BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLL!!!!!!!.............huh?

Remove this Banner Ad

TheBuzz

Club Legend
Sep 27, 2007
Purple Monkey Dishwasher
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Watched the game on TV last night, was there watching my own team play today.

The number of unpaid holding the ball decisions is staggering.

I heard something pop in my head in the 3rd quarter this arvo appealing for another unrewarded tackle.

Players get tackled, raise their arms as they get tackled to keep them free (which is fine),

THEN STAND IN THE TACKLE FOR 3-5 SECONDS UNTIL THEY FIND WHAT THEY DEEM IS A SUITABLE OPTION.

If a guy is tackled & had prior opportunity, he should have 1 second to get rid of it, maybe 2. If a guy has his hands free, that is an opportunity to dispose of the pill.

So frustrating. Umps are whistle happy at contested marks, yet swallow it when players get caught. Reward the tackler!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLL!!!!!!!.............huh?.......... ....BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLL......hu

Watched the game on TV last night, was there watching my own team play today.

The number of unpaid holding the ball decisions is staggering.

I heard something pop in my head in the 3rd quarter this arvo appealing for another unrewarded tackle.

Players get tackled, raise their arms as they get tackled to keep them free (which is fine),

THEN STAND IN THE TACKLE FOR 3-5 SECONDS UNTIL THEY FIND WHAT THEY DEEM IS A SUITABLE OPTION.

If a guy is tackled & had prior opportunity, he should have 1 second to get rid of it, maybe 2. If a guy has his hands free, that is an opportunity to dispose of the pill.

So frustrating. Umps are whistle happy at contested marks, yet swallow it when players get caught. Reward the tackler!!!!!!!!!!!!!

man that title is hard to read...

i think as soon as player takes one step they have prior oppotunity unless they are being tackled...

this is because they choose to take the step and it is their first option meaning they could of handballed it if they wanted to...

but if they get the ball and are tackled straight away, or the ball is pushed into their stomach or even the fall on the ball then it should be play on...

but i think holding the ball decisions are the least of the umpire's faults

Re: BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLL!!!!!!!.............huh?.......... ....BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLL......hu

Couldn't think of a better title to get my point across, sorry if it annoys. Its what I was doing all day.

If a guy has little or no opportunity, even if taking a step or two, I have no problem with a ball up if it is pinned.

But on so many occasions the ball was not pinned, playerhas his arms free with footy in hand, being tackled, & they just hold onto if for a few seconds, & finally pass it off long after the free kick should have been paid.

Players are getting away with way too much when caught.

Mate, if the umpires gave holding the ball everytime the crowd yelled for it, they'd be giving 100+ frees every match. Most people don't know the rules anyway, and yet they criticise umpires. Why? Because it's easier to blame umpires rather than their own team for losing.

Umpires love to give baaaalllllll decisions throwing their hands down and out and fans love yelling for it.
It is a real crowd pleaser and a win win ...except when it is not given then the crowd goes wild. Overall I think most umps look for that one and in a 50=50 award the free. I had a mate who would yell ball as you have written it in your title it went on for 10 sec trying to 'will' the ump to give it:D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back