Anime/Manga you are currently watching/reading

Remove this Banner Ad

Just watched Steins;Gate and was definitely a fan. I can see why it was rated number three on MAL.
Highly recommend it, it's a sci-fi/thriller and the story was brilliant.
Movie came out this year, I will be purchasing it in December.

Been reading Monster, quite intriguing and am annoyed at myself for not continuing to watch it ages ago.

Movie came out this year, I will be purchasing it in December.

Been reading Monster, quite intriguing and am annoyed at myself for not continuing to watch it ages ago.

Yeah, I can't wait for it as well. I'll be in Japan then too so I'll get first dibs haha.

On Monster, I have the full-set manga but it's a bit too hard for me to read at the moment (Japanese) so I am waiting until I am good enough to understand it completely.

That's hardcore MR, I've always wanted to learn Japanese but can never be bothered.

I am jelly you will be in Japan at the time.

That's hardcore MR, I've always wanted to learn Japanese but can never be bothered.

I am jelly you will be in Japan at the time.

I began learning Japanese because of anime/manga. Learning a language is always fun and Japanese is awesome but if you don't have time, it can be really to squeeze it in to your schedule. It's a big commitment after all. Best thing about learning Japanese is that I signed up for a course which ensured that I learnt through watching anime, so it was a lot of fun. If you shoot me a PM, I wouldn't mind giving you my account details. (The course was pretty expensive)

I'm leaving in 5 weeks for 5 months. I genuinely can't wait!

Has anyone watched Gintama? I can wholeheartedly say it's one of the best comedies I have seen in a long time - including western shows.

Wow. Well done MR. You should practice your Japanese and improving your kanji reading by translating mangas. Or improve your listening by translating animes with fansubs!

Monster is ******* brilliant. HBO is turning it into a series.

I've only been learning for 9 months, so I don't think I am at that level yet. Hopefully when I come back I'll be good enough to start translating. Seems fun.

I really can't wait to read it. And cool, the HBO series seems awesome.

Has anyone watched Gintama? I can wholeheartedly say it's one of the best comedies I have seen in a long time - including western shows.
Have watched some episodes, but i prefer reading the manga (even though it is text-heavy). Funniest series I have read, taking the piss out of other series and themselves plus other cultural aspects of Japan.

For those of you who have a Vita or PS3 I'm sure you would be looking forward to this game as much as myself:

Finally finished Monster, it was such a riveting journey from 1986 to 1998 .:)

Here are my thoughts on the ending:

Thought it left a lot more questions than answers, for one I thought they could have ended the saga with Tenma killing Johan and therefore being convicted and charged with the murders he was originally accused of. We also did not get to know the name of the twins which was a bit of a let down, when Johan sat up, as Tenma was going to tell him his name, I was just as shocked as Tenma (you'd think they would have tied him to the bed being a serial killer and all).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it worth going to? What goes on there?
Well the price of admission is questionable, but basically they have areas dedicated to:
- Video Games and food
- Stalls where you can buy manga, anime, costumes, figurines, models, swords and other stuff
- Cinema where they show anime and have Cosplay comps.

I went today where the best part was the sword fights.

Forgot there was a board for this kind of stuff.

Been reading 20th Century Boys. Loving it.:thumbsu:
This was the best thing I had ever read up until about the 5th-7th volume.

Also recommend Pluto to fans of Monster & 20th Century Boys. Same Author.

Forgot there was a board for this kind of stuff.

This was the best thing I had ever read up until about the 5th-7th volume.

Also recommend Pluto to fans of Monster & 20th Century Boys. Same Author.
Finished 20th and 21st Century Boys and I tend to agree with you as the manga did seem to go down hill a bit, but still was quite a good manga. Such a shame there is no anime for this as I would definitely watch it.

Finished 20th and 21st Century Boys and I tend to agree with you as the manga did seem to go down hill a bit, but still was quite a good manga. Such a shame there is no anime for this as I would definitely watch it.
They did make a trilogy of live action movies. Haven't seen them, but once saw one on Foxtel once.

Also, out of curiosity, has anyone here seen Violence Jack?

Just saw the first 6 episodes of Dangan Ronpa. I originally thought I wouldn't like it, due to its unusual art style and presentation. But so far it has really drawn me in, it moves its plot along nice and fast and has some interesting twists. I'll continue.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back