BBL06/WBBL02 Fixtures Released

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought bowling was Hobart's issue last season (not that their batting was much better)? I think you could do worse than Broad but still an average signing at best.

They had a funny year last year. Players were either really good (Bailey, Boyce, Paine, Christian) or absolute rubbish (Sangakkara, Dunk, Sammy) and then there was Tait that was a bit of both as always.

I think they needed a bowler to straighten up their attack. Boyce was excellent as the spinner, Tait and Reed are good strike options but erratic, throw Broad in as a steadier, Christian and Milenko as all round options and Rainbird as depth the attack looks a bit better heading into this year.

I'd back Dunk to find some better form this year but an improved showing from him will likely only balance out with Paine dropping off as I think it would be ambitious to expect he will play as well as last year again.

Dunk, Paine, Sangakkara, Bailey, Wells, Christian, Milenko, Broad, Boyce, Reed, Tait (McDermott, Michael, Rainbird, Rose)

They really need Sangakkara to not suck this year to improve the batting, particularly if/when Bailey is on ODI duty.

Few more signings left so be interesting if they can jag a first XI batsman or all-rounder, they've got some capable domestic players that are underrated in the format but with the lack of big names you'd think that they would still have some cap room for a good domestic signing yet.

So Ding Dong is going to the Scorchers? Do they realise its still a T20 comp and not first class? :D :D :D
Good Scorchers signing - great in the field, will be a steadying influence with the bat, available all season. Will do well!

This is just a dumb post.

Just a lack of understanding probably.

Considering who is out there (or not out there, given availablity), this is a very good, sensible signing. With Marsh, Marsh and Voges likely to be unavailable at points in time over the campaign, and with Harris leaving, they needed experience and solid top order batting. Bell adds both, is available the whiole campaign and will form a handy top order partnership with Klinger. Throw in hopefully some further development from Cartwright and Turner, and Willey's explosiveness and we start to build confidence in the batting again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No one talking about the females?? Love that they're continuing the WBBL and giving the ladies a chance to shine before the guys start their season this BBL!

Don't the renegades have to make another international signing?

1. Finch
2. Harris
3. White
4. Ferguson
5. Wade
6. Bravo
7. Beaton
8. Pattinson
9. Rimmington
10. Hogg
11. Tremain

Not a bad line up, but as usual with the rengades it lacks bowling depth, we should target a bowling all rounder.

1. Finch (c)
2. Harris
3. White
4. Ferguson
5. Wade
6. Bravo
7. Beaton
8. Pattinson
9. Rimmington
10. Hogg
11. Tremain

Not a bad line up, but as usual with the rengades it lacks bowling depth, we should target a bowling all rounder.
Fixed.

Good signing. Given they've already got Hogg and Doherty, thought they might've gone with a quick though.
Doherty has been written off. Finished and won't play baring injury.

With Wade out of the side it leaves a us batter short with Nevills inability with the bat.

But we couldn't buy a wicket so atleast they've compensated

Remove this Banner Ad

Back