#4 James Harmes – traded to Bulldogs. Thanks for 'that' kick. You know the one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Where did this sheriff thing come from? Surely he's the General?
Over heard some blokes shouting it out at the bar and it beat the nickname of bags(funny story with that one..) so I ran with it.

I think Patton has the nickname the general sewed up unfortunately... General Harmes would have had a good ring to it.

Over heard some blokes shouting it out at the bar and it beat the nickname of bags(funny story with that one..) so I ran with it.

I think Patton has the nickname the general sewed up unfortunately... General Harmes would have had a good ring to it.

But General for Patton is so unimaginative though. Call him The Dog or Baldy or something.

His last 6 weeks have been better than Gus IMO. Petracca could be better than both but haven't seen it. Either way it's a scary potential midfield
You'd be spewing if you were an oppo list manager looking at our midfield group. Oliver, Brayshaw, Trac, and Viney is bad enough. Trac has underperformed, as has Tyson, and Viney is injured, but when we have blokes like Harmes putting in A grader form we can afford a few form slumps from others.

Curious - who do you send him to for other sides in the top 8? For mine:

Richmond: Edwards
West Coast: Shuey
Collingwood: Treloar
Hawthorn: O’Meara
Sydney: JPK
GWS: Kelly
Geelong: Dangerfield

A few random selections there but reckon he does his best run off work on those outside metres gained types. He’s too good to be playing as a hard inside tagged anyway

Credit to McCartney, sounds like he put a lot of eggs in the Harmesy basket and it has paid off big time. Essential we keep him long term to continue working on these guys. Harmes looks a different player to rd 1.

Is there an article or something about this?

I was really worried about his kicking earlier in the year and wrote pretty strongly about it a couple times. Either I went too early or he’s improved, but he’s looking like such a weapon over the last couple of months. Didn’t realise he was a mad dees man - cherry on top!

If he replicates his form of the last 4-6 weeks for all of next season then he will be the one getting his all australian selection.

Never thought he could be this good, thought he was just a role player at best or depth at worst. Damn glad to be proven wrong.

It's a big tick to the club and shows we are developing into a good side now. I think the more we improve as a team the more individual players development progresses - they feed of eachother. Whereas rewind to 4 years ago and you get the odd slow burn improvement like Jonesy, but the majority of players would stagnate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he replicates his form of the last 4-6 weeks for all of next season then he will be the one getting his all australian selection.

Never thought he could be this good, thought he was just a role player at best or depth at worst. Damn glad to be proven wrong.
If he's not knighted by the quarter-century I'm literally going to have an aneurysm.

He's given our midfield legspeed. He's my new favourite player. If you re did his draft and had him a top 5 pick no one would blink now.
From the 2013 draft? Probably needs a bigger body of work mate given Cripps, Merrett, Bont, Kelly, and Sicily are the first five that come to mind. Would definitely go in the first round though.

He broke Selwood. It was a beautiful thing to watch. As much as i don't like Selwood, he's Geelong's heart and soul, and he ripped their heart and soul out

He broke Selwood. It was a beautiful thing to watch. As much as i don't like Selwood, he's Geelong's heart and soul, and he ripped their heart and soul out

Selwood is such a barometer. He has singlehandedly dragged them over the line so many times. He was a liability last night because he couldn't handle what Harmes brought.

Anyone know when the Brownlow market for next year opens up? Could be some long odds on him, but if he plays like the last two months for a whole year then he will get some votes.

Anyone know when the Brownlow market for next year opens up? Could be some long odds on him, but if he plays like the last two months for a whole year then he will get some votes.
Umpires will be too focused on Brayshaw, Oliver, and Gawn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back