Sport All things CRICKET

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone else watch the T20 on tonight?

Incredible game of cricket. Australia winning on the final ball chasing 205! Warner & Maxwell highest ever T20I partnership for Australia.

1-1 in series heading to Cape Town for decider :thumbsu:

So so so so happy to see NZ smash India in their first WT20 match!

Ball spun so much not even Indians could play it well enough. Santner 4/11!

With the amount of spin over there my XI for Australia would be:

1. Finch
2. Watson
3. Khawaja
4. Smith
5. Warner
6. Maxwell
7. Faulkner
8. Nevill
9. Zampa
10. Agar
11. Hazlewood

Pace options: Hazlewood, Watson & Faulkner, Faulkner for the death too with those slower balls.

Spin options: Zampa, Agar/Boyce, Maxwell, even Smith.

This lineup is a very strong batting line-up while also giving us plenty of bowling options :thumbsu:

Personally going Agar > Boyce because of 2 reasons:
1. Agar is a much better batter than Boyce.
2. Agar bowls a different type of spin to Zampa, yes it spins the same way but just the action & how it comes out & how it is flighted is very different, think you can't have both Zampa & Boyce because they are very similar players.

Bring it on :cool:

So so so so happy to see NZ smash India in their first WT20 match!

Ball spun so much not even Indians could play it well enough. Santner 4/11!

Beautiful wasn't it, you'd think they'd be a bit less obvious with their cheating wouldn't you.

Hopefully it goes the same way as the Test series against England recently, ball was turning square on the first day of the first test which India won, then Dhoni came out and said he wanted even more turn for the next one.

Well he got it, only trouble for them was that Panasar and Swann routed them and England went on the win the series, which just confirms the old saying that cheats never prosper I guess.

#vicsdoitbetter

This win belongs to Cameron White. Were seriously struggling without Maxwell, Siddle, Pattinson and Hastings. That gritty innings to secire the last round draw. Should not be undersold.

#BackToBack

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ADC5689758D047B5B89305E77B4E4F3B.ashx

AUS vs SL first test just started.

Aussies bowling first, good to see Starc back for us.

Warner
Burns
Khawaja
Smith
Voges
M. Marsh
Nevill
O'Keefe
Starc
Lyon
Hazlewood

Pack of hacks. Cannot do anything on a pitch that isn't a road. Moves in the air in England. Go to water. Move off the pitch on the subcontinent. Go to water.

India will have underperformed in our series there soon if they don't innings defeat us every game.

Proud to be Australian today FredLeDeux lost 5 wickets in less than 40 minutes of play.
So inept in conditions less than perfect for batting.

Yes, we're not very good.
"World Number 1" can be a misleading title when world cricket's at a low ebb as it is at present.

Still, it reminds me of Bradman's (apocryphal) question "Why would you want to play billiards on a torn table?"

#vicsdoitbetter

I'm starting to think we'll go B2B2B this season.
Tour of India for national side late Feb through to April. That should see a lot of the NSW crew unavailable. they look our biggest threat.

Most of our batsmen are in the development phase so won't depart. Still have Quiney in reserve.
The bowling attack looks likely to be untouched. Only Siddle may go. Arguably the best Shield attack already with Boland, Tremain and Holland. Then have Pattinson to return yet.

Keep this squad untouched by the national squad and B2B2B is looking promising.
Hopefully that then puts some players in the eyes of the selectors in the next 12 months.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back