Remove this Banner Ad

Craze

Premiership Player
Aug 7, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Steelers
I preface this by saying that 99.999% of people I meet at the football are great. Our club's supporter base is the envy of the league in terms of loyalty and passion. This message is for the 0.001% who are damaging the reputation of all Richmond supporters.

If you do any of the following at the football, please don't attend our club's games. Instead, watch from your own lounge room. Your behaviour is disgusting and is (a) likely to be illegal; (b) detracts from the ability of civilised people to enjoy of the game (yes, it is a game), and (c) damages the reputation of the club and supporters.

(i) Drink excessively pre-game and during games, impeding your own decision-making capabilities. Being drunk in public is a very ordinary look.
(ii) Swear excessively (no I'm not a prude and understand that people swear, but please be aware of the demographic of those sitting around you)
(iii) Verbally and/or physically fight with opposition (or our own) supporters
(iv) Racially vilify indigenous players
(v) Constantly criticise our own players
(vi) Belittle women/girls who happen to be our sisters/mothers/daughters

Having anger management issues is not an excuse. Having a rough childhood is not an excuse. You are in 100% responsible for your own behaviour. Our court system clearly lacks the 'plums' to deal with you properly. If I had my way you'd be wheeled out (in stocks) in front of the hundreds of people whose evening you just ruined, all of whom would be armed with rotting fruit. And then you'd be in the lockup for 6 months to think about the consequences of your actions. But that's just me.

What happened last night, and previously after the Qualifying Final against Hawthorn, cannot be tolerated.

I encourage everyone to call out this sort of behaviour if we see it. Let's make it uncomfortable for these fools to carry on with their sh*t. If you're in a group and one of your mates is acting like a d*ckhead, pull him into line.

I can tell you that we're one more incident away from the league having a chat to Benny, IMHO. And rightly so. It's actually fortunate no-one was killed last night. The human skull was not designed to protect the brain from contact with concrete.

Well said mate though I’m not so sure it’s a club related thing , that’s simply by association. These guys are thugs coz they’re thugs , their footy team ain’t a contributing factor. You’re right that the behaviour needs to be called out and the stadium needs to be more responsive to anti social behaviour. Also the lighting outside the mcg in Yarra park is a disgrace , how on earth they don’t have some solar powered flood lights in 2019 is beyond me

Last edited:

I'd like to know where security were? They are utterly useless at the MCG. Also, a $300 fine for that kind of behaviour?! I got a $300 fine for riding my motorbike in an empty bike lane (at walking pace). He was one clean punch away from a murder charge.

He needs to be made to realise that. A $300 fine doesn't get the job done.

I'd like to know where security were? They are utterly useless at the MCG. Also, a $300 fine for that kind of behaviour?! I got a $300 fine for riding my motorbike in an empty bike lane (at walking pace). He was one clean punch away from a murder charge.

He needs to be made to realise that. A $300 fine doesn't get the job done.
Cops galore at M26 in AFL member area.

All of us need to publicly condemn this idiot.
We have a bad rep on the main board for our fan behaviour. Like it or not. Believe it or not.
We need to be proactive in getting rid of this.

Cops galore at M26 in AFL member area.
Is that where it happened? I'm an AFL member and have only ever seen one incident. I was at an Adelaide v Hawthorn game a couple of years ago and a few drunk Hawks fans were behaving in a disgusting manner. Security were aware of them and watched and did nothing. I called them out on it (security) and they shrugged their shoulders. They had no *s to give. These guys are getting well paid to do a job where they very rarely have to do much at all. This was one of the times where they had a job to do and they failed.

Is that where it happened? I'm an AFL member and have only ever seen one incident. I was at an Adelaide v Hawthorn game a couple of years ago and a few drunk Hawks fans were behaving in a disgusting manner. Security were aware of them and watched and did nothing. I called them out on it (security) and they shrugged their shoulders. They had no ****s to give. These guys are getting well paid to do a job where they very rarely have to do much at all. This was one of the times where they had a job to do and they failed.
I am a 3121 member. We get $9 tickets to AFL members area for away MCG games.
The fight wasn't where I was.
This a-hole needs to pay. he was wearing our jumper and therefore inadvertently was representing our club.

All of us need to publicly condemn this idiot.
We have a bad rep on the main board for our fan behaviour. Like it or not. Believe it or not.
We need to be proactive in getting rid of this.
I'm not sure the main board is a good representation of the real world to be honest. Reality is every club have these kind of peanuts. We've got our fair share and it sounds like a few fellow Tigers tried to stop this nutter.
Have we found out anything about him? He seems like he needs some professional help.

I'm not sure the main board is a good representation of the real world to be honest. Reality is every club have these kind of peanuts. We've got our fair share and it sounds like a few fellow Tigers tried to stop this nutter.
Have we found out anything about him? He seems like he needs some professional help.
I have seen a lot of trouble at our gmes.
This prick doesn't need help. He needs something else.

