Senior 43. Ashton Moir

Remove this Banner Ad

If this kid could be put under someone like Ed Curnow or Weiters or Walsh’s support he could be the electric medium forward that we need.

Good luck Ashton …. this is your second chance (park 2023), get fit, impress the coaches and team mates with your attitude and let your skills do all the talking

Such an interesting selection this one. The up-side is massive. A rangy HFF who looks very good in the air and has silky skills. The perfect replacement for Jack Martin in 2-3 years.

Looking at his highlights he plays bigger than I would have thought and is a very good overhead mark.

Good height for a third tall at 187cm. Has a good vertical leap and his bio shows he finished fifth in the agility test at the national combine, which makes for great reading.

I really hope the club is patient with him and builds his body/endurance so he is AFL ready when he makes his debut.

Such an interesting selection this one. The up-side is massive. A rangy HFF who looks very good in the air and has silky skills. The perfect replacement for Jack Martin in 2-3 years.

Looking at his highlights he plays bigger than I would have thought and is a very good overhead mark.

Good height for a third tall at 187cm. Has a good vertical leap and his bio shows he finished fifth in the agility test at the national combine, which makes for great reading.

I really hope the club is patient with him and builds his body/endurance so he is AFL ready when he makes his debut.
reckon he'll play Rd 1.

reckon he'll play Rd 1.
Would be incredible if he played Round 1. In a way I hope you are right, because it would be so exciting.

We are playing a very tough, seasoned team in Brisbane in Round Zero so it would be a massive ask to debut. I reckon Voss and the MC will take in experience players for our first game. Martin and JSOS play the 3rd forward role and would be ahead of Ashton I would suggest.

I'm thinking we will take our time with him. From all reports he had injury issues last year and hasn't got the base level fitness required to play AFL.

I'm more than happy watching him develop his body/endurance in the VFL

On reflection of the last few games, I don’t see him playing in the AFL this year. Needs to get his tank up. I hope I’m wrong. Got some serious skill however

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back