Player Watch #45: Patrick Naish - Delisted

Remove this Banner Ad

Xavier is eligible this year in the draft and a mate of mine seen him play and said he was not much chop, I asked KM on the phatoms board after that and he also mentioned a rookie pick at best

“VFL equivalent of Jayden Short” is what I believe he called him.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Realistically we’ll bring in a ruckman for Nank and Vlastuin will come straight back in if he’s fit. Presumably for Ross.

I don’t know how we could drop anyone from that performance so I don’t know if Naish would be able to make his way into the side this week.

That’s without even considering Rioli for selection. He’ll almost definitely be in before Dreamtime the next week too, we won’t have him missing that game.

Watched him closely today. Big statement, we have so many young talented guys, my favourite is the Stackman, but Naish is right up there with any of them. Works and runs hard, skills are elite, has great footy nous, and keeps finding the pill. Has serious hurt factor, reckon it translates to 15-18 touches a week at senior level but he'd hurt with all of them. Not sure how he gets into the senior side this week, but he certainly deserves a game. Easily winning the seconds B&F, looking forward to this kids future. Oh and RCD is gonna be a nice player also. Future is most definitely bright.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watched him closely today. Big statement, we have so many young talented guys, my favourite is the Stackman, but Naish is right up there with any of them. Works and runs hard, skills are elite, has great footy nous, and keeps finding the pill. Has serious hurt factor, reckon it translates to 15-18 touches a week at senior level but he'd hurt with all of them. Not sure how he gets into the senior side this week, but he certainly deserves a game. Easily winning the seconds B&F, looking forward to this kids future. Oh and RCD is gonna be a nice player also. Future is most definitely bright.

Nice feedback Bobster. That goal on the highlights running the arc to just on 45 was a pearl. Looked like he had been doing since he was 5 years of age!

To people that have watched the VFL - higher hopes for Naish or RCD?

To people that have watched the VFL - higher hopes for Naish or RCD?

RCD first year. Naish second year. Both drafted knowing they were not ready made and would need significant development.

Naish coming along as expected. Should make a debut this year. Up against an exceptional backline so would need injuries and form to go his way.

RCD might get a game sooner purely because we need him. Our midfield depth is being tested.

Either way it’s exciting

RCD first year. Naish second year. Both drafted knowing they were not ready made and would need significant development.

Naish coming along as expected. Should make a debut this year. Up against an exceptional backline so would need injuries and form to go his way.

RCD might get a game sooner purely because we need him. Our midfield depth is being tested.

Either way it’s exciting

I'm hearing RCD will debut this week.... Not Naish.

Either way it’s exciting
I would say he has exceeded expectations by quite some margin for this stage of his career.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back