Brownlow Medallist
Suspended
Mar 3, 2002
Whincup's Garage
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg, MUFC, Triple 8
Huge article in today's Sunday Herald Sun on this gun of the future, he is looking forward to getting into AFL next year, looks like he is going to the Bulldogs at this stage, but he hasnt ruled out a return to Adelaide in the future;) It also said Port would have picked him up if they had of been able to do the deal with Carlton with Nick Stevens, lucky for the AFC it fell through or otherwise we would have never have seen this gun at the AFC:( Anyway goodluck to Adam and hopefully one day you will be playing in the Red,Blue and Gold Hoops;)

I also read an article in today's Sunday Mail which said that Cooney would've been in the car that crashed and killed 2 of his West Adelaide Under-17 team-mates last year had he not been sick and had to miss training that day...

He's a very lucky boy is Master Cooney.

Originally posted by dyertribe
I also read an article in today's Sunday Mail which said that Cooney would've been in the car that crashed and killed 2 of his West Adelaide Under-17 team-mates last year had he not been sick and had to miss training that day...

He's a very lucky boy is Master Cooney.
Yeah thats some spooky stuff. Apparently him and Ben Mitchell would always drive to training together but that day Cooney felt a bit ill and didn't go to training that day but the other boy (Knot) that was in the car with Mitchell apparently never travelled with them. That was his one and only ride:(

What an absolute tragedy that was:(

Sorry to bring this thread up again. :)

Serious question to all you non Port folks.
If Ebert was in this years draft, how would he fare compared to Cooney?
I have never seen Ebert play.

Originally posted by PAfolwr
Sorry to bring this thread up again. :)

Serious question to all you non Port folks.
If Ebert was in this years draft, how would he fare compared to Cooney?
I have never seen Ebert play.
If Ebert was eligible for this year's draft he would go top 5 easily and quite possibly at number one. I am a huge fan of Ebert. He is beautifully skilled and is by far the best overhead mark for his size I have ever seen. People carry on about Salopek (and rightly so) but IMHO Ebert is a better prospect.

Brett was an absolute steal with the father-son selection.

And Adelaide could also have picked him up under the father-son rule apparently...

Let's just hope he can't hack it at AFL standard.

Originally posted by Stiffy_18
If Ebert was eligible for this year's draft he would go top 5 easily and quite possibly at number one. I am a huge fan of Ebert. He is beautifully skilled and is by far the best overhead mark for his size I have ever seen. People carry on about Salopek (and rightly so) but IMHO Ebert is a better prospect.

Brett was an absolute steal with the father-son selection.
Thanks Stiffy.
From everything I have heard he would be picked ahead of Cooney, or at least on par.
Trouble is sometimes we tend to look at our players with starry eyes, thus it's good to get a second opinion from people that support other clubs.

Thanks Stiffy.
From everything I have heard he would be picked ahead of Cooney, or at least on par.
Trouble is sometimes we tend to look at our players with starry eyes, thus it's good to get a second opinion from people that support other clubs.
No worries mate.;)

I really rate the kid and his rate of improvement this years has been unbelievable. His second half of the season has been sensational. I was surprised he wasn't given a chance last year. He certainly deserved it.

A deadset gun.

That is a stupid thing to say.

Not at all. There's plenty of Crows players I'm sure you'd like to see not perfom. I'm sick of all this hype about Ebert, and I wouldn't mind if he doesn't hack it so Port's giant head gets deflated.

Originally posted by DaveW
How?

Apparently Adelaide have the same father-son rights as Port, because Port was meant to have no direct linkage to Port Adelaide Magpies in the SANFL (a big thing was made about them being separate, and Port players were spread among SANFL clubs).

So Adelaide could claim a father-son from the local league.

Otherwise how unfair would that be: Port gets to pick up Port faher-son players, but Adelaide has none whatsoever?

The Adelaide/Port father-son rule is based on the SANFL as a whole as far as I understand.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We couldn't get hi under the father son rule. Port Magpies are assigned to Power. I think Westies, Glenelg, South and WWT are assigned to us.
Yep, I thought so to. Except I'm pretty sure its Sturt, not WWT.

Eh? So Port gets only one team and Adelaide gets several? Again, seems a bit wonky.

I definitely read in the paper that Adelaide could also have claimed him. Did Russell Ebert play for any other SANFL clubs?

I'm pretty sure we got W-WT, along with Centrals, North, Port and Westies.

Originally posted by DaveW
Yep, I thought so to. Except I'm pretty sure its Sturt, not WWT.
I am almost certain that Port have 5 clubs assigned to them and we have 4 which is pathetic as they keep saying that the club that won all those premierships in SANFL is the one playing in the AFL today. In that case why are they assinged 4 other SANFL clubs??????

Where could we find which SANFL clubs are assigned to us?????? I tried sanfl.com.au but not much luck.

Originally posted by spindoctor
... There's plenty of Crows players I'm sure you'd like to see not perfom...
No there isn't.
I just hope that we win by playing well, not just because the other team plays badly or has injuries. Big difference.

... I'm sick of all this hype about Ebert, and I wouldn't mind if he doesn't hack it so Port's giant head gets deflated.
Bit of jealousy coming out there.
I think it's called tall poppy syndrome.

Eh? So Port gets only one team and Adelaide gets several? Again, seems a bit wonky.

No. They both have several.

Originally posted by Porthos
I'm pretty sure we got W-WT, along with Centrals, North, Port and Westies.
Thanks Porthos. :)

So we got Sturt, Glenelg, South and Norwood.

I remeber initially Glenelg were assigned to Port and there was a big outcry for the bay supporters and club itself and the decision was reversed and we got Glenelg but I am not sure who you got in return.

I am almost certain that Port have 5 clubs assigned to them and we have 4 which is pathetic as they keep saying that the club that won all those premierships in SANFL is the one playing in the AFL today. In that case why are they assinged 4 other SANFL clubs??????
I'm reckon its being done like that as a favor to the fathers who didn't play for Port Adelaide so that their sons have a chance of continuing an SA football legacy.

I'm reckon its being done like that as a favor to the fathers who didn't play for Port Adelaide so that their sons have a chance of continuing an SA football legacy.
I like. :D

ffuuuunnnnnyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
headshake.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back