Ballarat FL 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Redan or North to win it imo.
The other clubs were never happy that North came back..
& Jarrod Edwards was cleared back to Redan,

Redan's defense was awesome, holding Nth to only 4 goals for the first 3 quarters. Redan can win the flag - Nth will still be a chance, as will Sunbury. East-Point and Darley both long shots at this point.

Redan's defense was awesome, holding Nth to only 4 goals for the first 3 quarters. Redan can win the flag - Nth will still be a chance, as will Sunbury. East-Point and Darley both long shots at this point.
you my friend are a football genius...name every side still in the finals and you can guarantee that you will tip the winner.

you my friend are a football genius...name every side still in the finals and you can guarantee that you will tip the winner.

LOL - I must be a genius ;)

To Clarify, in order of best chance to least:-
Redan
Nth. City
Sunbrury/Darley (too hard to split these two at this point)

Redan's handling of Nth. City last week really showed that they have the form going at the right time. One long time Redan member at the game even stated how surprised he was with the final result.

Alot of pressure on Nth City this weekend. To be clearly the best team in the H&A and go out in straight sets will start to bring the choking mind set into the club. Darley are very dangerous this weekend.
Not really, if it were to eventuate, to put it solely on North would be disrespecting the other sides involved. Either way should be some great footy played this weekend.

LOL - I must be a genius ;)

To Clarify, in order of best chance to least:-
Redan
Nth. City
Sunbrury/Darley (too hard to split these two at this point)

Redan's handling of Nth. City last week really showed that they have the form going at the right time. One long time Redan member at the game even stated how surprised he was with the final result.
Thanks for the clarification Champion,

I have to slightly disagree however. Sunbury are finals proven and apart from Duhau will be close to full strength, I have them behind Redan who after last week shot straight to outright favourite.

Whilst North are a good side the lose of Cartledge and a not fit Micallef (I think they are foxing a bit with him and i'm not certain he is done completely) puts them equal to if not behind Darley in the race. It is a lot of structure they lose with them two players if they don't play. It will be a great game this weekend and they may well get over the line but i simply can't see them beating Redan or Sunbury from here on in.

Darley on the other hand, whilst they are vulnerable they are also capable of beating any of the sides left on the day. I know they need to play at there absolute best but it is still achievable. For that reason alone i have them at 3rd. In saying that North Ballarat are still favourite to win this week.

hit me back if you would like to talk semantics....or just football.

your hero,
Monsieur Poe

Nth. City to 'choke' on Sunday and go out in 'straight sets'?

Watched Redan play Sunbury today - Sunbury won by 30 pts. - The Redan boys put up a valiant fight but were outclassed by a very well drilled Sunbury side. The Redan back line looked very tired in the final quarter. Well done to the Players and Staff at Sunbury.

My sources tell me that Doug Hawkins is stepping aside from coaching the Marsh to let a former AFL listed player to take over the reigns.

Well done to North City on winning the 2013 flag. I still remember when they started in the Bendigo Football League. Gissy beat them by 38 goals - Saunders kicked 11 in the first half and then and had a shower. From a basket case to premiers.

With so many Ex VFL stars its no wonder they won.

They are a bloody strong outfit and very deserving of the flag this year!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

best thing for them, if they can afford it

Dont know why you think this. Got a greatly improved effort from the players this year.

Also think their win loss ratio was much better and were alot more competitive against the

Better sides. But as per the normal marsh have done a brisbane lions and sacked one before

getting the signature of a new coach. Apparently they thought they had Richardson but is

talking to Melton and could head there instead. Bad decision for them i think.

With so many Ex VFL stars its no wonder they won.

They are a bloody strong outfit and very deserving of the flag this year!

Well done North didnt see that result coming 10 mins into the third quarter.

Also nice little dig at all the other clubs by starting off nearly all of the snapshot

comments in the record with graduate of North ballarat juniors.

Will Horwood be there next year or is his time up?

2012 - Sunbury.......2013 - Nth Ballarat City....... looks like it's back to Pokies Clubs 'Purchasing' Premierships again :(

Lol most of Norths side were North Ballarat jnrs.. nice try though.
Ps how about that for a choke. ;) :thumbsu:
Well done to nth city better side on the day but the conduct of your supporters and the comments that Robbie put on his facebook then deleted just proves what a bunch of ********s you all are

Well done to nth city better side on the day but the conduct of your supporters and the comments that Robbie put on his facebook then deleted just proves what a bunch of ********s you all are
I'm unaware of what Robbie posted but I'd say the biggest dickheads are those choosing to spend the past week bitching about/jeering an opposition club.
As for me, I simply replied to someone else.

I'm unaware of what Robbie posted but I'd say the biggest dickheads are those choosing to spend the past week bitching about/jeering an opposition club.
As for me, I simply replied to someone else, pull your head in.
well it was not anyone from Sunbury that complained about Fitzy helping Nth out well done for getting all advantages possible I only used your thread as it easier

well it was not anyone from Sunbury that complained about Fitzy helping Nth out well done for getting all advantages possible I only used your thread as it was easier so you pull your head in
I went back and edited the post 'cause I cbf arguing.
I wasn't saying Sunbury complained either, it was just a general statement, at the end of the day there will always be people looking to make excuses for any shortcomings..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back