Bands which...

• Thread starter The Hitman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by Mcchawk

Dallas Crane are guys I went to school with quite funny catholic school boys being rockstars!!! Though they've just signed a European recording contract I believe, can't believe I've had a few beers with Peter (guitarist) at Hawthorn games!!

Yeah, they get good airplay on JJJ. They are one of those bands who I wouldn't get their album, and I can't remember the name of their songs, but when they are on the radio, ya know the words and like the song.

The Hitman

Originally posted by Mcchawk

Dallas Crane are guys I went to school with quite funny catholic school boys being rockstars!!! Though they've just signed a European recording contract I believe, can't believe I've had a few beers with Peter (guitarist) at Hawthorn games!!

It's a small world. I know Pat the new bass player in the band and I've supported Dallas Crane once or twice in my band the Casanovas.

The Louisville Sluggers - swing/jazz
The Porkers - hardcore ska
The Lucksmiths - pop

All have a great sense of humour to back up their musical talents.

Originally posted by Fat Pizza
The Louisville Sluggers - swing/jazz
The Porkers - hardcore ska
All have a great sense of humour to back up their musical talents.

I like Fat Pizza I like!!

Bands that really deserve more recognition include Strung Out, No Use for a Name, Millencolin and Pennywise. Yes, I know these guys are fairly big in the alternative scene, but the poo all over most of the so-called 'alternative' bands that make it through to the mainstream.

Thanks Goalden Hawk.

If those bands are in the same class as either the Porkers or the Louisville Sluggers, I'll have to check them out.

Originally posted by Fat Pizza
Thanks Goalden Hawk.

If those bands are in the same class as either the Porkers or the Louisville Sluggers, I'll have to check them out.

No probs mate.

Well they are more punk than ska...but if you are after good Aussie ska bands, off the top of my head I can think of OiSka, Commissioner Gordan, Addiction 64, Wiseacre and the Mad Dash....all these bands are top notch, you can get most of their CD's from Missing Link in Flinders Lane.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back