Aaron Mullet!

Remove this Banner Ad

Would he got his chance if boomer was the side?
Given that he was being groomed all preseason in the role that he is now playing, yes.

Would he got his chance if boomer was the side?

Most probably Ozzy as he was ahead of Jacobs who also got a game rd 1.

Despite clearly lacking opportunities last year as he showed plenty, he is playing now and would have made little difference last year anyway so no damage done. Like Black, hopefully we are starting to take a risk or two and seeing the benefits of selecting players with upside.

If McKenzie can get a couple of games towards the end of this season I wouldn't be surprised if he takes a development route quite similar to Mullet's.

On SEN right now they're naming their mock Victorian state sides after round 5. Dermie picked Mullet at HBF and went on to explain why. Robbo and Walls agreed. Derm said "if you consider Grant Birchall the prototype HBFer in the game right now, I see Mullet as a younger version of him and I'd have no hesitation to select him on the back flank." Robbo went on "His form this year has been outstanding", amongst other things. Scotty Thompson was unanimously selected at FB as well, with Goldy discussed as a ruck option but not selected.

On SEN right now they're naming their mock Victorian state sides after round 5. Dermie picked Mullet at HBF and went on to explain why. Robbo and Walls agreed. Derm said "if you consider Grant Birchall the prototype HBFer in the game right now, I see Mullet as a younger version of him and I'd have no hesitation to select him on the back flank." Robbo went on "His form this year has been outstanding", amongst other things. Scotty Thompson was unanimously selected at FB as well, with Goldy discussed as a ruck option but not selected.

And Swallow?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now is the time we get games into players that will be the foundation of our 2016 n'over side. Serra is a perfect example this week, then McKenzie etc etc
If sierakowski is the foundation of any North side in the future we are in serious trouble. He is Atley-lite without the speed.

If sierakowski is the foundation of any North side in the future we are in serious trouble. He is Atley-lite without the speed.
Ok then what do you suggest?? He played his 1st game today, and at the age of 22 I believe he will make a decent backman in our clubs future. Get your video out and take a good look at Scotty Thompson's 1st 30 odd game playing for us.......If you cant see in those games where he played in the preseason (don't try to tell me preseason games dont count to a fringe players like Sierra) that he hasnt got decent skills , the right body shape and size to make up to be a decent player. Like all players they need game time into them and I for one want to see an inject of new players into the team whilst this group grows into our true premiership window in 2 years from now.

A
Fishys ground ball handling skills were ordinary today.

He was still serviceable in the end.
agree here. ....his body positioning in contests was ordinary. We got away with a couple of errors that Meade didn't capitalise on.. I thought the same with Atts, made a few howler efforts., like the 2 look away handballs that missed their target.

A
agree here. ....his body positioning in contests was ordinary. We got away with a couple of errors that Meade didn't capitalise on.. I thought the same with Atts, made a few howler efforts., like the 2 look away handballs that missed their target.

Number one defensive rule.

NEVER let a ground ball get behind you.

No worries with Fish though, he wasn't alone in having trouble handling the ball at ground level today. He'll be back to his best at Docklands next week.

Is Mullzy the one to beat for North Melbourne's most improved for 2013 so far or is Lindsay Thomas the only challenger?

What you've got is a great kicking motion.

He kicks the same way Pendles glides across the ground.

A modicum of beauty. *

* = my thoughts, no one elses.

We finished 10th because of a myriad of factors. A shattered small forward being left there to suffer all year was the tip of the iceberg. The problems ran a lot deeper. But I guess I was wrong - a glorious 10th would attest to the fact that they know better than I.

By the way, I've also said Harper should be dropped, and Wright should play forward. Oh, and look what happened already. Whoa.

At the moment, I'm feeling like the guy who wrote 'Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree' listening to 'Land Down Under' by Men at Work. If I didn't want the ultimate best for the club, I'd copyright my BigFooty ideas. But cos I'm selfless, I guess they can read my posts and implement accordingly. The only issue is they're a bit slow on the uptake - they need to be reading more frequently and getting on the front foot sooner. Sometimes it takes a couple months before I see my visions transferred to the field, and by then it's all too late.
Are you taking the piss or is your sense of your own importance really that inflated?

Ok then what do you suggest?? He played his 1st game today, and at the age of 22 I believe he will make a decent backman in our clubs future. Get your video out and take a good look at Scotty Thompson's 1st 30 odd game playing for us.......If you cant see in those games where he played in the preseason (don't try to tell me preseason games dont count to a fringe players like Sierra) that he hasnt got decent skills , the right body shape and size to make up to be a decent player. Like all players they need game time into them and I for one want to see an inject of new players into the team whilst this group grows into our true premiership window in 2 years from now.

he actually looked pretty big on the footage, i was surprised, i always thought he was smaller.

Are you taking the piss or is your sense of your own importance really that inflated?

I think I'm just a frustrated 'should have been' football coach. Instead of staring into an huge barrel of cash for my ideas, I stare into an empty KFC bucket week after week, as I watch my team fail to implement obvious ideas that I have thought of from my couch.

I think it's frustration in general though, I mean you don't have to be the most astute observer to realise that playing someone who is not very good at football all year because he 'will be good', can risk the very year itself that you are competing in.

But oh well, back to my zinger burger.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back