Australian Cricket Thread - No.3 🏏

Remove this Banner Ad

This is going to be a tough ask. The top order really needs to stand up here, post minimum of 300 Lead and go for a draw. This pitch is going to get flatter and flatter into Day4/5. Don't think we will be able to knock them over in their second innings.

Need to be very dour for at least 6 sessions of batting.

This is going to be a tough ask. The top order really needs to stand up here, post minimum of 300 Lead and go for a draw. This pitch is going to get flatter and flatter into Day4/5. Don't think we will be able to knock them over in their second innings.

Need to be very dour for at least 6 sessions of batting.
We'll win I'm as sure as WA will keep carrying the country ;) :D

Can Burns never play again please!!!!

I was trying to get all his test scores but if you take out his centuries his average is below 20 .... that is appalling for a first class batsman.

Yikes, now that is one hell of a bake from Ron.

You would think he would have to be dropped from the crucial third test surely ?

surely we have other options to replace

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A bit of a dig at cricket Australia here, we are in a test match series, we have a number 6 opening the batting and a player who is not up to it up the other end, the big problem is, the last first class match was played over 8 weeks ago and the only games on are T20.

Why is it that hard to have first class cricket go until December or Christmas and have the short format start later?

A bit of a dig at cricket Australia here, we are in a test match series, we have a number 6 opening the batting and a player who is not up to it up the other end, the big problem is, the last first class match was played over 8 weeks ago and the only games on are T20.

Why is it that hard to have first class cricket go until December or Christmas and have the short format start later?
$ and the BCCI.

Looooooot of overreaction to what was a truly historic tour of Australia by India here. They beat us in Brisbane - the first team in 30 years to do so - and did so with only 2 players playing every test. They bowled us out twice in Brisbane with a lineup that had a collective test matches played of 9. They routinely showed serious grit, when everyone expected them to fold. They won here, after their star bat - and the second best test bat on the planet - left after playing a single test.

Once upon a time, we'd have given them a standing ovation here. Now, we're too busy throwing the toys every which way.

I'll raise a glass to them. Well done, India.

Looooooot of overreaction to what was a truly historic tour of Australia by India here. They beat us in Brisbane - the first team in 30 years to do so - and did so with only 2 players playing every test. They bowled us out twice in Brisbane with a lineup that had a collective test matches played of 9. They routinely showed serious grit, when everyone expected them to fold. They won here, after their star bat - and the second best test bat on the planet - left after playing a single test.

Once upon a time, we'd have given them a standing ovation here. Now, we're too busy throwing the toys every which way.

I am as parochial as most, and at times the Indian team has rubbed me the wrong way, so to speak, but to look at their efforts in Brisbane with anything other than admiration and credit for effort would just be wrong, un-Australian.

Great last day .Kudos to India . Test cricket is the best for mine .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Ladies playing well today.
Young players did the work with the ball, the senior players with the bat.

Looking very, very solid as a group.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back