Autopsy AFL 2017 - Round 4 - What have you liked, learnt or hated?

Remove this Banner Ad

Learnt - nothing
Liked - lots
Dislikes - FOX ******* BIASED COMMENTATORS. HEALY
ROOS
BRERETON
BROWN
LYNCH.
THEY ALL ARE SO ******* BIASED IT'S NOT FUNNY
Nick DalSanto can speak for 14 minutes without breathing, and without full stops. It's one loooooooong sentence.

Liked - Saints sending the cold pies home.

Learnt - Melbourne still can't win those games they just have to win.

Hated - Umpiring on Friday night

Liked: North, Hawthorn, Sydney all 0-4. Freo youth continue to surprise.

Learnt: WC happier to grind out wins this year, than blow off the park. Melbourne need their best 22 on the park, their kids aren't ready.

Hated: Perth umpiring conspiracy will continue for another week.
Its not a conspiracy................

;)
High pitched too. Sounds like my 12 year old niece.
It could well be part of a strategy to prepare us for female commentators. Though after hearing Daisy on the boundary, I am not sure the public is ready for intelligent articulate commentators that don't continually talk about themselves. ;)

Like: Parsons I don't care about the bump the kid looks like a promising young gun he deserves AFL Nab Rising Star

Dislike: Hawthorns kicking efficiency

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sam Menegola - his output is absolutely outstanding. Know he may miss a couple after the incident today, but having the same sort of impact Barlow had in his re-introduction to the professional level.

Learnt: Hawthorn are gone. Not "struggling", not "under-performing", but flat-out gone.

The number of times in the second half that they didn't take first option or have an easy shot at goal, made rookie mistakes, or were easily physically intimidated out of it, was staggering. They looked utterly devoid of confidence, structure, or ability stop the opposition's run.

Liked : Gaff, Crows, Suns (again), Dahlhaus, Port for 3 quarters, Greene, Jy Simpkin

Learnt : Lewis and Hogan's weak coward punches have cost the Dees
What off Gaff stood out to you? sure he probably had his best game for the season but imo he hasn't been that awesome since 2015 and probably a few games late last year. Im a fan of Gaff but to me is become a bit overrated.

What off Gaff stood out to you? sure he probably had his best game for the season but imo he hasn't been that awesome since 2015 and probably a few games late last year. Im a fan of Gaff but to me is become a bit overrated.
Averaging 33 possies a game in 2017. WC tough to beat when Gaff, Shuey and Priddis are all getting multiple possies and metres because it is hard to cover all of their forwards at the same time.

Liked - Crows winning games that they should win. Watching some good, tight game.
Learnt - Hawthorn are worse than I thought. Fremantle are better than I thought. The Bulldogs winning games whilst playing below their best may be what gets them a Top 4 spot (same with Geelong in R2 & 3).
Hated - Geelong knocking the Crows off top top. Thursday night footy not being on FTA.

Averaging 33 possies a game in 2017. WC tough to beat when Gaff, Shuey and Priddis are all getting multiple possies and metres because it is hard to cover all of their forwards at the same time.
Getting bulk possessions but impact apart from last game it hasn't been too good. Shuey on the other hand has done a lot more with less touches.

Liked: Gold Coast continuing their winning form from last week. They are a better side than turned up at Spotless and are overdue for things to go right.

Our Canberra crowd, I loved their involvement and passion and they (and me?) deserve a better Stadium.

Learnt: Port may play finals this year, but the Crows are the most intinidating SA side still.

Hated: Never good to see the end of a champion side and this week convinced me this Hawks side is done in terms if success. They've been probably the best side I've ever seen, but it's over. No doubt the club will rebuild and put good sides on the field again, but it wont be this year.

Liked - St Kilda knocking off Colingwood without our best midfielder and the emergence of some of our youngsters to play big roles in the win.

Learnt - Hawthorn are awful with or without Vickery, looks like they have a long rebuild ahead. The finals race is wide open with at least 12 teams a chance.

Hated - Our poor kicking for goal making winning harder that it should be, Melbourne costing me a tip by choking away the lead twice in the 2nd half.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back