Great_Unknown

Senior List
Sep 23, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Brisbane Lions
Southport Sharks 17.14 (116) d Zillmere Eagles 15.14 (104)

I feel gutted, yet exhilirated at the same time!
Ty Zantuck kicked 8 goals, Luke Weller dominated at CHF. Danny Dickfos and Matty Waters were inspirational out of the centre and the boys still fell short.

Hayden Kiel kicked the sealer, whilst Ben McAtee was solid as ever up forward for the Sharks. Should be a few of their players featuring in the draft.

Don't know the official number, but it looked like there was about 4,000 people there. Pretty good atmosphere considering the small crowd. Everyone seemed to be really involved.

I thought the Eagles would storm home with the wind in the last quarter, especially after kicking the first. Southport had the legs though. Young ruckman/forward Kurt Tippett was sensational in the ruck. Watts and Kiel had big last quarters.

Great standard of footy though. Queensland was the real winner today. It's getting better and better every year. No wonder there's gonna be so many draftees taken from this region. :thumbsu:

MightyFighting said:
How big was the crowd up there?

Impressive crowd considering that the day consisted of the Div 1 GF between Scumport and Zillmere (form the Northside of Brisbane) and the Div 2 GF was between Western Magpies (Brisbane team) and Noosa (200 odd km's away from Carrara)

The Scumport/Zillmere game was a great match. The Zillmere fans in fine voice creating a great atmosphere.

Zantuck was outstanding at FF considering he has missed so much footy lately, Danny Dickfos at age 36 was also sensational. I agree with Funkalicous that Tippett was very good and will definately be one of up to a dozen locals selected in the draft this year.

The AFLQ would be rapt with the rollup I would guess, a fine day weather wise and a great days entertainment.

it was at Carrara. the highlight for mine was the chap in the Eagles outfit getting pelted by beer cans in the third quarter, which set off a bit of a brawl behind the goals :)

lowlight was that the beer ran out before three quarter time.

good game tho, can be a bit difficult when you are a neutral supporter (hopefully Labrador might make it next year!!)

Funkalicous said:
Don't know the official number, but it looked like there was about 4,000 people there. Pretty good atmosphere considering the small crowd. Everyone seemed to be really involved.

I thought the Eagles would storm home with the wind in the last quarter, especially after kicking the first. Southport had the legs though. Young ruckman/forward Kurt Tippett was sensational in the ruck. Watts and Kiel had big last quarters.

Great standard of footy though. Queensland was the real winner today. It's getting better and better every year. No wonder there's gonna be so many draftees taken from this region. :thumbsu:

I agree regarding the talent in Queensland, it's one of those areas where a lot of great kids are coming from and even if some people down here in Victoria are saying the talent isn't there it definately is in my opinion.

Why don't they play the Grand Final the 'Gabba anymore?

Sportsman said:
I agree regarding the talent in Queensland, it's one of those areas where a lot of great kids are coming from and even if some people down here in Victoria are saying the talent isn't there it definately is in my opinion.

Why don't they play the Grand Final the 'Gabba anymore?

cuz they needed a change i think. Stupid people. The gabba was a once off last year cuz the rest had been played at cooparoo.

N how did Kapun Morris go anyone who went???

Thanks
Jae

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jae0011 said:
cuz they needed a change i think. Stupid people. The gabba was a once off last year cuz the rest had been played at cooparoo.

N how did Kapun Morris go anyone who went???

Thanks
Jae

So you didn't actually go - that explains the uninformed comments on another thread.

One of the best AFLQ GF's of all time - as I said Southport were able to shutdown the wind-assisted Eagles in the last and scored a couple of goals against the run of play to seal a great game from the late charging Eagles.

Morris is a dud! :D

Great_Unknown said:
Southport Sharks 17.14 (116) d Zillmere Eagles 15.14 (104)

I feel gutted, yet exhilirated at the same time!
Ty Zantuck kicked 8 goals, Luke Weller dominated at CHF. Danny Dickfos and Matty Waters were inspirational out of the centre and the boys still fell short.

Hayden Kiel kicked the sealer, whilst Ben McAtee was solid as ever up forward for the Sharks. Should be a few of their players featuring in the draft.
how the hell di zantuck do that, i remember the last time i saw him line up for goal. it was against port, essendon were still in the game, zantuck has it about 30 out 45 degree angle, kicks it way out on the full.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back