Alan Didak for All Australian?

Remove this Banner Ad

As per the weekly segment on the CFC website, this week they focus on Alan Didak and the outstanding year Dids has had, especially since returning from a hamstring injury.

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/newsfeatures/news/newsarticle/tabid/5586/newsid/83485/default.aspx

After successfully overcoming a hamstring injury which forced him to miss five matches in the first half of the season (rounds five to nine), Alan Didak has played an instrumental role in Collingwood’s run of good form.

The 2006 All-Australian registered over 30 possessions for the first time in his career in Round 11 and hit a purple patch with five consecutive weeks collecting 30 plus touches.

Didak has enjoyed career high numbers in several key statistical categories including disposals per game (26.6) and disposal efficiency (75.3%).

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/newsfeatures/news/newsarticle/tabid/5586/newsid/83485/default.aspx

---------------------------------------------------------------------

The comparison they make in the article between Dids, Stevie J, Chapman and Lecras is interesting, and while I believe Lecras is a certainty for the AA team, Didak has to at least be considered as a rotating midfield/forward.

He has been outstanding since returning in round 10, and it's no coincidence that since he returned we have played sensationally well expect for one week.

I'd be dissapointed if Didak wasnt in the 40 man squad, but would understand if he missed out on the final 22.

He should definelty make the 40 man squad but will probably miss out on the 22 he missed way to many games to bad he didnt play the whole season!

Both Chapman and Stevie J for geelong are both in AA form just from the games they have played, but have also missed quite a few due to injury, similar to didak, so I would think he is a big chance.

Johnson has thrown in a stinker or two.

All Didak, Chapman and Johnson will be in the squad. I'd have Chapman in the the final side.

As the others have said, squad yes, AA no.

Also agree on the Chapster. Ridiculous freak of a player, and want no part of him in the finals. He is for Geelong what Aker was for Brisbane.

Lecras should be a certainty for mine, but as the fp. Chapman would be the other certainty on the flank. IMO the other flank spot is a flip of the coin between dids and Stevie J, both missed games and both have a similar amount of bad and good games. The thing that most likely tips it in Stevie J's favour is he has played as more as a hff then dids and I'm certain (without knowing the figures) that he would have kicked more goals.

Dids may get it, or may get onto the bench but I don't thinkwe can be upset if he misses. Will definately be in the squad though.

FWIW the remaining three spots in the forward line I'd have going to the power forwards Roo, Fev and Brown.

I firmly believe that the form you display at the end of the year counts for more than your early season form when it comes to All-Aust selection, if only because it will be fresher in the selector's minds. To this end Dids would be in a better situation than Steve Johnson, who has fizzled out in the last few rounds due to injury.

Personally I think he still might just miss out on the final 22.

He'll make the 40 but might just iss the final 22.

I have Dane Swan, Presti & Leon Davis as our AA reps'.

Others that I think will make the 40 are:

Heath Shaw
Nick Maxwell
Scott Pendlebury
Harry O'Brien

Of this bunch I think Harry O the best chance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back