Autopsy AFL 2016, Round 11 - What have you liked, learnt or hated?

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not sure who it was, i think Adam Papalia (?) doing commentary for the Swans/GC game.

Well blow me down. A commentator who just calls the f****** game!

No "Delicious", no "from the paint", no "boy oh boy big boy wowee bananananana the package", no "love how he goes about it". Just play by play.

If only they hadn't stuck Dunstall next to him, that would have been an absolute delight to listen to.

I'm not sure who it was, i think Adam Papalia (?) doing commentary for the Swans/GC game.

No "Delicious", no "from the paint", no "boy oh boy big boy wowee bananananana the package", no "love how he goes about it". Just play by play.

If only they hadn't stuck Dunstall next to him, that would have been an absolute delight to listen to.
Yup breath of fresh air.

I was thinking the same thing. He was great. Just calls what he's seeing. No self-promotion or reacharounds for the boys. Hope he gets more and more games.

Liked: GC vs Sydney. What a spectacle, you hardly ever see games played in conditions like that anymore so it was pretty fascinating to watch, especially as the game was relatively close for the first half. Metricon is a well built stadium as not only did the water drain well considering the deluge, but it didn't really turn into a complete mud-bath either

Learnt: Jake Stringer will do a GAJ if/when he gets a good tank and a run in the midfield. Watching him vs WCE and it seems like he can't be tackled, even without pushing off his man he just bursts out of tackles. Elite kicking disposal, potential future Brownlow winner.

Hated: Injuries. I'm no Tiger or Saints fan but seeing them lose players in big losses hurts from a football perspective.

Also hated Geelong's kicking for goal, or more so what is with teams playing against us and their accuracy? I don't have the stats but surely we would be setting a record for best accuracy against.. Last 4 games were combined 50.61 for and 57.22 against!

He'll fall into line in due time, there's no place for quality commentators in this league.

Learnt that Bont was the youngest captain in AFL to win a match

Liked the applause for Crowley.

Didn't like Essendon getting smashed so much (I would of been laughing a few months ago)

Liked how the Bonts become a contested ball beast to along with his outside skill and handball out of traffic when being tackled
Learnt that an honorable loss does exist (Giants were fantastic in Geelong)
Hated. Ryan Crowley going down injured against his former side. he deep down would have been devastated

(Log in to remove this ad.)

David King said something about how well the old timers like Bartel, Enright were on the weekend after bagging them last week saying they were too old.
Selwood responded by saying "Yeah they were good. They were too old though last week weren't they so make up your mind" and then walked off without shaking his hand.

Wow, sounds like Selwood is extremely thin skinned. What a flog!

Hated: A) As usual it's impossible to watch teams in those stupid, unnecessary 'white' away strips, The Saints, Eagles, Port all looked shithouse!
I have a look for a few minutes then switch off, i have no idea whose playing....there is no identity.
I like our white away strip but I get what you are saying, clubs with white in their offical colours should be the only ones using it.

Liked

The Div 1 Under 18 champs are underway
Resurgent Carlton
The Geelong vs. GWS game. GWS didn't give up without a fight and if it wasn't for larger lapses in concentration and play could have beat the Cats

Learnt

The return of Daniel Wells to North has been huge. Not just run and carry but classy disposal by foot, basically a new recruit and a big reason behind North's 10-1 start

Hated

Still arguing the ducking of the head rule. New debutant in Kade Stewart the latest in the gun
Potenital for LTI with Hugh Goddard

Really disgusted

Peel Dockers abandoning a WAFL game because they deemed a safe ground to be unsafe. The Colts game with Peel Thunder was played no worries but both Reserves and League matches were cancelled and points shared or game rescheduled. Peel take out the rescheduled League game at an alternate ground by 4 points....

Didnt really like too much about the weekend apart from the close game at Simmonds stadium

Hated: the Bulldogs inability to put the Eagles away on the scoreboard.

Can you win the flag from fourth can you? You need to be second.

Actually you can win the flag from 8th (or 9th if it's a year when the Bombers get banned from the finals! ;)).

I get what you're saying, but considering the Hawks finished the minor round in 3rd place last year and won the flag, your argument isn't really holding up.

I like our white away strip but I get what you are saying, clubs with white in their offical colours should be the only ones using it.
I just don't know who is playing, i can't identify with these teams while watching on TV. They all look the same and i don't understand why they allow the AFL to strip away their identity.

Actually you can win the flag from 8th (or 9th if it's a year when the Bombers get banned from the finals! ;)).

I get what you're saying, but considering the Hawks finished the minor round in 3rd place last year and won the flag, your argument isn't really holding up.
You aren't Hawthorn, so your argument isn't either ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back