Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 11 - Dogs v Swans Thu May 23rd 7:30pm AEST (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 19 20.9%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 33 36.3%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 7 7.7%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 25 27.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

We've been slow starters and strong finishers. The Bulldogs seem like a pretty fit team at the moment, so I could see this being an upset if they start well and we take a while to get going. I don't think we'll be able to run over the top of them in the same way we did Carlton.

We've been slow starters and strong finishers. The Bulldogs seem like a pretty fit team at the moment, so I could see this being an upset if they start well and we take a while to get going. I don't think we'll be able to run over the top of them in the same way we did Carlton.
We will likely start well but kick 2.7.

Grundy will likely bully English and your mids will feast.

We will likely start well but kick 2.7.

Grundy will likely bully English and your mids will feast.
Accuracy could be another important factor - good call there. We've been very accurate this year. To be fair, you guys have generally been very accurate at Marvel, other than the Essebdon game.

I do recall that Grundy has a history of towelling up English, which is a bit surprising. Grundy isn't the most physical ruck. Worth noting Grundy's generally started slowly (much like the rest of the team) this year and run over his opponent as they tire as the game goes on - I doubt that will be the case here, but he might generally get on top given he seems to like that match-up.

Accuracy could be another important factor - good call there. We've been very accurate this year. To be fair, you guys have generally been very accurate at Marvel, other than the Essebdon game.

I do recall that Grundy has a history of towelling up English, which is a bit surprising. Grundy isn't the most physical ruck. Worth noting Grundy's generally started slowly (much like the rest of the team) this year and run over his opponent as they tire as the game goes on - I doubt that will be the case here, but he might generally get on top given he seems to like that match-up.
English normally tries to run opposition rucks around as he's basically a midfielder in a ruck's body with an extra long neck.
Grundy can go with him around the ground so English has traditionally lost his only advantage when playing Grundy.

Swans were unforgiving last week. Hard to look past them.

I have a weird feeling this will be a Bevo- Special.

Doggo’s in an upset.

Grundy isn't the most physical ruck. Worth noting Grundy's generally started slowly (much like the rest of the team) this year and run over his opponent as they tire as the game goes on

A few years back I spoke with Tom Campbell (ruck at the time) who mentioned Grundy was built like a diesel engine and just never stopped going. A difficult style to counter as a ruck because he rarely could be worn down as the game went on, so it resonates with what you typed here.

Umpires (us) will win!
I'm glad some bulldogs supporters are owning that their flag was a gift. It's honestly very reassuring to see.

I don't think bulldogs will win this. They've already been handed their fairytale 8 years ago. No story in it anymore for the media. Nor incentive for the AFL. Focus is all on Essendon. So I'm inclined to think the game will be umpired fairly. Therefore, the swans should get the victory by about 10 goals.

I’m expecting us to dominate early and kick 1.9 from our first 30 entries, Swans will take the lead 3.0 and then win comfortably

I'm glad some bulldogs supporters are owning that their flag was a gift. It's honestly very reassuring to see.

I don't think bulldogs will win this. They've already been handed their fairytale 8 years ago. No story in it anymore for the media. Nor incentive for the AFL. Focus is all on Essendon. So I'm inclined to think the game will be umpired fairly. Therefore, the swans should get the victory by about 10 goals.
If You Say So Wow GIF by Identity

Cry Baby Swimming GIF by Travis

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Sydney wins it'll be cause they deserve it and if Dogs win it'll be cause of umpiring/Vic bias/injuries/thursday nights/mid week travel/one less day of rest/the full moon

Fish Fishing GIF by Archives of Ontario | Archives publiques de l'Ontario

It's interesting how bulldogs supporters have collectively resorted to this kind of reply to make themselves feel warm and cozy about their gifted premiership.

Anyone can just go back and watch the game and see for themselves.
You should watch it one more time just to make sure.

Prediction: swans fans to continue to whinge about the umpiring and continue their everlasting victim mentality from 2016

Also swans by 33

It's interesting how bulldogs supporters have collectively resorted to this kind of reply to make themselves feel warm and cozy about their gifted premiership.

Anyone can just go back and watch the game and see for themselves.
If it was a gifted premiership, it was gifted to us by your lot.
Ain’t gonna to win a flag when your entire team shit the bed for 4 quarters except for Kennedy.

Two things can be true at the same time. Dogs had an amazing finals run in 2016, played out of their skins and it was a great moment for their faithful to break the premiership drought. Umpiring in the grand final was terrible.

I'm in the vulnerable position as a fan that I don't fear any other team in the comp right now, so well have the Swannies been playing....but pride comes before the fall.

Hopefully the team doesn't drink their own bath water, applies that work ethic and the extra bit of class does the rest.

Swans by 24 points.

Two things can be true at the same time. Dogs had an amazing finals run in 2016, played out of their skins and it was a great moment for their faithful to break the premiership drought. Umpiring in the grand final was terrible.

I'm in the vulnerable position as a fan that I don't fear any other team in the comp right now, so well have the Swannies been playing....but pride comes before the fall.

Hopefully the team doesn't drink their own bath water, applies that work ethic and the extra bit of class does the rest.

Swans by 24 points.
So do you think the result would have been different if the umpiring was “better”?

So do you think the result would have been different if the umpiring was “better”?
Who knows? Any change in a decision completely changes the chain of events after it. I'm comfortable enough to say that the umpiring greatly advantaged one side. I'd like to think that I don't whinge about umps much. Teams should make their own luck but there was just a series of clangers and non-calls in that match that stood out like a sore thumb.

Back