best CHFL player in the leagu

Remove this Banner Ad

Hmmm I havent heard this discussed in the CHFL threads before:eek:

FWIW Luke Adams

how could you say luke adams yeah he can deliver to fowards but doesn't get the hard ball and doesnt no 2 way footy. how about a player who is consisitent in all areas such as rebound 50s hard ball gets and 1%s, that would be the best chfl player. and who would it be? come back with someone better

how could you say luke adams yeah he can deliver to fowards but doesn't get the hard ball and doesnt no 2 way footy. how about a player who is consisitent in all areas such as rebound 50s hard ball gets and 1%s, that would be the best chfl player. and who would it be? come back with someone better

Consistent? I havent seen Luke Adams play a bad game in 6-7 years and Ive seen him play 90% of his games in that time. Numerous top3 finishes in League B+Fs and numerous BFL interleague caps (including captaincy). I dont think you'd find someone in the league with a better list than that.

Name someone yourself instead of coming up with weak excuses as to why my opinion is invalid.

Consistent? I havent seen Luke Adams play a bad game in 6-7 years and Ive seen him play 90% of his games in that time. Numerous top3 finishes in League B+Fs and numerous BFL interleague caps (including captaincy). I dont think you'd find someone in the league with a better list than that.

Name someone yourself instead of coming up with weak excuses as to why my opinion is invalid.

if you read back i never said he couldn't play good footy. you had to talk him up a bit though to get out of agreeing with my reasons, so you no he doesn't do that either obviously. i knew you would pipe up though because you only said him for the obvious reason your from daylesford, you weren't bias i'd warrant your thought.

if you read back i never said he couldn't play good footy. you had to talk him up a bit though to get out of agreeing with my reasons, so you no he doesn't do that either obviously. i knew you would pipe up though because you only said him for the obvious reason your from daylesford, you weren't bias i'd warrant your thought.

Fair points Aggatts. Yeah I guess I am biased but I still stand by my opinion. Your criteria for being the best CHFL player (rebound 50s hard ball gets and 1%s) is just your opinion. I believe traits such as standing up in the big games (Luke has been BOG in D'ford's two big games of the year so far against Hepburn/Waubra and has stood up in many other games during his career), credentials (Luke would have achieved more than any player in the CHFL) and versitility (Luke could play anywhere on the ground and take charge) as important as well. I'm not gunna disagree with your choices in McKay and Liston as they are super players as well. Everyone sees things differently however, there's 10-12 blokes in the league that could be argued as being the best player.

Who would u reckon then mate? Cos if your going to dismiss Luke Adams so abruptly then you would wanna have a good candidate and some good reasoning behind it. To accuse AxelFoley of being biased is odd because the very fact that you so bittery dismiss Luke is prob something to do with your own team bias, its a mental thing mate. You don't like him because the good things he does has negative effects for you

Luke Adams has Sheep Dog written all over him, like to see him get in there and get the hard ball gets instead of it being hand fed to him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Luke Adams has Sheep Dog written all over him, like to see him get in there and get the hard ball gets instead of it being hand fed to him.

12 years of senior footy: club B and F's, Interleage representation, interleague captaincy, runner up henderson medal, a stint at north ballarat roosters and a Geoff Taylor Medal; might suggest otherwise

12 years of senior footy: club B and F's, Interleage representation, interleague captaincy, runner up henderson medal, a stint at north ballarat roosters and a Geoff Taylor Medal; might suggest otherwise

and as if you aren't bias aswell. even if you weren't i still couldn't care less because as far as i know you havent played a senior game of footy in your career and sounds like you just write down exactly what axle foley said. as i have played over 250 senior games and seen alot more i think my suggestion on liston and mckay is fair aswell as my points on adams. if you read back axle even agreed to a certain level so dont give me your s**t, because its absoloutly pathetic your a sheep that just follows what other daylesford people believe. how abbout you come back in few years whaen you have a bit of experince to back up your thoughts otherwise dont even express your opinion

and as if you aren't bias aswell. even if you weren't i still couldn't care less because as far as i know you havent played a senior game of footy in your career and sounds like you just write down exactly what axle foley said. as i have played over 250 senior games and seen alot more i think my suggestion on liston and mckay is fair aswell as my points on adams. if you read back axle even agreed to a certain level so dont give me your s**t, because its absoloutly pathetic your a sheep that just follows what other daylesford people believe. how abbout you come back in few years whaen you have a bit of experince to back up your thoughts otherwise dont even express your opinion

now dont get worked up mate. was jus puttin the stats out there that i think offered some form of proof refuting TheOx's claims that Luke Adams is a sheepdog i didnt say that people like Liston or McKay arnt worthy, there are many worthy contenders and like AxelFoley there are some things you'v said that i find myself in slight aggreeance with.

all very gud players having played againts all, i belive adams and mckay are probably two x-men in very gud teams. liston picks up alot of cheap kicks and isnt as damaging, i believe joey gilbert who is playin in a pretty average side is tough as nails and in a betta team who knows how gud he would be, wat does every1 think

Luke Adams is definatly up there due to his consistancy but a player that hardly gets a mention on this site is Clayton Scoble. That bloke is an absolute freak and loves the hard ball gets.

Luke Adams is definatly up there due to his consistancy but a player that hardly gets a mention on this site is Clayton Scoble. That bloke is an absolute freak and loves the hard ball gets.

Very true. Clayton is quality on and off the field, extremely well respected around the club and community, won the best and fairest last year, well deserved. Does anyone rate any of the power forwards as up there in the race for the best in the league? Nicholson, Brown, Cox?

actually when dford played bunga this year i thought clayton scobie was outstanding. very underated. well you would think big ox nicholson has stitched up the goal-kicking on saturday but im sure hes more focused on getting them to the finals. anyone think he'll be able to kick the 6 and notch up the hundred?

Very true. Clayton is quality on and off the field, extremely well respected around the club and community, won the best and fairest last year, well deserved. Does anyone rate any of the power forwards as up there in the race for the best in the league? Nicholson, Brown, Cox?

cox very agile with sure hands. on a picture perfect day hard man to match, in wet struggles as do most big forwards though. i believe he givs more than others

actually when dford played bunga this year i thought clayton scobie was outstanding. very underated. well you would think big ox nicholson has stitched up the goal-kicking on saturday but im sure hes more focused on getting them to the finals. anyone think he'll be able to kick the 6 and notch up the hundred?

Will be a tough assignment against the Waubra defence but should give it a shot. Good luck to him.

Any nominations for the best 1st year player? IMO Mick 'Freddy' Cummings has it in the bag and should be about $1.01 at TAB Sportsbet. 10 goals straight on the weekend in an awesum display, not bad for a bloke 1st year out of the U18's.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back