that’s kind of how it is with today’s under-30s - you can’t roast them, they feel so entitled that they’ll just say **** you, prick, whatta you know?

(Put away your pitch forks, i know most of you are under 30!)

I'm 27 I run a hardscaping crew and you better believe I give the dumb campaigners who I work with both barrels if they make the same mistakes over an over. I just gotta remember to teach them after I'm done or else it's pointless. I find constant pats on the backs breeds a feeling of satisfaction in failure. There should be consequences for ******* up and you should be grown up enough to deal with them.

They don’t continually stuff up. Even if they did yelling at people achieves nothing. Anyone can rant and rave, educating people about their mistakes and making them better at their job is a skill.

The key to roasting someone under 30 is to make it educational. Don't be a Neeld and lose your rag whenever something goes wrong. At the same time, I can't imagine any of them have trouble looking Goodwin in the eye after yet another weak loss in the same way they'd have struggled to look at Daniher or Roos.

In our top 10 most important players now. Will be the heart and soul of the club for 10 years

They don’t continually stuff up. Even if they did yelling at people achieves nothing. Anyone can rant and rave, educating people about their mistakes and making them better at their job is a skill.

Yelling at people works just fine if you do it right. It's not about volume, it's about systematically breaking down that person's psyche until they can't focus on anything else except becoming the barely adequate drone you're desperately trying to shape them into. It's about calculatedly destroying their confidence and ego so they're incapable of going elsewhere and the only option open to them is to do whatever it takes to get off the end of the abuse.

In our top 10 most important players now. Will be the heart and soul of the club for 10 years
We were actually having a crack at this the other day, and came up with Viney, Hogan, Brayshaw, Oliver, Gawn, Lever, Hibberd, Melksham, Jetta, TMac in no particular order. Jones, Petracca next off the rack. Fritsch, Harmes, Salem, OMac following on.

We were actually having a crack at this the other day, and came up with Viney, Hogan, Brayshaw, Oliver, Gawn, Lever, Hibberd, Melksham, Jetta, TMac in no particular order. Jones, Petracca next off the rack. Fritsch, Harmes, Salem, OMac following on.
I think Trac has become pretty important culturally, even if he's not consistent on field. Same with Harmes. Guess it's much of a muchness really. It is cool that so much of that group will hit various games milestones together, though. Not saying we'll ever improve enough to win a flag, but it's a fun sentiment at least.

Yelling at people works just fine if you do it right. It's not about volume, it's about systematically breaking down that person's psyche until they can't focus on anything else except becoming the barely adequate drone you're desperately trying to shape them into. It's about calculatedly destroying their confidence and ego so they're incapable of going elsewhere and the only option open to them is to do whatever it takes to get off the end of the abuse.
Wow. That was...horrifying.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nope. I don’t think you should be allowed to talk to people on the outside

These individualistic thoughts you're having aren't doing anyone any good. Book yourself in for reprogramming.

Oh, MFC has that covered

Not happening soon enough for my liking. I'm sure we can speed up the process, some. For example, why are you posting rubbish on here when you could be getting a headstart on tomorrow's work? You'd feel better about it tomorrow knowing you're getting on top of things.

Not happening soon enough for my liking. I'm sure we can speed up the process, some. For example, why are you posting rubbish on here when you could be getting a headstart on tomorrow's work? You'd feel better about it tomorrow knowing you're getting on top of things.
I feel like you got confused there, you sort of flipped from workplace bully to something more positive and motivational? You need to improve or you will be replaced. You’re very replaceable.

I'm 27 I run a hardscaping crew and you better believe I give the dumb campaigners who I work with both barrels if they make the same mistakes over an over. I just gotta remember to teach them after I'm done or else it's pointless. I find constant pats on the backs breeds a feeling of satisfaction in failure. There should be consequences for ******* up and you should be grown up enough to deal with them.
For some reason I imagined you 14...

Back onto Harmesy, i'd say if Melksham is our best kick going inside 50, Harmes is our best kick from back of centre to 50-70m out, the last 6 weeks he has consistently lowered his eyes.

I feel like you got confused there, you sort of flipped from workplace bully to something more positive and motivational? You need to improve or you will be replaced. You’re very replaceable.

No, not at all. Bully, bully, bully, guide someone towards doing more work... my work. Do you want a job?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back