Goldenblue

Norm Smith Medallist
Ex-Moderator
Aug 2, 2001
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts
After reading ben Allan's views in the paper this morning, I am beginning to wonder if this guy really has a clue on what he is saying.

His comment on the fact the dorkers will win because McIntosh and Jackovich will be playing on Croad and Longmire is an open statement. I seriously can not think on why he would make such an idiotic comment.

He never looked over the ground. He failed to realise that the midfield is where the frockers will get their asses kicked. Cousins, Kerr and Co will control that area, Gardy will be dominate over the ground, and if Pavlich will struggle to keep up with Gardy presuming he does play on him.

The whole article smacks of bias and does not account for a true focus on both sides. Indeed it is one sided. If Ben wants to earn a reputation on being a good journo for the West Australian, its time he put his heart away and become apolitical for the newspaper, and not just a column for him to boost up the frockers spirits.

I know many Dorker supporters will not agree with me, but if they really looked between the lines, they can see it is one sided even if they dont admit to it.

i havent got the paper as yet but Ben Allan doesnt seem to me like the best person to ask for a "bias free" report.

the same thing used to happen when neesham used to write the match reviews, he always used to tip the dockers and especially against the eagles

come tomorrow hopefully we'll laughing in his face :D

Originally posted by iceman

come tomorrow hopefully we'll laughing in his face :D

Can I start now?
:D

I have said before that I don't rate Ben Allen as any better a judge of a game or a club than the average punter and his article again showed his ignorance. I will, though, give him credit for his comment about Peter Bell picking up his possessions in the back pocket, I have been saying this for some time. Bell needts to do it foreard of centre to make an impact.

Ash on Croad. Croad to lead Ash all over the ground to expose the defence...duhhhhhhhhhh. Conelly is really going to ask a guy who is recovering from a hamstring injury to do that :rolleyes:

Re: Re: Ben Allan

Originally posted by Frodo
Ash on Croad. Croad to lead Ash all over the ground to expose the defence...duhhhhhhhhhh. Conelly is really going to ask a guy who is recovering from a hamstring injury to do that :rolleyes:

That statement stinks of stupidity. If the circumstances were different and it was Ash vs Waterhouse, then i might have to concede that he's right, but i dont think that Croad is as fast as Waterhouse

Originally posted by iceman
sure, why wait?? :D
Remember gents, he who lasts laugh, laughs loudest.

Also, re: Bias, you seriously cant even be close to complaining.

For as long as I can remember it has ALWAYS been West Coast this, west coast that, with any other side, be it Freo or anyone else, getting a very very distant 2nd in any sort of media reporting in this state, and as soon as itis even cloe to evening up, you guys get all narky ;)

It is his opinion, thats what he is paid for - sure not agreeing is fine, but I'll say it again, he would have a far better feeling for it, in his opinion, that any of us, surely.

Either way, I hope for a great game tomorrow, and wish you all the very best of luck (not too much)

Win lose or draw, I look forward to the banter next week - I know I remmeber this is but one game in a 22 week journey, but starting the season with a win on the board, would be great news, especially under the circumstances we find ourselves in.

Nio excuses tho, may the best team win.

Re: Re: Ben Allan

If he isnt fit, and can't run, he shouldn't play.

If he is fit, and playing, thats exactly what will happen.

Simple, isnt it.

Originally posted by kuepper

Remember gents, he who lasts laugh, laughs loudest.

Also, re: Bias, you seriously cant even be close to complaining.

For as long as I can remember it has ALWAYS been West Coast this, west coast that, with any other side, be it Freo or anyone else, getting a very very distant 2nd in any sort of media reporting in this state, and as soon as itis even cloe to evening up, you guys get all narky ;)

It is his opinion, thats what he is paid for - sure not agreeing is fine, but I'll say it again, he would have a far better feeling for it, in his opinion, that any of us, surely.

Either way, I hope for a great game tomorrow, and wish you all the very best of luck (not too much)

Win lose or draw, I look forward to the banter next week - I know I remmeber this is but one game in a 22 week journey, but starting the season with a win on the board, would be great news, especially under the circumstances we find ourselves in.

Nio excuses tho, may the best team win.

Fair enough comments, lets hope its a cracker game :)

Cant wait!! ;)

Originally posted by daddy_4_eyes
Now you know what I have to live with here in Melbourne! I have never seen a news article with the theme "west coast won", it's always "victorian team lost" where they talk about how unlucky the victorian team was, and how under different circumstances, etc etc etc.

Its the same thing here, everytime the eagles or dockers lose (which is quite frequent nowadays ;) ) the back of the paper always says "dockers dive" or "eagles crash" or something stupid like that

Then the excuses for losing come up.... the papers have to cater for the audience

Originally posted by kuepper

I have to agree with Kuepper on this one, no use getting upset because Ben Allan has an opinion. He may be biased but so are we. No problems on that account with me.

Belgarion

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"bias free" thats a laugh iceman since 3qtrs of the media are ex wet toast players and coaches.evryone on channel weagle is ex eagle. judge,now im the main man mainwairing,and i want to be the main man barra.
your just lucky your not in victoria,how much media do think they'd get there.so stop ya petty whining(i know its hard for a wet toast fan)and count yourself lucky.

and the fact the media refuse to name prettyboy cousins and to cool gardner in the paper shows how biased and weak they are.

I read Ben Allans report on why the Dockers will win.....he thinks are defence will be stretched despite Farmer and Waterhouse not playing??? He also seems to think our defense is just Jako and Milli, does he not know about Collica, Matera, Glass etc etc...

He also forgets to mention Freos weak midfield which will be blown away through the middle by Cuz and co....

Eagles by 33 points.

Originally posted by FreoDocker
Alright ... lets wait till after the match before you decide if he's a mental or a genius ??? ;)

Neither mental nor genius, but not that crash-hot as a pundit IMO.

Ben got the Bell thing exactly right, but beyond that, er, no. The Jakovich / McIntosh veterans show lifted at just the right time and really there wasn't much else in there to support BA's view of the world.

Originally posted by Voice of Reason

Neither mental nor genius, but not that crash-hot as a pundit IMO.

Ben got the Bell thing exactly right, but beyond that, er, no. The Jakovich / McIntosh veterans show lifted at just the right time and really there wasn't much else in there to support BA's view of the world.

Hmmm after the game I'd describe him as D.ick Smith of opinions, has some great ideas at the time... but he'll no doubt regret them afterwards.

heres hoping Ben Allan feels like a complete idiot after some of his previous comments....

seems Jakovich proved him wrong, and his comments about Wirra not being able to play in the midfield were wrong too (ok, wirra didnt play there all game but did stay around there for a significant amount of time)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Ben Allan

So I guess he wasn't fit :rolleyes:
That's it, keep them rolleyes coming, you argumentally challenged lemon.

Snipe away, ill see you after 22 rounds - after you have played some "serious" sides.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back