Other All things Snooker

Remove this Banner Ad

Ronnie easily this morning. 10-4, with 8 fifty breaks as well as 3 tons. The third ton was no. 1000 of his amazing career!

26 years at the top and playing just about as well as ever. Just to reiterate my point; amazing!

Robertson didn't play poorly, in fact he played quite well, it's just that Ronnie totally smothered him. Gave him very little chances at all. I've been watching a fair bit of snooker over the past 12 months and have to question the rankings when O'Sullivan is still No.3 in the world. I've seen him win at least 4 championships over that time. I know O'Sullivan tends to pick and choose his tournaments these days, but surely someone who wins as often as he does should be #1.

BBC The Documentary podcast - Snooker: Young, cool and Chinese (16 April 2019, 26 mins)

Stephen Hendry examines the rise in popularity of snooker in China.

"Once a game associated with the backrooms of British pubs, snooker is now a global sport, with most of its growth coming from China. Seven-time world snooker champion Stephen Hendry presents this exploration into how snooker became so popular in China, and why its future is looking young, cool and Chinese."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p076krd4

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ronnie easily this morning. 10-4, with 8 fifty breaks as well as 3 tons. The third ton was no. 1000 of his amazing career!

26 years at the top and playing just about as well as ever. Just to reiterate my point; amazing!

Remember years ago 94? It was just after Jimmy White made a 147 against Tony Drago in the world Championships. The 2nd 147 at that point, behind Cliff Thorburn, they did an interview with a young Ronnie O’Sullivan he was about 14/15 then, he made a 147 in the youth World Championships back then.

Just a forget match really for Neil.

I have never seen him miss a straight on Blue before to the middle pocket which is only a few feet at best and not to mention the regulation straight Brown that he also jawed as it stayed out! Just totally WTF moments from a player of his caliber and those misses would be the equivalent of an AFL player missing a straight set shot at goal with the man on the mark on the goal line!

Then Trump got a flukey snooker after missing a long Red snagging the Cue ball right behind the Brown ball which took Neil 4 tries to lay up to the pack of Reds.

Just a forget match really for Neil.

I have never seen him miss a straight on Blue before to the middle pocket which is only a few feet at best and not to mention the regulation straight Brown that he also jawed as it stayed out! Just totally WTF moments from a player of his caliber and those misses would be the equivalent of an AFL player missing a straight set shot at goal with the man on the mark on the goal line!

Then Trump got a flukey snooker after missing a long Red snagging the Cue ball right behind the Brown ball which took Neil 4 tries to lay up to the pack of Reds.

Just a terrible what can go wrong did for Neil type of match. :(

Trump wont get near Ronnie if he plays the same level tonight.

I don't mind if Neil gets beat by the better player and he keeps him in his chair because he is smashing in 80+ breaks every frame and that is just being outclassed, but losing because of mistakes that are so rare and giving the other bloke multiple visits to the table just sucks! Especially to a brat like Trump and make him beat you with his own Cue and decent potting / break building not from mistakes coming form your own. :mad:

Abit like Steve Davis overcutting a Black?

There's been some very high quality snooker in the World Open. The match between Trump and Perry was a classic. Trump raced to a 3-0 lead and then Perry pegged him back to 4-all and the decider came down to a pink ball game. Trump won after both players missed on the pink. The Selby-Bingham game was as good as it gets. Selby out to a 2-0 lead, and then Bingham played flawless snooker to win 5-2. Selby did nothing wrong, it's just that Bingham had 4 century break and (I think) a 91. Also, the way Dott defeated Murphy was a real lesson on how to completely squeeze an opponent out of the game. Down to the final 16 and I'm so looking forward to it.

and Ronnie won the match. Jimmy was in control but missed an easy red and dropped/threw his cue to the ground in frustration. Ronnie then cleaned up

In the UK Championships, 98th ranked Nigel Bond eliminated World No.1 Judd Trump 6-3. After trailing 1-3 in the best of 11 frames, the 54 year old Bond completely outplayed Judd to dominate the next 5 frames. I'd never seen Bond before and he was very impressive indeed for a player ranked 98th.
damn I watched a bit of that last night, thought Judd was gonna run away with it. spewin I missed it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back