Autopsy AFL 2020 ROUND 18 - Saints v GWS Fri September 18th 7:50pm AEST (Gabba) Match Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Saints by a goal or less

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Giants by a goal or less

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Saints by 7 - 20

Votes: 13 36.1%
  • Giants by 7 - 20

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Saints by a lot

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Giants by a lot

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Won’t matter unless the Giants beat them by 60.

If I did the numbers right, if you win 100-40 it'll bring your percentage to 106.5 and ours down to 104.6 on the same number of points. You'd then be in the 8 and need both Dogs to lose and Melbourne to either lose or win by a goal or less to stay in the 8.

It's a huge ask; mathematically possible but pretty unlikely. I'm curious to see whether your guys already mentally speaking have decided this is the hangover year from a legit premiership tilt and have one eye on Mad Monday from the bounce, or whether you'll fight it out to the end (or smash us, for the last ~5 years it's been hard to know which St Kilda will turn up).

If I did the numbers right, if you win 100-40 it'll bring your percentage to 106.5 and ours down to 104.6 on the same number of points. You'd then be in the 8 and need both Dogs to lose and Melbourne to either lose or win by a goal or less to stay in the 8.

It's a huge ask; mathematically possible but pretty unlikely. I'm curious to see whether your guys already mentally speaking have decided this is the hangover year from a legit premiership tilt and have one eye on Mad Monday from the bounce, or whether you'll fight it out to the end (or smash us, for the last ~5 years it's been hard to know which St Kilda will turn up).

Reckon we will probably play our best game having already written off this year and have no worries.

I don’t want the pies to Quarantine AGAIN for a week in Perth to play a final... sorry this is bs

So come on GWS

Theres a lot of stinky s**t going on at GWS-land - saints are a little less stinky at the moment - so Saints by a nose

Last edited:
I don’t want the pies to Quarantine AGAIN for a week in Perth to play a final... sorry this is bs

So come on GWS
I'm not up to speed on this. So if WCE get a home final first week - the away team has to quarantine?? If thats true wouldn't it have to be for 14 days? I dont understand the logistics of this and how/why the AFL thinks this is workable??

I'm not up to speed on this. So if WCE get a home final first week - the away team has to quarantine?? If thats true wouldn't it have to be for 14 days? I dont understand the logistics of this and how/why the AFL thinks this is workable??

It was recently changed to 7 days.

Oh and apparently also it's fine to "isolate" during those 7 days inside a stadium with 20k people in it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brereton just said GWS should offer Sam Draper $2.5m over 3 years.

Forget 'how is this man on TV', how does this man not get confused with breathing?

They should have offered given the Coniglio contract to Brodie Grundy.

Doubt it would have been accepted, but I hope they had a crack.

Rory Lobb would have been a handy retention to have made.

Back