Any college football fans?

Remove this Banner Ad

The Milkman

Debutant
Feb 5, 2003
Earth
Other Teams
Windsor Mariners
US college football is, IMHO, the greatest sport in the US. Nothing can match its traditions, rivalries and passion.

I am a rabid fan of the mighty University of Michigan Wolverines (me being an alumnus of the school doesn't hurt. :) ). Every fall my family is glued to the TV (or at the stadium) watching the maize and blue battle it out on the college gridion.

Go Blue!

Yeah, I try to keep up with some scores, I have some friends in Tennessee, and they went to Alabama, so I take in interest in Bama, and Middle Tennessee State University, which is situated in the town they live in.

Problem is down here we don't get any coverage of games until the bowl season, and even then it's only a select few games. Makes it hard to follow closely. We get a lot of the college basketball games on ESPN, which is good fun as well. Rather watch the college b/ball than the pro's.

Originally posted by The Hippie
Yeah, I try to keep up with some scores, I have some friends in Tennessee, and they went to Alabama, so I take in interest in Bama, and Middle Tennessee State University, which is situated in the town they live in.

Problem is down here we don't get any coverage of games until the bowl season, and even then it's only a select few games. Makes it hard to follow closely. We get a lot of the college basketball games on ESPN, which is good fun as well. Rather watch the college b/ball than the pro's.

'Tis a shame because college football is a most excellent sport. Bowl week is, IMHO, the biggest week of American sports. There's nothing like plopping down on the couch and watching football game after football game.

I hear ya, too, about college hoops being better than the pro game. The college tournament is the second best week (weeks) in American sports and is, by far, the best tournament of all sports. There's nothing like seeing a "no name" like Hickville U. beating the big boys.

I decided to try and follow it this year because it is a good way to keep an eye on the upcoming NFL players. I decided to follow Nebraska (I was assured by Mooster that we were in for a big year) :p but I think things went off the rails. I will try again next year.

ESPN showed about 4 games in Sept. but then only 1 game each month after that for some unknown reason. Perhaps it wasn't rating.

Originally posted by oh_my_hat

ESPN showed about 4 games in Sept. but then only 1 game each month after that for some unknown reason. Perhaps it wasn't rating.

Would be more like different priorities for different regions OMH. Though why ESPN would think The Great Outdoor Games (hunting, fishing etc) would be must watch TV down here is beyond me. :confused:

Originally posted by oh_my_hat

I was pleasantly surprised with the abundant satellite coverage of College Football when I was in Thailand for a coupla weeks...gave me a good excuse ta crack a few cans of Singha at 10 o'clock in the morning:D

Nebraska will strike back! Hang in there, Hat. :)

All the flags here in the States are at half-mast. A bit much to grieve over the end of the football season like that, but at least our priorities are on track with some things. ;)

Originally posted by Stealth bomber
Poor hat, making Mooster and myself look like fools.

Fear not Husker fans, the ship will be righted.
Sorry Stealth you deserve half the blame too. ;) At least Mooster and I have a successful Tigers season to look forward to, what will you be doing this AFL season? :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back