Free Agent # 6: Joe Daniher - derp Brisbane player

Remove this Banner Ad

The same Tom Mitchel who wasn't in your best 22...

I respectfully suggest you re-watch the 2016 Swans again - he was always best 22.

In any event, people can pontificate all they want - any potential deal will be done between Essendon and Sydney, and not on BigFooty. Sydney have a reputation for being fair traders (refer again to the Mitchell deal), and Essendon will need to have the same mindset in order to move past square 1.

We traded Tom Mitchell for pick 14 + a swap of 4th rounders.

On what planet do you think we would even conceivably offer more than pick 5 for a player of lesser value and higher risk?

My guess - picks 5 and 40 for Joe and your 2nd rounder.

Lol

I respectfully suggest you re-watch the 2016 Swans again - he was always best 22.

In any event, people can pontificate all they want - any potential deal will be done between Essendon and Sydney, and not on BigFooty. Sydney have a reputation for being fair traders (refer again to the Mitchell deal), and Essendon will need to have the same mindset in order to move past square 1.

We need to move past square one? Sydney are the ones who want a contracted player.....we don’t have to do s**t.

OMG please!
Walla, stringer, mckenna off half back, hooker going forward late and kicking goals, Francis, Saad running through the middle etc. - all bloody joyous
EFC is one of the most entertaining sides going around, improvement is needed elsewhere not in the entertaining/joyous area
Sorry, maybe I put that badly. Joe’s laconic manner and playing football for the joy of football, he’s going to hurt being gone. I get what you mean about the bombers being entertaining but there’s something else Joe brings that is unique. He’s been a breath of fresh air but maybe it’s just me.

And yet here you are telling us what sort of deal Essendon will have to accept..?

True or false...JD informed EFC that he was considering his options. EFC said sure, have some space, think about it...then ratted on him for meeting with Tom Harley in the hope of pressuring him to stay, but the treachery had the opposite effect.
Not sure.

True or false, club CEO meeting with injured contracted opposition player mid season to pitch a move to the club is a bit of a campaigner act, especially when you downplay it when caught out.

5 and their 2020 1st and we give our pick 31.

I understand the decision but still gutted.

Very a la Plugger.

He was being hounded by the media relentlessly and even in Ballarat the poor bloke couldn't get any peace and quiet and best thing he ever did was go to the Swans to get him and his family (especially his daughters) away from the spotlight.

Saints fans were hurting then and it hurts for us now but best wishes Joey Jo Jo!
Joe has been selling mutt greyhounds?

True or false...JD informed EFC that he was considering his options. EFC said sure, have some space, think about it...then ratted on him for meeting with Tom Harley in the hope of pressuring him to stay, but the treachery had the opposite effect.
tenor.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disappointed he wants to leave because he is a fantastic player when fit and switched on - albeit frustrating at times (flies every time and set shots can be wonky).

I hope we get overs if he leaves and Joe has a decent career.

If he stays for a year because no deal is done, then I hope he stays forever. However, never near the leadership group.

He has his reasons to move obviously, but I imagine he will never quite achieve as much football-related success off-field for the Swans as he would have at Essendon, e.g. Father/Son, massive favourite with the kids, leadership group etc.

Lastly, it will never happen but it would be great to hear what the playing group think - particularly Zerrett and Shiel.

Not sure.

True or false, club CEO meeting with injured contracted opposition player mid season to pitch a move to the club is a bit of a campaigner act, especially when you downplay it when caught out.

False.
The meeting was as explained by both JD and TH.
He only decided to leave when EFC threw him under a bus for a nothing meeting, a meeting which EFC knew was nothing.

From essendons view, we can wait 12 months and get at minimum a guaranteed first rounder from free agent compensation, and retain the services of a gun for another season while we court a replacement.

That is the amount of value sydneys offer has to exceed, otherwise there is no point trading.

From essendons view, we can wait 12 months and get at minimum a guaranteed first rounder from free agent compensation, and retain the services of a gun for another season while we court a replacement.

That is the amount of value sydneys offer has to exceed, otherwise there is no point trading.
Can’t we just match the offer next year and we all end up back at square one again? Or is he not that kind of free agent?

Eh, anybody who knows anything about physiotherapy can conclude that his groins are stuffed for the long term. Missing 2 years of professional sport whilst opting out of a surgery will ultimately weaken his body. The muscles in his groin have weakened to the point where he will be unable to do large amounts of exercise (especially a sport like AFL).

Hopefully we cant shaft Sydney at the trade and leave them with an overpaid injured player on their list.

Can’t we just match the offer next year and we all end up back at square one again? Or is he not that kind of free agent?
Good point. So there is a good chance that 2 first rounders would be the asking price next year too.
2 first rounders is a fair deal btw. There are not many players with this guys talent

Remove this Banner Ad

Back