Multiplat Battlefield 2042

Remove this Banner Ad

PC, so visuals aren't what I have a problem with. Though I must say the game looks good and visibility is amazing when the weather is sunny, I wish clear weather was a more common default in Battlefield games.

It's just a bit janky. Hit detection, spawns in direct fire, ragdolls animating like they're alive, map key doesn't appear to work, etc. Just hoping, knowing that this is an older build, that the full release irons out some of this stuff.

Also maybe it's just that I'm not used to it but the UI seems to be all over the shop and not very intuitive.

Agree. It's janky as all * so hopefully that's just down to it being a beta.

Gunplay feels a lot like MW19/Warzone, I like it. The more hardcore Battlefield vets might not though.

Already hate having to pull out the grenade to use it.

Hmm didn't really notice that but also have played a load of Warzone since the last BF.

It's very much a Battlefield game. Looks gorgeous. Customising your gun on the fly is pretty cool.

Don't get the point of classes. Why choose recon and then just change your load out to medic?

Orbital as a map looks good but it's too big and uninspiring. Might be alright as an Operation map, but as Conquest, meh.

Not worried about the jankiness, would say that's just a beta thing.

Hmm didn't really notice that but also have played a load of Warzone since the last BF.
It's probably more to do with the fact I've played a bit of MW and BF4 in the lead up, and it doesn't feel at all like the latter.

I think there's enough there to tell me that we could have a good one on our hands. If they treat the game right and don't go down the BFV path of slowly destroying what was a solid game to start with over time.

But comparing this to the BFV and even BF1 launches, this lacks a lot of the charm and satisfying gameplay that they had.

I think there's enough there to tell me that we could have a good one on our hands. If they treat the game right and don't go down the BFV path of slowly destroying what was a solid game to start with over time.

But comparing this to the BFV and even BF1 launches, this lacks a lot of the charm and satisfying gameplay that they had.
Yeh, it definitely doesn't have the wow factor playing the BF1 beta had. If this followed BF4, you certainly wouldn't rush to buy it.

Also, if you're going to go all PC and add chicks in, don't make them geriatric!

Yeah this is why I don't play conquest, it's just a giant random mess. The map is way to big. Spend half the time shooting at enemies 100m away

Hopefully rush or breakthrough deliver a much more streamline experience.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Yeah that's typically why I don't love most large, open maps.

I think that's why I loved Siege of Shanghai on BF4. Decent engagement distances, varied environments and predictable sight lines. No blokes hiding in the bushes on a hill all game.
Only problem is the EZ-mode choppers you get every single game. Hoping the vehicle difficulty is ramped up in 2042, or at least more viable counters will exist.

Yeh, it definitely doesn't have the wow factor playing the BF1 beta had. If this followed BF4, you certainly wouldn't rush to buy it.

Also, if you're going to go all PC and add chicks in, don't make them geriatric!

Damn old bitches.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which is the better beta? BFV or BF2042?

Yeah that's typically why I don't love most large, open maps.

I think that's why I loved Siege of Shanghai on BF4. Decent engagement distances, varied environments and predictable sight lines. No blokes hiding in the bushes on a hill all game.
Only problem is the EZ-mode choppers you get every single game. Hoping the vehicle difficulty is ramped up in 2042, or at least more viable counters will exist.
What a map. <3

I find all the ingame icons too small to read. Like the Sector names and what not.

Not a fan of the COD-like hit markers and death icons.

The beta just sucks in so many areas. Too many to count. Overall the UI sucks, HUD sucks, weapon attachments thing is weird. On PS4 the gunplay genuinely feels like a mobile game, like PUBG levels of poor.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back