All Finals Venues!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

OldFlanker

Debutant
Jan 19, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Division 1 Seniors and Reserves along with the Colts will be played at Springvale Districts FC - Newcomen Road Springvale.
Division 2 Seniors and Reserves along with the Thirds* will be played at Clayton FC - Haughton Road Clayton.
Division 3 Seniors and Reserves will be played at Heatherton FC - Ross Street Heatherton.

No Mordi??? And Finals at Heatherton?? Whats the world coming to?

Regarding Mordi not being used, think the local council may have been opposed to having the extra traffic on the ground coming into the cricket season. If divvy one was to be played there, it would have been six games on each of the first two weekends of the finals.

Also think the club wasn't overly keen on it, as the SFL has taken a hardline stance on trying to grab as much revenue as possible from the finals series.

It will be interesting how the grounds hold up, Springy 12 games in two weeks, Clayton 8 games in two weeks, Heatherton 8 games in two weeks and regular training.

I think Claytons surface will be awful come Grand Final day. It's not the best surface now but after the first two weekends it will rubbish.

Must admit having played at Clayton in Round 9 that I am surprised that there are any finals there this year.

The surface was terrible. Apparantly they had a bug go through half the ground and there was literally not a blade of grass at the clubroom end.

Lets hope its improved as it used to be one of the best surfaces in the comp.

I think what it shows is how difficult it is dealing with councils when it comes to finals footy. The league have done the best they can.

Must admit having played at Clayton in Round 9 that I am surprised that there are any finals there this year.

The surface was terrible. Apparantly they had a bug go through half the ground and there was literally not a blade of grass at the clubroom end.

Lets hope its improved as it used to be one of the best surfaces in the comp.

I think what it shows is how difficult it is dealing with councils when it comes to finals footy. The league have done the best they can.

What an insult for Division 2. We might as well play the finals at South Yarra. I was at Clayton a month ago and the ground was an absolute disgrace.

The councils have a lot to answer for.

What an insult for Division 2. We might as well play the finals at South Yarra. I was at Clayton a month ago and the ground was an absolute disgrace.

It's a shitful will suit the Yarra boys as they won the flag there last season.

I pity the poor Div 3 players that have to play at Heatherton for finals, especially seeing as the conditions for the "away" side don't seem to have improved any since I last played there. Imagine rocking up for a Grand Final and having to use a portable classroom for a changeroom. Surely there are better facilities available for use than these.

I pity the poor Div 3 players that have to play at Heatherton for finals, especially seeing as the conditions for the "away" side don't seem to have improved any since I last played there. Imagine rocking up for a Grand Final and having to use a portable classroom for a changeroom. Surely there are better facilities available for use than these.
Heatherton visitors rooms are not the worst I have seen. I understand that the Council are hooking up additional portables before the finals. At least the clubrooms are great and last I saw the ground it was in A1 condition.

Although the away rooms maybe in a portable at Heatherton they are quite big, carpeted- good for pre match stretches. The surface is much better than Clayton (Div 2 finals) and the social rooms are good to watch footy from and have a beer after the game. The SFL could do a lot worse in allocating finals venues especially with Mordy (not wanting them) and Cheltenham (hosting VAFA finals) not on the cards. Probably next best option!

Although the away rooms maybe in a portable at Heatherton they are quite big, carpeted- good for pre match stretches. The surface is much better than Clayton (Div 2 finals) and the social rooms are good to watch footy from and have a beer after the game. The SFL could do a lot worse in allocating finals venues especially with Mordy (not wanting them) and Cheltenham (hosting VAFA finals) not on the cards. Probably next best option!

Have to agree with young P-Dog about the away rooms at Heatherton, they might be a portable but they're actually pretty sizable, there's alot worse getting around and as for a shower afterwards, don't think it would bother me if i had a medallion around my neck!! The only problem i can think of is parking, but anyways..

As a side note I'd love to see finals back at the BearCave but i don't think the council is very keen on the idea:thumbsdown:

Have to agree with young P-Dog about the away rooms at Heatherton, they might be a portable but they're actually pretty sizable, there's alot worse getting around and as for a shower afterwards, don't think it would bother me if i had a medallion around my neck!! The only problem i can think of is parking, but anyways..

As a side note I'd love to see finals back at the BearCave but i don't think the council is very keen on the idea:thumbsdown:

Plenty of overload parking at Heatherton as the neighbouring properties get used for big games.

Heatherton visitors rooms are not the worst I have seen. I understand that the Council are hooking up additional portables before the finals. At least the clubrooms are great and last I saw the ground it was in A1 condition.
Ground looks great at the moment ,i dont care if i change in the paddocks so long as we win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A month ago the ground was average, that issue has been fixed and the ground is now nearly back to 90%.
There are no games for two weeks down there now so hopefully with a bit more rain it will come up a treat.
As far as saying what an insult to Divy 2 , i would have thought that would be obvious thats why its divvy 2. In saying that we will have to get used to beeing looked at like this next year but we dont plan on hanging around for too long.:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back