Fixture AFLW Fixture: Final three rounds revealed

Remove this Banner Ad

Nice work.

Cleo didn't play. I was incorrect when I said she played last week. She pulled on the Port jumper a few weeks back in what I assume was a practice match before the VFLW season kicked off. Hope she is doing ok.

I guess we have to remember that commentators have to start somewhere and we have to accept that they'll make a few errors or miss players. It's a tough gig at that level calling players and media like WARFRadio need to be supported. Peter Holden is pretty good and in time there will be some pretty decent commentators coming from WARF. Lucy Watkin is one to watch.

Sophie Locke certainly looks like one to watch. Looks like a player.
I must admit to being a Stahl fan though. Agree 100% about keeping her feet. Love the ball in her hands 35m from goal. Has a really good kicking technique and footy smart as we saw with that kick to Wakefield. I think confidence is the thing with Tayla.

All good, I've called games, so I know it is not as easy as it sounds. It's always a bit frustrating though when one side is called by the player's name and then other side is just referred to as the Burra player - they got better by the 4th qtr ;) Interstingly one of the callers said he one page of notes a while Lucy had 4 pages. Rule 101 - get the player's list by number - it's easier today with Mobile phones and screen shots - pen and paper in my day, though I feel like it was tablet, hammer & chisel sometimes!👴

MAR 10. 2021. 6:00 AM
AFLW Insight: The games that could shape the final six
Sarah Black

Round nine
If the Western Bulldogs are still in the hunt by the final week of the season, the team will be licking their lips at the prospect of Richmond, vastly improved but still a bottom-four tea

"Licking their lips..." Nice of Sarah Black (who is a Tiger) to provide Ferg and the girls with a bit of ammo for that last round.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back