Ffs what were security doing , swear and they are all over people, this they disappear, AFL and the commission who pay their cronies handsomely to provide non existent security, the idiots need to be banned but the AFL is complicit

I was disgusted when I saw the article this morning.

I go to the football a lot on my own and I really don’t want to start being too scared to go to the football.

I hope this behaviour doesn’t become a common occurrence. :(

The AFL and the Police really need to start punishing this behaviour more severely. If he’s a Richmond member I hope RFC revoke his membership.

I go to the football a lot on my own and I really don’t want to start being too scared to go to the football.

The AFL and the Police really need to start punishing this behaviour more severely. If he’s a Richmond member I hope RFC revoke his membership.
In the old days there was * all security , there were cops and the6 settled things down pretty quick , these days the cops can’t do nothing because the courts are so lenient

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the old days there was **** all security , there were cops and the6 settled things down pretty quick , these days the cops can’t do nothing because the courts are so lenient
I know and it sucks. Just let the cops do their job already!

I'd put money on that piece of s**t not being a member. If he is, the club will ban him from any future memberships I'm sure.

And the $300 fine is a joke. That f**kwit Tony Jones said this morning that the $300 fine would make him stop and think. Is he f**king serious? How is this guy employed in the media? Fine the prick $10,000 with a year's jail.

Security is ******* useless.
A few seasons ago at Dreamtime game A mate and I and our kids saw one of our own supporters glass an Esssndon fan in the Keith Miller bar in 3121.
They done absolutely * all, them when badgered they kicked the bloke who was glassed out!
Rang the club they couldn’t do anything, rang MCC and said surely you have footage or something? Nothing?
And who do we see the next home game? That same filthy campaigner.
All we could do is tell him every week we seen him we knew and he was a dog etc, but he basically just got away with it.
Haven’t seen him for a few seasons thank *,hopefully he just got sick of us.

I'd put money on that piece of s**t not being a member. If he is, the club will ban him from any future memberships I'm sure.

And the $300 fine is a joke. That f**kwit Tony Jones said this morning that the $300 fine would make him stop and think. Is he f**king serious? How is this guy employed in the media? Fine the prick $10,000 with a year's jail.
Wasn’t a member Benny said.

I have seen a lot of trouble at our gmes.
This prick doesn't need help. He needs something else.
I'm not excusing Tiger fans. All I'm saying is that these type of guys support every club. I go to a lot of neutral games and I feel we're no different to other teams. Having said that, I'm sitting most weeks in the AFL Members which is pretty pedestrian compared to say sitting near a cheer squad.

The reality is, these incidents are isolated and overall it's much safer going to the footy now than it was 20 years ago. There just weren't camera phones 20 years ago.
That said, a wet lettuce approach to those who behave like this can't be the answer.

I'm not excusing Tiger fans. All I'm saying is that these type of guys support every club. I go to a lot of neutral games and I feel we're no different to other teams. Having said that, I'm sitting most weeks in the AFL Members which is pretty pedestrian compared to say sitting near a cheer squad.

The reality is, these incidents are isolated and overall it's much safer going to the footy now than it was 20 years ago. There just weren't camera phones 20 years ago.
That said, a wet lettuce approach to those who behave like this can't be the answer.
Mate respectfully disagree.
Went with my old man to games in the 70s and 80s and there were some serious brawls.
Phones these days means everything gets filmed.

Mate respectfully disagree.
Went with my old man to games in the 70s and 80s and there were some serious brawls.
Phones these days means everything gets filmed.
So you mean you respectfully agree? Or are you saying the serious brawls you saw were recently and not in the 70's and 80's?
I was saying going to the footy is much safer now than it was 20 years ago. Especially if you're an away supporter. I remember a story from the 90s of an Adelaide fan having full cans of beer thrown at their head by a disgruntled Tiger fan for simply celebrating the Crows winning at the MCG.

I am a 3121 member. We get $9 tickets to AFL members area for away MCG games.
The fight wasn't where I was.
This a-hole needs to pay. he was wearing our jumper and therefore inadvertently was representing our club.

$9 tickets ? How did you do that ?

Security is ******* useless.
A few seasons ago at Dreamtime game A mate and I and our kids saw one of our own supporters glass an Esssndon fan in the Keith Miller bar in 3121.
They done absolutely **** all, them when badgered they kicked the bloke who was glassed out!
Rang the club they couldn’t do anything, rang MCC and said surely you have footage or something? Nothing?
And who do we see the next home game? That same filthy campaigner.
All we could do is tell him every week we seen him we knew and he was a dog etc, but he basically just got away with it.
Haven’t seen him for a few seasons thank ****,hopefully he just got sick of us.

Can you say wild dingo instead of dog ? :) lol Dogs are great , better than majority of humans on this earth .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back