Sport Basketball and hoop like stuff

Remove this Banner Ad

Celts v Nuggets today was a serious, serious game - Do yourselves a favour and watch. Big time playoff vibe.

Love it when we start getting to pointy end of season and the games start to matter.
Difference in the game:

At the line: 21/22 vs 16/25
From the bench: 28 points vs 10

We should have won. Still worried about Porzingis vs Jokic defensively though

Difference in the game:

At the line: 21/22 vs 16/25
From the bench: 28 points vs 10

We should have won. Still worried about Porzingis vs Jokic defensively though
That’s a big call.

Problem everyone will have with Nuggets is that if it’s a close game deep in the 4th they have Jokic who is both the best shot creator and shot maker in the NBA (or close enough). Point being, nobody gets better shots than the Nuggets late in games - see the lob to Gordon with a minute (or whatever) to go. As good as Tatum is, he can be defended….Jokic is getting close to unguardable.

That’s a big call.

Problem everyone will have with Nuggets is that if it’s a close game deep in the 4th they have Jokic who is both the best shot creator and shot maker in the NBA (or close enough). Point being, nobody gets better shots than the Nuggets late in games - see the lob to Gordon with a minute (or whatever) to go. As good as Tatum is, he can be defended….Jokic is getting close to unguardable.
It's a big call saying we should have won when we were close but shot 64% from the line?

He's a star. I'm not sure who can guard him.

It's a big call saying we should have won when we were close but shot 64% from the line?

He's a star. I'm not sure who can guard him.
Well its a matter of opinion but think it’s flawed logic to say “my team could have done one thing better and if they had they would have won.”

I’m sure the Nuggets would say there were things they could have done, offensively and defensively, that could have led to more scores or more stops and counteracted some extra points from the line.

Free throws was an area the Celts struggled with. There would 100% be something the Nuggets didn’t do well on the night and their fans could mount the same argument.

Jokic was the difference in the end.

Well its a matter of opinion but think it’s flawed logic to say “my team could have done one thing better and if they had they would have won.”

I’m sure the Nuggets would say there were things they could have done, offensively and defensively, that could have led to more scores or more stops and counteracted some extra points from the line.

Free throws was an area the Celts struggled with. There would 100% be something the Nuggets didn’t do well on the night and their fans could mount the same argument.

Jokic was the difference in the end.
I disagree. As I said, the two big differences in the game were the bench and the shooting from the line. Jokic was best on, yes, but if we even shoot at 88% at the line we're level, and their bench has still outscored ours by 18.

Not sure how that could be considered controversial tbh.

I disagree. As I said, the two big differences in the game were the bench and the shooting from the line. Jokic was best on, yes, but if we even shoot at 88% at the line we're level, and their bench has still outscored ours by 18.

Not sure how that could be considered controversial tbh.
It’s not controversial, this is a very low stakes discussion. For the reasons I mentioned above, I just don’t agree with your statement that the Celtics should have won the game. I didn’t see the game that way at all.

If you want to understand the difference…..consider that in the last minute the Celtics turned a 3 on 1 fast break into a 3 point shot whereas Jokic turned a tough possession into a lob at the rim for an easy Gordon dunk. THAT was the story of the game if you ask me.

It’s not controversial, this is a very low stakes discussion. For the reasons I mentioned above, I just don’t agree with your statement that the Celtics should have won the game. I didn’t see the game that way at all.

If you want to understand the difference…..consider that in the last minute the Celtics turned a 3 on 1 fast break into a 3 point shot whereas Jokic turned a tough possession into a lob at the rim for an easy Gordon dunk. THAT was the story of the game if you ask me.
Fair enough. I'm hoping that the Wolves or Thunder beat them in the West so we don't have to worry about him.

Fair enough. I'm hoping that the Wolves or Thunder beat them in the West so we don't have to worry about him.
Phoenix might be your best shot. Pray that KD, Beal and Booker turn into a shootout and can just outscore them. Not impossible given the firepower they have.

So smart by Indiana to add Caitlin Clark on the eve of the playoffs. Bucks have no chance.

Anyone else get caught up in the WNCAA buzz? Don't think I've had as much watching basketball since Steph in his last finals.

So smart by Indiana to add Caitlin Clark on the eve of the playoffs. Bucks have no chance.

Anyone else get caught up in the WNCAA buzz? Don't think I've had as much watching basketball since Steph in his last finals.
I watched the tourney - good fun wasn’t it. There is something wholesome about college sports, even today.

What are we thinking?

Think it’s Celtics out of the East and Nuggets out of the West. Not exactly a hot take….

Nuggets in 6 in the Finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What are we thinking?

Think it’s Celtics out of the East and Nuggets out of the West. Not exactly a hot take….

Nuggets in 6 in the Finals.

Before the playoffs I felt like the winner of the Nuggets and Lakers would make the finals. Probably overrating the Lakers but it looked liked they'd found something.

If the Bucks can hang in long enough to get Giannis back fully fit that would be a great series vs the Celtics. Feel sorry for Philly; just can't ever seem to have Embiid right in the playoffs, otherwise I could see any of those 3 making the finals.

Before the playoffs I felt like the winner of the Nuggets and Lakers would make the finals. Probably overrating the Lakers but it looked liked they'd found something.

If the Bucks can hang in long enough to get Giannis back fully fit that would be a great series vs the Celtics. Feel sorry for Philly; just can't ever seem to have Embiid right in the playoffs, otherwise I could see any of those 3 making the finals.
Don’t think you’re overrating the Lakers at all. Davis and Bron can beat almost anyone on a given day. Gonna be a hell of a series.

Can’t see anyone pushing the Celts in the East but if anyone can it’s the Bucks. Been unsettled all year and don’t seem to have really clicked….but Giannis. He’s the best player on the floor in that series so they have a chance I guess.

Embiid…as you say, just can’t rely on the guy to be healthy.

If anyone hasn’t watched game 2 of Lakers v Nuggets…..it might be the single best game of basketball I’ve ever watched.

Do yourself a favour.

Don’t think you’re overrating the Lakers at all. Davis and Bron can beat almost anyone on a given day. Gonna be a hell of a series.

Can’t see anyone pushing the Celts in the East but if anyone can it’s the Bucks. Been unsettled all year and don’t seem to have really clicked….but Giannis. He’s the best player on the floor in that series so they have a chance I guess.

Embiid…as you say, just can’t rely on the guy to be healthy.
He's also a massive choker.

Think it'll be C's vs Nuggets but I hope someone can stop them in the west. I think we beat the rest of them. Not sure about Denver.

If anyone hasn’t watched game 2 of Lakers v Nuggets…..it might be the single best game of basketball I’ve ever watched.

Do yourself a favour.

I was able to watch the end of the second and half the third and then had to go back to work and missed the best bits! Caught up via the kayo mini. Crazy shots by Murray late.

He's also a massive choker.

Think it'll be C's vs Nuggets but I hope someone can stop them in the west. I think we beat the rest of them. Not sure about Denver.
I can’t work him out….ive seen him choke, I’ve seen him come up huge.

The one thing I feel sure about with him is…..he’ll get injured.

I can’t work him out….ive seen him choke, I’ve seen him come up huge.

The one thing I feel sure about with him is…..he’ll get injured.
He regularly *s up in playoffs when they needed him to step up.

There's a reason I never fear the chokers when we get them in the playoffs anymore.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back