Are there any AFL Football games on devices these days?

Remove this Banner Ad

PowerfulPies2023

Club Legend
Oct 5, 2023
AFL Club
Collingwood
like XBOX, PLAYSTATION, Atari etc?

Joking about the Atari. Absolute pile of s**t that was. Nintendo lol love that AFL Game '' Out of bounds, on the full '' and that duck shooting one.

I've lost count of how many Play Statio's there are as well as XBox's. I think I had Play station 4 but just couldn't be ****ed with it anymore. FIFA was the best.

Anyway, any AFL Games still?

I saw the new NBA one which looks real. Would be cool playing that and NFL. Boxing one too, MMA etc.

erm, short answer is no. there's nothing new worth playing and you won't enjoy it. your best bet is to buy a PS2 from cashies and AFL Premiership 2005 (it's a dollar). that game is better than the latest AFL game (and the PS2 is better than the PS5).

erm, short answer is no. there's nothing new worth playing and you won't enjoy it. your best bet is to buy a PS2 from cashies and AFL Premiership 2005 (it's a dollar). that game is better than the latest AFL game (and the PS2 is better than the PS5).
So you’re telling me I could only get $1 for my copy of one of the better AFL games ever invented? Well that’s disappointing.

like XBOX, PLAYSTATION, Atari etc?

Joking about the Atari. Absolute pile of s**t that was. Nintendo lol love that AFL Game '' Out of bounds, on the full '' and that duck shooting one.

I've lost count of how many Play Statio's there are as well as XBox's. I think I had Play station 4 but just couldn't be ****ed with it anymore. FIFA was the best.

Anyway, any AFL Games still?

I saw the new NBA one which looks real. Would be cool playing that and NFL. Boxing one too, MMA etc.
None that truly simulate the sport. Live 2011 and Evolution 2 got passing the ball around the ground alright, but the contested play was virtually non existent along with hardly any player instructions/tactics and no custom formations, it's just forced 1v1's or forced walled players in Live 2011's case. AFL 23 maybe the worst AFL game since AFL Challenge, because you can can't even turn the players in the direction you want to go, which even Challenge got right.

I gave Evolution 2 more of a chance after that 23 abomination, and it's probably the best in terms of moving the ball around the ground, and even its limited contested play, with the sliders on of course. I think Live 2011 probably has the best physics with it being weighted, the best on the run goal mechanic where you have to compose yourself in front of goal to get better accuracy, and the players aren't always 1v1 (although positioning is not customizable). The PS2 games were terrible, and I use to play those all the time.

Only two AFL games I ever played was that "Out of bounds; on the full!" Game and AFL Finals Fever from the late 90's. The latter was quite enjoyable for the time and played it a fair bit.

To be honest, from the AFL games I've seen since, they don't really appeal to be because I don't think the sport translates that well into a game. But I'm not really huge on sports games in general to be fair.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back