Aus Day long weekend party ideas

Remove this Banner Ad

ptrg

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 19, 2008
Space Mountain
AFL Club
Melbourne
(Edit: originally posted about sourcing a keg, but managed to get that done, so moving on to drinking games/things to do)

G'day all, hosting an Aus Day long weekend house party, and looking for ideas to make it saaaweet..

Background: approx 20 odd people over 2 nights (sat/sun), all late 20s.. The place has a few rooms plus a sweet outdoor balcony upstairs.

So far, the ideas I'm going with are-
Beer pong,
Music, lights etc,
Beer keg
Got astroturf for the balcony real cheap in good nick
Thinking tikki torches on the balcony posts lol?
Got the old mandatory skim ball and vortex of course for the beach

But other than that, not sure what else to do.. Party will go thru the days into nights, so was also thinking a wading pool for chilling in (fingers crossed its a hot weekend) but may not be worth the effort..

So if anyone has any other (cheapish) ideas or games please shout em out!

Thanks in advance for the tips and advice, hoping to make it a good one as I can't see too many house parties in the future (gettin oooold...)

Last edited:
G'day, have spent the past few days searching for a decent price on hiring a keg (at this stage looking at 50L) in Melbourne, but looking at some pretty steep prices (especially for equipment for 2nights/3days).. Does anyone have any experience in hiring a keg, and further, can anyone recommend a place to hire from in Melbourne?

Visited the obvious google hits, but there seems to be quite a difference in overall package prices, just wondering what sets them apart?

The keg is for a party I'm hosting on the Aus day weekend, at this stage looking at VB, but if the numbers work, may go a class up to something like little creatures..

Cheers for any tips and leads!
may be cheaper just to purchase the keg? I know that a 50l carlton draught goes for about $300.
Could be cheaper again if you're able to get one from somewhere that buys in bulk i.e RSL. Some of them may let you buy one, so long as you return them in good condition.

OR, if you're able to get yourself to Abbotsford, kegsonlegs have their warehouse there where you can pick it up. A keg of little creatures is $370.

Hope this helps, and apologies if you've already looked into them!

may be cheaper just to purchase the keg? I know that a 50l carlton draught goes for about $300.
Could be cheaper again if you're able to get one from somewhere that buys in bulk i.e RSL. Some of them may let you buy one, so long as you return them in good condition.

OR, if you're able to get yourself to Abbotsford, kegsonlegs have their warehouse there where you can pick it up. A keg of little creatures is $370.

Hope this helps, and apologies if you've already looked into them!

Cheers for the reply- looked at it, but still would need to hire the equipment, and most places seem to hire out the equipment separately at a higher price..

Just use a bronco pump, or macgyver one using a bike pump. Where are you located? I have a D type coupling and keg charger you could borrow if needed.

Just use a bronco pump, or macgyver one using a bike pump. Where are you located? I have a D type coupling and keg charger you could borrow if needed.
Thanks mate, went and ordered through one of the hire companies- they seemed pretty helpful and reasonable in the end.
Now, to come up with some games and activities for the long weekend..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back