Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 11 - Dogs v Swans Thu May 23rd 7:30pm AEST (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 19 20.9%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 33 36.3%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 7 7.7%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 25 27.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

If it was a gifted premiership, it was gifted to us by your lot.
Ain’t gonna to win a flag when your entire team s**t the bed for 4 quarters except for Kennedy.
Well I don’t buy in to the umpiring crap, but that’s rewriting history if ever I saw it.

There was two points in it with seven minutes to go. Enjoy your flag, but it’s utter BS that we shat the bed.

Who knows? Any change in a decision completely changes the chain of events after it. I'm comfortable enough to say that the umpiring greatly advantaged one side. I'd like to think that I don't whinge about umps much. Teams should make their own luck but there was just a series of clangers and non-calls in that match that stood out like a sore thumb.
Ain’t perspective a wonderful thing. Winners and losers often tend to see things differently.

I’m glad to see you don’t complain about umpire’s alot too because that’s exactly what you have just done. 🤷‍♂️

Ain’t perspective a wonderful thing. Winners and losers often tend to see things differently.

I’m glad to see you don’t complain about umpire’s alot too because that’s exactly what you have just done. 🤷‍♂️
Oh snap. You got me. Good for you.

The past is the past. Congrats on the premiership. Hopefully we bury you guys on Thursday night.

So do you think the result would have been different if the umpiring was “better”?
It’s widely (and officially) accepted that the umpiring was substandard.

Were the umpiring up to standard, it’s very possible the Dogs would have won regardless.

But yes, it’s without doubt if the umpiring was up to standard the game would have proceeded in a very different direction and yes, the result quite likely would have been different.

A team going nearly two and a half quarters without getting a single free kick is more than just a freakish statistical anomaly.

Well he’s in good company because the sport’s governing body complained about the umpiring.

Oh snap. You got me. Good for you.

The past is the past. Congrats on the premiership. Hopefully we bury you guys on Thursday night.
No snaps intended. I just feel the continual peddling of the umpire story is disrespectful to the Dogs who waited a lifetime for that moment and reflects poorly on swans fans as a whole.

Agreed I feel you will be a too good for us this week. You’re playing great footy.

It’s widely (and officially) accepted that the umpiring was substandard.

Were the umpiring up to standard, it’s very possible the Dogs would have won regardless.

But yes, it’s without doubt if the umpiring was up to standard the game would have proceeded in a very different direction and yes, the result quite likely would have been different.

A team going nearly two and a half quarters without getting a single free kick is more than just a freakish statistical anomaly.
whatever you need to tell yourself to sleep at night is ok by me.

No snaps intended. I just feel the continual peddling of the umpire story is disrespectful to the Dogs who waited a lifetime for that moment and reflects poorly on swans fans as a whole.

Agreed I feel you will be a too good for us this week. You’re playing great footy.
That's honestly not my intention. I know the Doggie fans waited a long time and I don't begrudge you at all. I know how awesome it was to break the drought in 2005. Your team played their guts out in that finals series. That doesn't mean I can't have an opinion about the GF umpiring which the AFL itself officially admitted was not up to scratch.

That's honestly not my intention. I know the Doggie fans waited a long time and I don't begrudge you at all. I know how awesome it was to break the drought in 2005. Your team played their guts out in that finals series. That doesn't mean I can't have an opinion about the GF umpiring which the AFL itself officially admitted was not up to scratch.
Do you not think that the continued complaining about umpires is lacking in grace and comes across as bitter.

i can see the dogs forwards kicking a huge score against our backline this week without mccartin and all the swans players having to trade up onto a better forward but also the same thing for the swans forwards on dogs' backline

midfield battle will be huge. if bont gets 30+ like last time we're probably stuffed but if he doesnt play out of his mind the dogs get outclassed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why do you care? Winners are grinners. Why would you let anything others say detract from your enjoyment of winning the flag?
I care because it’s fairly tiresome repeatedly reading Swans fans claim our one modern flag is not legitimate.

I don’t lose sleep over it but when I can be bothered I like to refute the line being pushed. 🤷‍♂️

I care because it’s fairly tiresome repeatedly reading Swans fans claim our one modern flag is not legitimate.

I don’t lose sleep over it but when I can be bothered I like to refute the line being pushed. 🤷‍♂️

Siberia has a lot of salt but I think the swans supporters have more. The 2016 premier was the Western Bulldogs and for all the salt in the world that is not going to change.

Should be a good midfield tussle. Got a feeling the Swans will get the better of our midfield but our talls will be to much for the Swans back line to handle.

Dogs by 4+ goals and Sam Darcy to have a big night out.

If there was any flag decided by an umpiring howler, it was 2005. Sampi was clearly held when Leo Barry "marked" the ball.

I'm glad some bulldogs supporters are owning that their flag was a gift. It's honestly very reassuring to see.

I don't think bulldogs will win this. They've already been handed their fairytale 8 years ago. No story in it anymore for the media. Nor incentive for the AFL. Focus is all on Essendon. So I'm inclined to think the game will be umpired fairly. Therefore, the swans should get the victory by about 10 goals.
Strong link between user name and post :rolleyes:

Back